Beoplay App- does it work properly?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Irvine
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Irvine posted on Fri, Jun 3 2016 3:48 PM

I have 4 Beolit 15's and a Beoplay A1 and use the app for all of them.  If another Beolit 15 is within range of the one that I have turned on, the app turns on the other one, even though that isn't the one I want, and music starts playing through the other one.  I have also noticed that the app has to restart every time I "wake up" the iPhone or iPad.  The modification of the tone is essential to playing the Beolit 15's; they are extraordinarily bass-heavy without the app.  Anyone had any experience with this?  Also, am I the only one that finds the Beolits extraordinarily bass-centric?  It makes them difficult to listen to at any volume above a very low setting.

All Replies

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
615 Posts
Bronze Member

I cannot tell anything about the app as it works fluently with my A1 and Beolit 15. But As I told in other posts I agree with you for the Beolit 15... Since I have the A1 I use it less and less because of the heavy boomy bass. The Beolit 15 is at it's best when place very far from any wall... I find the sound much better with the A1 although not as loud (but I don't mind as I never use it that loud).

Irvine
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Irvine replied on Fri, Jun 3 2016 10:44 PM

I have had the same experience with both the A1 and the Beolits.  If I move the Beolits away from a wall, the bass becomes more manageable.  I also do not play the A1 loudly enough to cause the bass to be an issue.  The issue of starting the app and then causing another Beolit to turn on and paly music is none that I just cannot figure out.  I have reinstalled the app and had no further success.  I cannot imagine that B and O intended such a bass heavy tone; they have been known for crisp, clear highs and clean midrange sound primarily, whereas Bose is known for emphasizing the bass frequencies.  I am not sure how to let B and O that their software has a problem.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL