Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New BeoVision

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 498 Replies | 8 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
109 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin posted on Mon, Apr 4 2016 3:50 PM

Hello all!

I have heard from a reliable source that the next BeoVision will be made of wood on the back and sides. 

Just thought I'd share. Pretty exciting! 

All Replies

Lars Ladingkaer
Not Ranked
Denmark
49 Posts
Bronze Member

Weebyx:

Only apps available from Google Play is there, so no Danish streaming services, only Netflix. So for the Nordic streaming, an Apple TV is still required !!

There is another option as well. Android TV comes with Google Cast (build in Chromecast).

All the streaming apps for smartphone and tablet that works with Google cast (and thats most of them) will work with the new B&O TV's.

But then its not controlled from the B&O remote, but from the streaming apps themselves. The TV then takes over the actual playing of the content.

/Lars

Editor in Chief, recordere.dk
Danish online magazine for consumer electronics

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,118 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 4:56 PM

Weebyx:

The Beovision 14 was not on display yet, but I noticed right away a 40" Beovision 11 with the wooden front ;) So they actually make the new front for the BV11 range also.

The fact the wooden fret will fit my BV11-40 is probably the best B&O news I've heard for a while! Only kidding. But it does mean I can have a BV14-40 without the expense. Who's going to know the difference? You don't need 4K on a 40". Even SD looks decent on the 40".

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,108 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 5:08 PM

Lars Ladingkaer:

Weebyx:

Only apps available from Google Play is there, so no Danish streaming services, only Netflix. So for the Nordic streaming, an Apple TV is still required !!

There is another option as well. Android TV comes with Google Cast (build in Chromecast).

All the streaming apps for smartphone and tablet that works with Google cast (and thats most of them) will work with the new B&O TV's.

But then its not controlled from the B&O remote, but from the streaming apps themselves. The TV then takes over the actual playing of the content.

/Lars

But in my thinking it is very important when I buy a B&O tv, that I control it(and the stuff I connect) with the B&O remote... I hate using my phone to stream stuff, then some calls, then I get a notification, then I run out of power...

I need to control my "Smart TV" from B&O via the smart TV in the B&O TV... Nothing less, otherwise I just stream everything through the AppleTV on my Samsung..

This feels a bit like a step backwards. But if only I needed to watch Netflix and DTV, then it is a perfect TV.

/Weebyx

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Too bad the new software is so laggy. Probably cheap cpu. Won't get quicker - trust me. Android is already optimized.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,108 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 8:16 PM

Michael:
Too bad the new software is so laggy. Probably cheap cpu. Won't get quicker - trust me. Android is already optimized.

Yes, I mean it works, but it's just not the fantastic experience you would expect on a TV for that money. 

/Weebyx

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 11:06 PM
Weebyx:

Yes, I mean it works, but it's just not the fantastic experience you would expect on a TV for that money.

/Weebyx

I use an Apple TV 4 with my Avant. That's an amazingly fluid experience. When it gets 4K then I have Netflix already too. Probably Telia (my TV operator) will have an app soon as well. Then I can throw away their box too. And the unit is well capable of simpler games.

So that's about all I might need in the end.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Rombeek
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member

Do you know of you be able to connect (active) BeoLabs to the Loewe Bild 7?

In other words: does the Bild 7 have something like a beosystem build into it?

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
423 Posts
Bronze Member

yes you can connect beolabs to certain loewes the ones with hd decoders built in as i did in the past, but you will need the digital audiolink adapter cable in order to acheive this.

Beoplay A2

Rombeek
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member

The digital audio link cable runs from each BeoLab to the Loewe huilt in HD decoder?

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
423 Posts
Bronze Member

No the digital audiolink is a device which has an rj45 input and pre-out sockets, you connect an ethernet cable from the loewe to the rj45 input of the digital audiolink device and connect the beolabs via rca cables to the pre-out sockets on the audiolink device.

From there you go into the loewes audio menu and select active speakers, from there you can set the frequency and distances of the speakers and use the tv remote as the volume source to the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Beoplay A2

Rombeek
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, helps a lot, clear explanation!

Thanks!

Do you know if there's a simular solution for my old "non-rj45" cables, or very easy to replace them for rj45? The digital audiolink device is made by Loewe or by B&O?

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
423 Posts
Bronze Member

heres a quick diagram of what it looks like.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=loewe%20digital%20audio%20link&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari&dlnr=1&sei=XSC3V_3ZH6SHgAa_84GIBA#dlnr=1&imgrc=dtMGIVg1JeUMIM%3A

Beoplay A2

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
423 Posts
Bronze Member

It's made by loewe.

Beoplay A2

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
423 Posts
Bronze Member

Actually my mistake you need the audiolink cable with the pre-out sockets and the digital audiolink converter. The audiolink cable screws into the audiolink converter via the pins, and then you connect an ethernet cable from the loewes digital audio out to the rj45 input on the converter.

Followed by rca cables from beolabs going to the pre-out sockets on the audiolink, hope i have explained it okay it really is easy to implement b&0 with loewe i found it painless when i did this myself. The tv turned on and powered my lab17s and turned off when the tv was switched off without a hitch.

Beoplay A2

Rombeek
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member

Great!

Page 33 of 34 (499 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL