No sound from front speakers connected to BeoSystem 3

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

8000Kristian
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member
8000Kristian posted on Tue, Jun 28 2016 11:32 AM

Hi BeoWorld members. I'm quite new on the forum. So please excuse me if i posted this in the wrong category.

A couple of months ago i bought a couple of Beolab 8000 used from a B&O dealership in the town i'm living in. As i had just sold my old BeoMaster 7000 a few months prior to that, i used the Line-In connection on the speakers to connect them to my TV.

Last week i found a good deal on a BeoVision 4-50 including a BeoSystem 3, in my hometown. So when my dad invited me over for his birthday i saw the opportunity to pick it up. 

As i was travelling home by train, i could only carry the BeoSystem 3.

Last night i found the time to run the cables neatly in my appartment, and prepare the BeoSystem 3. Everything went well and i started connecting equipment. I have an old Sony Full HD Flatscreen, which i connected to the DISPLAY 1 PORT. For testing i connected my ChromeCast to one of the HDMI-ports and got it working.

Then went the speakers. I have a single BeoLab 4 connected to the CENTRE PORT. Then i connected the two BeoLab 8000 speakers to PORT 2 and PORT 3 in the POWERLINK panel of the BeoSystem 3.

I switched everything on and the BeoSystem 3, the BeoLab 4 and the Sony TV functioned perfectly. But the BeoLab 8000s wasn't turning on. 

Quickly i found out that i hadn't switched them from Line-In to POWERLINK, so i did that. But unfortunately there were no difference. I think that i have been through every possible setting in the MENU-system of the BeoSystem 3. The two BeoLab 8000s are dedicated to frontspeakers. 

When i use the SPEAKER command on the Beo4 the following happens:

• SPEAKER 1 - The BeoLab 4 functions as centerspeaker
  • SPEAKER 2 - The Beolab 4 turns off, but the BeoLab 8000s doesn't turn on
  • SPEAKER 3 - The BeoLab 4 turns on again, but there is still no sound from the 8000s. 

From time to time, the 8000s turn on when i go through the settings, but the only sound they play is from their relays...

I think i have done what i can but if anyone here on the forum have an idea of what the solution could be, i would be extremely grateful to hear from you. 

On a sidenote.. Is there a smart solution for posting pictures from an iPad here in the thread?

A young bloke in his early 20's with an expensive hobby..

Present:

Beovision 4-50 Full HD, Beosystem 3, DVD2, Beolab 8000 MK2, Beolab 7-2, Beotime alarmclock, Beosystem 2300, Beolab 2500, Beovision 8-40, Beosound 8, Beo5, Beo4 DTV

Sold:

BeoMaster 7000, BeoVox RL7000, BeoCenter 6-23 DVI, Beolab 4, B&O F1000 furniture, Beovision 8-26

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:00 PM
Did you try the configuration option where you adjust the relative sound volumes ?

On my BVs this means I can produce white noise hiss on individual speakers.

This might aid your testing.

BeoNut since '75

8000Kristian
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant

I have tried to adjust the volume individually for each speaker, but it doesn't make any difference :-/. 

Present:

Beovision 4-50 Full HD, Beosystem 3, DVD2, Beolab 8000 MK2, Beolab 7-2, Beotime alarmclock, Beosystem 2300, Beolab 2500, Beovision 8-40, Beosound 8, Beo5, Beo4 DTV

Sold:

BeoMaster 7000, BeoVox RL7000, BeoCenter 6-23 DVI, Beolab 4, B&O F1000 furniture, Beovision 8-26

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,491 Posts
Bronze Member

You will have to assign the speakers to their respective functions - Left Front - Right Front.

See the user guide available on the B&O website -> Product Support.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

8000Kristian
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply! 

Although i know it would have been weird i had to try if there was something wrong with the 8000s. So i tried to move their POWERLINK connector to the CENTRE port of the BeoSystem 3. That worked and i'm now sure, that every speaker works. 

So my conclusion is that i'm the failure or there is a fault in the speakerconnections of the BeoSystem 3.

I hope that i'm doing something wrong when assigning the speakers. 😕

Present:

Sold:

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,645 Posts
Gold Member

Hi 8000Kristian,

It is possible that you may have faulty (or unsuitable) cables to the Beolab 8000s.  You are welcome to try some of my cables on sale or return to see if this resolves the issue (simply post them back within 60 days for a full refund if they don't solve the problem):-

http://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/20-powerlink-mk-3-compatible-8-pin-din-cable-with-4-cores-wired-low-profile-cable.html

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

8000Kristian
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Steve.

That's an extremely kind offer, but i have tested each cable through the POWERLINK-port of my BV8-26, and they did what they should. 

It would have been nice if it was as easy as switching cables..

Present:

Sold:

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Hi.

Just making sure: Did you assign the speakers correctly?

If you bought it second hand, the setup may be totally out of whack!

Incidentally if anyone is interested in the inner works of the BS3,- you might want to take a look here:

LINK

Pretty impressive piece of hardware, and the option of distributing HD A/V 7.1 is found nowhere else... except for the 7-55 MKII.

8000Kristian
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member

PROBLEM SOLVED...

As i woke up i was ready to grab the BeoSystem and bring it to my local dealer, for him to find the fault. But something in my head told me give the BeoSystem a reset and start over. 

So i did, and i found out that the fault was... Me... I didn't assign the speakers as i should have done. 

So this time it worked and the system have been playing perfectly since that. :-)

A big thanks goes out to all of you who have responded to the thread!

Present:

Sold:

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Brilliant Kristian!

Just wait till you figure out what the Display 2 port can be used for.... :-)

Format 0,-  let the magic begin.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
141 Posts
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Wed, Jul 20 2016 11:42 PM

BEOVOX141:

Hi.

Just making sure: Did you assign the speakers correctly?

If you bought it second hand, the setup may be totally out of whack!

Incidentally if anyone is interested in the inner works of the BS3,- you might want to take a look here:

LINK

Pretty impressive piece of hardware, and the option of distributing HD A/V 7.1 is found nowhere else... except for the 7-55 MKII.

Very impressive indeed. A high end Analog Devices chipset is used : Sharc DSP and AD1939 A/D D/A converters that work at 24bit /196khz.

Rregards,

Jean

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL