Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New BeoVision

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 498 Replies | 8 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
109 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin posted on Mon, Apr 4 2016 3:50 PM

Hello all!

I have heard from a reliable source that the next BeoVision will be made of wood on the back and sides. 

Just thought I'd share. Pretty exciting! 

All Replies

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
604 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 9:05 PM
As a 4K upgrade from BV11, this interests me more than BV14.

...but no.

Now that BV14 and this are out, and Avant NG will be of the same design as the current Avant, I will wait and see what the B&O / LG OLED will be like.

God willing, it will be a truly original new design. For me, switching brands has never been this close since the early 1990s. For me, TV (BV) is still a key component in my setup.

And I'm an "all or nothing" kind of a guy. The day I switch from a BV to another brand, I'll re-think a whole new non-B&O setup. Some stand-alone Play products might remain.

Today's releases give a lot to think about.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

henrik
Top 150 Contributor
Sweden
444 Posts
Bronze Member
henrik replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 9:08 PM

I really like it, just like the V1 (that I love) it's different but also very different to the V1. Is the speaker grille and the frame all aluminium? In that case, I guess it looks much better IRL than in these pictures. Well done B&O! Just like the V1, I guess this will be a design that some of us love and others hate, and I think it's a great idea to let the more expensive sets (like the BV14) be more elegant and give the cheaper tvs more attitude.

I actually like that a wheels stand is available, really useful in some situations.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen:

It could be really nice with the bluetooth audio out function that is just great.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

I agree! Would be nice. Easy to go around now with an external Bluetooth sender but I find that setup a bit too messy if the internal one exist and would work. Especially since it would turn ow with the set too.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA:

As a 4K upgrade from BV11, this interests me more than BV14.

...but no.

Now that BV14 and this are out, and Avant NG will be of the same design as the current Avant, I will wait and see what the B&O / LG OLED will be like.

God willing, it will be a truly original new design. For me, switching brands has never been this close since the early 1990s. For me, TV (BV) is still a key component in my setup.

And I'm an "all or nothing" kind of a guy. The day I switch from a BV to another brand, I'll re-think a whole new non-B&O setup. Some stand-alone Play products might remain.

Today's releases give a lot to think about. KMA

Current setup : BeoVision 11-46 with Apple TV, Sony BDP-S790, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 , BeoPlay A8, pair of BeoPlay S3, Beo5, BeoRemote One . B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

KMA, it scares me at the same time if B&O decides to stop producing tvs, since they have a big factory in Czech that was enabled for tvs when the 2014 avant launched. Probably a high investment that would be stopped very much too early. Will be hugely costly investment wise probably.

But let's not forget B&O been in touch with other manufactures before, Philips and Thomson. And that didn't work out too well. I think this might be something like that.

Beofan2
Not Ranked
62 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofan2 replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 12:20 AM

I noticed that it's made in Poland. TP vision have a factory in Poland.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,497 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 6:28 AM

So, we pay 10 times the price for a chinese branded Philips that is made in Poland and rebranded as aB&O TV?

That's tough... Devil

Lars Ladingkaer
Not Ranked
Denmark
49 Posts
Bronze Member

TP Vision is actually still an european company. Made out of the old Philips TV-department. Its owned by TPV, but is not a chinese company as such.

HQ, sales and deveplopment is in The Nederlands and manufacturing is in Poland.

Horizon comes with B&Os design, loudspeakers, surround sound, powerlink, remote, wireless speakers ect.

TP Vision contributes with the "motherboard" (video part, Android TV) and manufacturing.

But no Ambilight Smile

/Lars

Btw: All new models with Android TV comes the same computer+video electronics  inside.

Editor in Chief, recordere.dk
Danish online magazine for consumer electronics

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,503 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

To me, the Horizon looks like one of those TVs they wheeled at at primary school in 1992, albeit flat screen version!

To watch the mating of deer in the wild
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,406 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 11:33 AM
If that floats your boat!
L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 12:49 PM

TWG:

So, we pay 10 times the price for a chinese branded Philips that is made in Poland and rebranded as aB&O TV?

That's tough... Devil

TP Vision has nothing to do with Bang and Olufsen. Philips used to deliver CRT monitors to spec of B&O for avant series. 

Lars Ladingkaer
Not Ranked
Denmark
49 Posts
Bronze Member

L1NO:

TP Vision has nothing to do with Bang and Olufsen. Philips used to deliver CRT monitors to spec of B&O for avant series. 

The rumor this summer was that TP Vision. the maker of Android TV under the Philips brand, is the supplier of the electronics (logic board, video and computer) for all the 3 new TV's (BV14, Horizon and Avant NG).

And that they make the Horizon for B&O. This TV is made in Poland, where TP Vision has their factory.

But don't worry. It doesn't say "Philips inside" and there is no Ambilight Smile

B&O has put their fingerprint on it and supplied design, sound, surround, powerlink, remote control, wireless audio and more.

When you get a chance for hands on, you'll see that Horizon looks and feel like a Bang & Olufsen TV.

/Lars

Editor in Chief, recordere.dk
Danish online magazine for consumer electronics

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
139 Posts
Bronze Member

Is there a motorized stand option for the BV Horizon?

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Brigantinus:

Is there a motorized stand option for the BV Horizon?

No and the stand options is quite expensive compared to the V1 that it replaces. (At least it looks like it)

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,108 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 4:11 PM

Went down to my dealer today to look at the Horizon..

First impression.. much nicer in real life in pictures. it is a good looking tv, not fancy or totally B&O stylish, but nice. The picture from the DTV source was really really great though. Watched some olympics with fast scrolling water images, very smooth and sharp image, without to much artefacts and blur on the water.

Sound was not fantastic, but much better that standard flatscreen tv's.

One thing I noticed right away.. Stupid Google/Android smart tv.. Not very quick menus, and scrolling was not smooth at all. Only apps available from Google Play is there, so no Danish streaming services, only Netflix. So for the Nordic streaming, an Apple TV is still required !!

The 80's stand with four wheels.. also nicer in real life, and I really can understand why they made it. In some homes the small 40 inch will be perfect in a small room, and it is very easy to roll the tv around. The price is way to big at 3700DKK for 5 pieces of metal and 4 plastic wheels.

The 48" was on the wall bracket. Manual bracket, but with great possibility, and the finish and feel when moving the TV was great. Felt sturdy..

There was moments where I thought "did I press the button", and that was because of the smart tv platform, and overall SW speed. it could be much better. But it works, and I guess with the future SW updates over the next months, it might get better.

Overall the TV is better than expected, and I guess that if I just add my AppleTV and TV box, it would work for me, but is not going to happen because of the Android, and the fact that I can do the same with a new Samsung 55" for half the price. 

The Horizon has full WISA and surround module, that is not something the Samsung can, but I don't use it anyway.

The Beovision 14 was not on display yet, but I noticed right away a 40" Beovision 11 with the wooden front ;) So they actually make the new front for the BV11 range also.

/Weebyx

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,406 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 4:17 PM
Weebyx:

The Horizon has full WISA and surround module,

That's pretty significant.
Page 32 of 34 (499 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate