Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beogram 7000 turntable starts spinning of it's own accord. Look, no hands!!!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member
joeyboygolf posted on Fri, Apr 22 2016 8:33 PM

Any one seen this phenomenon before and know the fix???

Regards Graham

All Replies

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
363 Posts
Bronze Member

Not yet, only the platter is spinning or does it start playing? (Record on of course) 

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

ProGram:

Not yet, only the platter is spinning or does it start playing? (Record on of course) 

Just the platter spins, it doesn't start to play. It sometimes does it with no record on!

Regards Graham

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,683 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 10:14 AM

Check for free movement of the dual-headed start/stop solenoid.
Check all the mechanically operated microswitches, their tiny square springs can sometimes come off, leaving the affected
switch constant on or off.

Martin

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
363 Posts
Bronze Member
ProGram replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 11:09 AM

1S1 causes the platter to spin. It's located on the bottom of the triangular shaped pcb near the big gearwheel. It's also possible that the diode D9 became defective.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

Dillen:

Check for free movement of the dual-headed start/stop solenoid.
Check all the mechanically operated microswitches, their tiny square springs can sometimes come off, leaving the affected
switch constant on or off.

Martin

Solenoid is free to move, I've never seen a tight one! Micro switches all check OK.

The motor is not getting full voltage as it is almost but not quite at a standstill. Maybe spinning at 10 rpm and no torque. I can stop it with my finger and start it again by turning the platter. Weird

Regards Graham

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post

Regards Graham

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

ProGram:

1S1 causes the platter to spin. It's located on the bottom of the triangular shaped pcb near the big gearwheel. It's also possible that the diode D9 became defective.

Defective diode is a possibility. I'll change the board for another and see if that cures it and investigate D9 later.

Regards Graham

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
363 Posts
Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

The motor is not getting full voltage as it is almost but not quite at a standstill. Maybe spinning at 10 rpm and no torque. I can stop it with my finger and start it again by turning the platter. Weird

Ah! That could be the transistor TR6. It switches the supply voltage for the motor. Maybe it's leaking.

Sorry for my earlier post. Diode D9 cannot be the fault, it is conducting, when the pickup has moved in (1S1 closed). I wondered about the circuit in the manual, which i downloaded. It is a little blurred around the motor. So in the printed version it's clear.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,683 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:46 PM

A replacement board would cure it, no doubt, but else TR4 / TR5 (both BC337 - you have those) and
also TR6 and TR10 could be at fault.

You already replaced one leaky BC337 - it was in this deck too, right?
Could be a bad batch.

Martin

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

I might just push my luck and replace all the BC337's on the board. I'll order some TR6 and TR10

Will keep you all informed.

Regards Graham

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

I might just push my luck and replace all the BC337's on the board. I'll order some TR6 and TR10

Will keep you all informed.

Replaced TR10, not cured the problem. Will sleep on it for a bit

Regards Graham

Steve
Not Ranked
Cape Town
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Steve replied on Wed, Jul 27 2016 6:19 PM

Hi Graham

i am having exactly the same issue with my Beogram 6500. Did you find the problem?

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
875 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Wed, Nov 16 2016 2:36 AM
I'm having almost the same thing on my BG 7000. It starts by itself when I plug it into an outlet.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,187 Posts
Bronze Member

Steve:

Hi Graham

i am having exactly the same issue with my Beogram 6500. Did you find the problem?

No, sold it as spares or repair, in the end.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL