Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
440 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman posted on Tue, Mar 15 2016 9:36 PM

Hello All

Our first BeoSound 35 arrived at Wilmslow today. First impression is that it looks smaller than I imagined from seeing photos of it.

Operation is very simple. I love the display. I felt that the one touch operation of the A6, A9 was OK but having the display it enabled us to scroll through all of the multi room products and Deezer, Tune in  etc.

Sound quality is very good considering the price. If you want better sound, go for BeoLab 18 and an Essence.

All in all, I think it is a great product and will fit very well into the product range.

I look forward to hearing the consensus once people have the opportunity of seeing and listening to.

Opman

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,223 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Mar 15 2016 10:16 PM

Intriguing price point for the beosound 35. Give or take £50 it's the same as the A9. So the top of the beoplay range is the same price as the start of the bang and olufsen range. 

Very different beasts to look at..

I wonder which sounds best. 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,223 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Mar 15 2016 10:16 PM

duplicated.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Mar 16 2016 12:23 AM

"Considering the price"

Do you guys actually realise what an incredible sounding system you could get for a lot less than this? Crazy!

Mark-N
Top 200 Contributor
Maryland, USA
317 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Wed, Mar 16 2016 1:13 AM

Are you talking about a traditional stereo system?  If so yes, but there are just places I don't want a bunch of boxes and still have great sound! 

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
98 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey,

quick question: does it still have clock? In our setup (BL3500) the clock function is rather important.

thx

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,223 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Mar 16 2016 12:38 PM

Paul W:

"Considering the price"

Do you guys actually realise what an incredible sounding system you could get for a lot less than this? Crazy!

A Devialet phantom perhaps?  :)

sia
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
sia replied on Thu, May 26 2016 2:59 PM

I havn't seen or heard besound 35 yet and wonder how it could soundwise perform, when compared to a beolab 7-1 or 7-2 (if connected to a Beosound essence it would have same functionality as well). 7-1 and 7-2 I think might perfom better as they have a dedicated bass element. Has anyone possibility to do the comparison? 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,490 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, May 26 2016 4:03 PM

Duels:

Paul W:

"Considering the price"

A Devialet phantom perhaps?  :)

Big Smile

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
Frederic:

Hey,

quick question: does it still have clock? In our setup (BL3500) the clock function is rather important.

thx

Not yet, but my dealer told me that it is supposed to be in the next firmware update...
paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
sia:

I havn't seen or heard besound 35 yet and wonder how it could soundwise perform, when compared to a beolab 7-1 or 7-2 (if connected to a Beosound essence it would have same functionality as well). 7-1 and 7-2 I think might perfom better as they have a dedicated bass element. Has anyone possibility to do the comparison?

A few years ago I occasionally listened to a beoplay 7-1. I would say that soundwise it is comparable to the Beosound 35, although the bl35 has a more omnidirectional sound, while the 7-1 is more directional, and also, more suitable as a center speaker for home video purposes. What I remember about the 7-1 is that it was incredibly powerful, although the bl35 is more than enough for me in my bedroom Big Smile

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,444 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul W:

"Considering the price"

What if the beautiful alloy extrusion is the form you want your audio to take? You can buy a Panasonic tv with piano black finish for the price of a B&O remote....

i was at the Clerkenwell Design Week and can confirm it's not difficult to spend that amount on a similarly sized piece of furniture which is completely lacking in technology. A Tom Dixon light fitting the size of a B&O sub is £800 and an Aeron chair is a similar price to a Beosound 35. I don't understand your point on this basis?

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,343 Posts
Bronze Member

Exactly Simon, i think this is also a very expensive product to produce

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Jun 15 2016 12:50 PM
I had a go at the BS 35 yesterday and was very desappointed to say the least.

Desappointed by the finish of the unit.

The plastic screen/sensitive control looked rubbish, just like the front speaker part with a big gap between the fret and the alu part.

Once you see this gap, you look at nothing else.

Overall though, I liked the size and look of the product.

I also liked the B&Oish sound, warm and clear. That's the most important maybe.

Be carefull about the assembly B&O, it should shout "premium product" at first sigth and it doesn't.
L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
236 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Wed, Jun 15 2016 1:03 PM

Picture? If it does not look like official photo's you should bring it back to the dealer? 

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL