rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

jarnim
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
jarnim posted on Wed, Apr 20 2016 11:22 PM

Hi all, 

since apparently there is no way to connect a Sonos Playbar to my trusted (and still fantastic) Beovision 9, I am wondering about alternatives - would a Beosound 35 be an option, and can I connect it somehow to my Beovision 9?

Does anyone have opinions about the Beosound 35, is it a good idea to connect it to a TV?

I do not want to connect my Beolab5's to BV9 anymore, because I use them in a different room now, so I need an alternative in order to get good sound from my Beovision 9. Help/ideas much appreciated!!

All Replies

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Apr 20 2016 11:29 PM
jarnim:

Hi all,

since apparently there is no way to connect a Sonos Playbar to my trusted (and still fantastic) Beovision 9, I am wondering about alternatives - would a Beosound 35 be an option, and can I connect it somehow to my Beovision 9?

Does anyone have opinions about the Beosound 35, is it a good idea to connect it to a TV?

I do not want to connect my Beolab5's to BV9 anymore, because I use them in a different room now, so I need an alternative in order to get good sound from my Beovision 9. Help/ideas much appreciated!!

I would recommend a pair of 17s and a wireless kit.

I think the bs35 would not be what you want.

The 17s would give you a nice full sound and the opportunity to have good stereo with excellent separation.
jarnim
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
jarnim replied on Thu, Apr 21 2016 12:57 AM

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, mjmedlo!

Yes, that indeed would be one solution - but to be absolutely honest, in my eyes (and that is only my personal feeling, mind you) the 17s are one of the worst designs of B&O speakers, so in my case this will not be a solution, sadly. As for my aging BV9, I think there will not be a "perfect" solution after all, because in a year or so, I plan on switching to the Avant (or the updated version), so I do not want to spend too much money on speakers I will not really need in a year or so. 

By the way, in case someone knows a workaround regarding the Sonos Playbar connecting to a BV9, please let me know. In the past weeks, I got a few Sonos speakers "just for fun" (Sonos 5's, controlling them through my iPhone), and I must say, this is exactly what I was desperate for B&O to come up with... The ease of use, and yes, the quality of sound also - if only B&O.........

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
692 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Apr 21 2016 3:42 AM

The BS35 has an AUX input.  The BV9 must have an AUX output, no?  You will need to disable the delay that is built in to compensate for the digital delay of other sources. 

I'm not sure how much this will add soundwise, though.  The bv9 already has decent speakers, and it seems like others on the site haven't exactly raved about the sound/power of the BS35.  Although, I haven't heard it so I probably should not comment. 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,903 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Jarnim,

You can certainly use Beolab 35 as a sound bar with your Beovision 9, all you need is this cable: http://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/110-5-pin-din-to-twin-rca-powerlink-compatible-to-non-bo-hifi-amplifier-receiver-etc-din-to-twin-phono.html

The sound quality should be good, the only thing you may not get is deep bass for movies.  Adding a subwoofer (either Beolab 2, 11 or 19 or a non-B&O sub if you prefer) should fix this.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL