rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Hassell posted on Mon, Mar 21 2016 11:29 PM

I understand you can link a Moment or Essence MkII (with latest update) to a BV11 or Avant and it will use the TV's connected speakers. However from what I can find, it wakes up the TV - does this mean that the screen comes on? I also read that the Essence Remote has to talk to the TV, not the Essence or Moment.

if this is the case doesn't that just make the Essence/Moment an expensive smart button for the TV? Or have I got it wrong? 

I ask as I will be getting a BL18 surround sound setup with a BV11 or Avant soon and would love to have a way of playing music from an Essence/Moment through the 4 sexy Speakers!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,730 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Mar 22 2016 1:14 AM

I am sure others with more knowledge and experience can give you a better answer....but I just bought an Essence and have connected it to my Beoplay V1. If the Essence is active as a source, I can press Join on the Beo 4 or use the BeoMusic app to start music through the V1 from the Essence. It plays through the attached speakers. The screen does come on and displays the name of the piece of music playing but then goes dark.  My Essence is located in a different part of the house than the V1 and there was a selection to be made in the V1 as to whether the Essence was in the same room as the TV or not in the same room. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,334 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Mar 22 2016 10:25 AM

Chris Hassell:

I understand you can link a Moment or Essence MkII (with latest update) to a BV11 or Avant and it will use the TV's connected speakers. However from what I can find, it wakes up the TV - does this mean that the screen comes on?

Correct. It displays source and e.g song title. It will then dim the screen, or stay on (configurable)

Chris Hassell:

I also read that the Essence Remote has to talk to the TV, not the Essence or Moment.

Thats my understanding too

Chris Hassell:

I ask as I will be getting a BL18 surround sound setup with a BV11 or Avant soon and would love to have a way of playing music from an Essence/Moment through the 4 sexy Speakers!

You will absolutely be able to do that. In the sound settings you are able to set up exactly which role each of the 4 speakers will have when you e.g listen to music. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you. I'm worried this is quite a slow user experience - am I wrong? Does it all come on pretty quickly?

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you. I'm worried this is quite a slow user experience - am I wrong? Does it all come on pretty quickly?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,730 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Mar 23 2016 12:13 PM

If I use the app to select a source on the Essence, then touch the V1 icon on the app to add it, the V1 turns on very quickly.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,334 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Mar 23 2016 1:45 PM

Chris Hassell:

In my setup (BV11 and Moment) the time it takes to fire up the BV11 and play music from the time I press e.g. Radio on my Beoremote One is fully acceptable.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member
It's quick enough

On the avant I have set up a speaker group so when I play from the A9 to the Avant it will not use the TV speakers but my BL18 which are at the rear of the room.
steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
705 Posts
Bronze Member

I am not overly excited that the screen turns on (even it dims) and preferred the earlier ML application, where I could play to the speakers of the BV (e.g., from the BS5) where the screen stayed blacked.

One question: any experience whether the "turn-on-screen" is a NL "issue" or a BV11/Avant issue? I am considering to add a ML/NL converter to my BV5. Can I play to the speakers of the BV5 over NL without turning on the screen? It used to work via ML (BS5), but curious whether it also works when using NL?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

I agree with you on the screen turning on. I know it's not THAT big a deal but it would be a lot more slick if the Moment could go 'through' the TV to the speakers without the TV visibly turning on. I heard today that Avant MKII is coming pretty soon. Fingers crossed this might sort it!

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Cool thanks - I join from my BV11 in a similar way but that's me in another room turning on the BV11 to listen to the music there. My enquiry is more about the setup where I have my upcoming Avant with 4xBL18s and I'd like the Moment to use those speakers as if they're connected directly to it. 

Sounding from others like this is possible, but the TV still has to turn on. Not the end of the world but not quite as slick as it could be I'd say. 

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Cool thanks - I join from my BV11 in a similar way but that's me in another room turning on the BV11 to listen to the music there. My enquiry is more about the setup where I have my upcoming Avant with 4xBL18s and I'd like the Moment to use those speakers as if they're connected directly to it. 

Sounding from others like this is possible, but the TV still has to turn on. Not the end of the world but not quite as slick as it could be I'd say. 

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
705 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks. any insights how the "screen on" is managed by the ml/nl converter when playing from the moment to an old ML BV? does the screen stay off and just plays to the speakers?
lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
200 Posts
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 10:30 AM
When you play sources that are from A-Master in the NL/ML converter on a ML TV, the screen will be off.
Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Mar 30 2016 8:14 AM

Excellent questions regarding the Moment and TV speakers. When I fire up the Moment from the BeoRome 1, I find it quite usefull that the screens comes on to show me what it will play - however, it stays black when changing songs on the Moment tablet. The Moment tablet fades in/out whenever a new track comes on.

The one thing I am not happy with is the fact that I only use the BL18's connected to the TV for music, not the internalt speakers of the Avant, and yet the speakers lower and extend every time I activate the Moment. I prefer the clean look of the TV with the speakers hidden when I listen to music. Hope they can sort this out in a future s/w update.

Roger

Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL