Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Multiple Aux Input to Beosound 9000

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Pestria
Not Ranked
47 Posts
Bronze Member
Pestria posted on Tue, Jul 5 2016 1:13 PM

Hi everyone

Currently I've got an airport express connected via the aux in and want to add a non B&O turntable (which is currently possible by manually unplugging the airport and moving the line-in cable to the turntable).

Is there any way of connecting 2 (or more) auxillary sources directly into the besound 9000, ideally without a manual switch box?

Apologies if the solution is mentioned on another thread.

Thanks in advance

AP

All Replies

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
702 Posts
Silver Member

One option would be the ...AV 7000!

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Bronze Member

If you don't have both on at once, why not use a simple y-cable for connecting them ?

Martin 

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
850 Posts
Bronze Member

I once tried a Y cable but the problem is that if there is an output from both devices in standby the signal is much lower. Best way at the moment would be to replace the airport express with a Playmaker which then gives automatic switching via the aux in for the turntable. I used to have an AE and DAc but the playmaker is a much better option now that they can be bought relatively cheaply - hardwired to your router it is excellent.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,280 Posts
Bronze Member

I agree on that one.

This might also be a solution:

http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3494&language=en

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Pestria
Not Ranked
47 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for all your replies.

I have to admit that I've never really understood the benefits of the Playmaker.   I suppose my lazy assumption is that they're an expensive version of an airport express.

I see from looking at the guide on the B&O site that it will accept the inputs I'm looking for.  Can you alter the selected the input from a link room?

The doesn't mention outputs other than directly to speakers.  I assume this is possible - is it line-out to the aux socket on the Beosund 9000?

AP

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,280 Posts
Bronze Member

The line-in of the Playmaker has autosense - means, that as soon as you send something to it, it swiches on.

If you have your BS9000 setup with linkrooms, you just use the command, that is configured for the Playmaker (usually A.aux or A.tape....).

The PL-output can be setup as fixed line-out - means, that you control the volume through controlling your BS9000. Usually the Playmaker is set to no-ir connection (option 0) and can be hidden away.

The airplay part works as with any other airplay device.

It is recommended to hardwire the Playmaker to your homenetwork.

MM

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
587 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Wed, Jul 6 2016 10:54 AM

Millemissen:

The line-in of the Playmaker has autosense - means, that as soon as you send something to it, it swiches on.

That's not completely wrong but the other way round it gets a shoe :)

The signal from the Line-In connector will be routed to the powerlink connector which can be set to a fixed line level.

As soon as a DLNA _or_ Apple Airplay signal is received the corresponding signal will now be routed to the powerlink connection, whereas the Apple signal has the higher priority above the DLNA (or UPnP) signal.

So listening to the record player is possible as long as no Apple device sends it's music to the playmaker. If this happens one  will hear the apple device even in the Link-Room. This can be used to switch from the record player 'remote' to Apple (or DLNA) music.

I hope this makes the use of the playmaker a bit more transparent. I think it's an underestimated device from B&O but that's my own opinion.

Also what Millemissen said about hardwirirng the playmaker to your home network is true, except you have no neighbors within the next 400m or more.

Ralph-Marcus

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,280 Posts
Bronze Member

@Ralph-Magnus

It is ONE device - its (3) sources/inputs can only be used one at a time, sure.

It is like - if you want to go into the garden and only have one pair of clogs - only one person can go.

However if 'the mother' has priory, 'the father' has to wait for her to come back.

Which source has priority is described in the UserGuide (Connections page 9), which the OP stated that he had already read!

The Playmaker is a rather versatile device.

It is imo totally underestimated and sometimes even unjustly bullied from beoworlders.

May have some defiencies in the wireless reception, but in quite a few of these cases (the settings of) the home network of the owner can be blamed.

Whenever you can hardwire, do it - this goes for the Playmaker as in general.

MM

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
850 Posts
Bronze Member

Silou - that looks great - I have emailed to ask for more information - I also saw they have a controller for a Revox B77 - just what I need - a good site

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,850 Posts
Founder

Silou:

I don`t think it`s an IR switch box and won`t work on BS9000. It needs datalink on AUX port (that`s why it`s for BS2300/2500/Ouverture). But it will work in MCL- or ML systems. I`d try the Oneremote ...

I heard, they don`t produce the B77 box anymore...

Stefan

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
483 Posts
Bronze Member
This is interesting, but I don't understand it Big Smile

I have a BS9000 and a Playmaker and a (non) B&O turntable. So reading below I am getting excited, as I have same dilemma / question as OP

Playmaker to Aux BS9000 and turntable to Playmaker? Or am I missing something?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,280 Posts
Bronze Member

Ferdinand:

Playmaker to Aux BS9000 and turntable to Playmaker? Or am I missing something?

No - it will be fine so (provideded that you make the right settings, when configuring the PM).

MM

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL