What Are You Working On Now

This post has 1,206 Replies | 17 Followers

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Fri, Oct 5 2018 4:56 PM

I just ordered two of these. Let's see if they will fit.

In the meantime I can desolder the old ones.

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 2:59 PM

Got the batteries yesterday and changed one today. I can confirm that they are excactly the same size B&O used 20 or more years ago. Only the manufacturer is different. Original = Renata, new = Varta

Now one of the two LC1 is working 100% again.

Will try the other later.

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
Posts 1,579
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Dec 14 2018 5:44 PM

Just received these in the post - sold as 'for parts or not working' on eBay.

The left one had lots of battery corrosion (leaking batteries included in the sale - strange when it adds to the weight hence the postage costs extra!), but I did a quick clean, stuck some fresh AAAs in and it partially functions.  The display is 'fully lit', so that clearly needs a fix; and neither the 'Yellow' nor 'Radio' buttons work - a strange mix of faults!  I've got lots of spare bits so I'm pretty confident that I'll get it up and running fully.

The right one is of course the elusive 'V.AUX' version - that's what attracted me to bid.  The good news is that it works perfectly (once I'd replaced the dead batteries).

So a little cleaning/repairing project for the weekend … Smile

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Fri, Dec 14 2018 7:45 PM

BeoIce:

Got the batteries yesterday and changed one today. I can confirm that they are excactly the same size B&O used 20 or more years ago. Only the manufacturer is different. Original = Renata, new = Varta

Now one of the two LC1 is working 100% again.

Will try the other later.

Forgot to say that the second LC1 is working 100% after battery change too.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
Posts 1,579
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:16 PM

Just fixed a Beo4 by fitting a new dome foil - good to have a nice positive feel to the buttons now!

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 658
Gold Member
lausvi replied on Sat, Sep 21 2019 1:09 PM

I was kinda able to repair my BeoTime alarm clock (which had gone silent)!

The service manual is on Beoworld's manuals section. You will need it, as disassembly is not trivial. It's also the worst part as tha parts are small, fiddly and even the manual's instructions are not always very clear on how you'll need to push/pull/slide things around.

Once I got the main assembly out from the case, the fault was clear: a very thin speaker cable that runs thrue the spring-loaded alarm on/off -thingy, had broken itself on the part where it flexes. The speaker is located at the end of the sliding part.

The original cable is only 1mm in diameter shielded wire. It goes from the Audio+ and Audio- points on the main PCB to the speaker at the end of the unit. The small surface-mount SW1 on the top of the PCB is for detecting if the alarm button is pressed in. It might do with a small spray of contact cleaner, while you are there.

I couldn't find a good replacement, so I just jammed a two-wire solution to the place of the old cable. It kinda fits (I'll get back to this later...), and I just wanted to try if this would work. This is the sliding part that goes inside a square tunnel, so the yellow wire should stay in place, even if it's not all the way held by the small clips at the center.

This is how the cable goes inside the unit. The bent is where the cable gets stressed everytime the alarm on/off button is slided. In the picture above the buttons is pressed in (ie. alarm off position).

End results; the alarm sound does work again! However, as the cable is just a bit too thick, the alarm on/off button does not slide as well as it should, it needs a bit of a pull to come out completely. Even with this little problem, I really like to have the BeoTime waking me up again Smile If I can find a better cable, I might get there again and try it again.

Regarding the disassembly; the manual states that one should pull off the "contact folio" (small flex-PCB with the buttons on the "joystick") and replace it. I don't really see why, as I was able to carefully pull it out without damage and fit it back. And the buttons still work just fine.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
Posts 1,579
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Sep 25 2019 2:07 PM

^ A great write up thanks Lausvi - I've bookmarked it for when mine goes wrong! Smile

Page 31 of 31 (1207 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL