Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
312 Posts
Bronze Member
Chaka posted on Sat, Mar 5 2016 9:38 PM

Hello.

Can I please ask what peoples experiences are with these different combinations.

I actually think the 3's/2 sound better.  Moving, have only room for one set.  (More stress.)

I'll be quite blunt, I think the 3's are a little overrated, but when hooked up to a sub, it really does really open the midrange.  I was quite surprised, and they look sexy with the lab 2.

The 9's have incredible grunt, I like to play music loud (FUNK LOL), but they're no louder than the 3/2 combination.

Thoughts?

Danke.

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,672 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Chaka

Apparently with the 3s they also benefit from being in a bookshelf, bookcase where they use the passive resonance of bouncing back from the books to make them sound amazing

I haven't used my 3s as Front Left and Front Right with the 19 as a music source,  just the 3s as rear channels before changing over to the 18s.  A lot of people sing the praises of the 3s but as i have had them as rears i thought they were so so - maybe it was my settings and also that there isn't much happening at the rear (in terms of sound). 

A friend here in my home town says that perhaps i should use my 3s with an 11 (i don't have an 11) as a stand alone music system and i would just love them.  So perhaps he's right .  And if he is, then the 3s with the 2 would be the same / better.

I have often thought that the 3s with a 2, is just the same as 2 9s.

It's like for me, in my (feeble) mind, that 2 9s with a 2 or a 19, is exactly the same as 2 5s.

So in answer to your title, I think they are the same sonically.  To me, 2 3s with a 2 is the same as 2 9s :-) 

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
312 Posts
Bronze Member
Chaka replied on Sun, Mar 6 2016 11:37 AM

Wolf Woof.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL