rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
999 Posts
Bronze Member
seethroughyou posted on Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:26 PM

Has anyone lucky enough bought a pair of these or had a chance to have an extended audition over a few weeks?

Does anyone know how this new and wondrous flagship speaker is selling?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

All Replies

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member

Haven't heard it , but it is selling. . .

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,770 Posts
Bronze Member

mjmedlo:

Haven't heard it , but it is selling. . .

How do you know it is selling? 

I had a short listen. Amazing speaker, but the price is equally amazing. 70K euro. 

Too long to list.... 

philippe
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

It is indeed selling very well!

My dealer to his own surprise showed me the (intranet) communication of B&O on it = 200 pairs sold up to now in Europe (I believe Switzerland leads the sales).

200 pairs of BL90, I let you do the maths ^^

Philippe

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
995 Posts
Bronze Member

philippe:

It is indeed selling very well!

My dealer to his own surprise showed me the (intranet) communication of B&O on it = 200 pairs sold up to now in Europe (I believe Switzerland leads the sales).

200 pairs of BL90, I let you do the maths ^^

Philippe

Phillipe

Are they the 200 "Demo pairs" to dealers?

I hear in the UK  at least 1 pair has been sold to an end user. Would love to see the verified figures.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
376 Posts
Bronze Member

I've heard 3 sets are confirmed sales in Australia, one paid in full already with a December arrival

Mindphaser
Top 500 Contributor
100 Posts
Bronze Member

W O W !

These new makes me really happy and confident about B & O future !

200 pairs are an impressive result nonethless

philippe
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

No, not demo pairs, as they are not supposed to be sold to customers (but only serve as demo purpose) at least at this early stage.

The article meant "200 pairs ordered by customers".

A bit off topic : I don't know if it's still the case, but dealers only used to pay their stock to B&O only when it was actually sold to customers (so I don't know if it applies to demo items too, in that case it'd mean dealers don't pay for demo BL90s until they sell them as 'demo'/discounted price).

Philippe

BillC
Top 500 Contributor
121 Posts
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Wed, Feb 24 2016 9:02 AM

3 in Australia! Amazing, im sure there's many good homes they'd be welcome in.

the dealer in Sydney said Singapore took 6 deposits and orders prior to launch and apparently the clients flew over

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
995 Posts
Bronze Member

philippe:

No, not demo pairs, as they are not supposed to be sold to customers (but only serve as demo purpose) at least at this early stage.

The article meant "200 pairs ordered by customers".

Philippe always love your posts, but having read aricles over the years claiming TM said B&O would triple sales in 5 years and the opening of 200 retail outlets in Korea, I always now take theese things with a pinch of salt. Although it would be nice if they were true.

philippe:

A bit off topic : I don't know if it's still the case, but dealers only used to pay their stock to B&O only when it was actually sold to customers (so I don't know if it applies to demo items too, in that case it'd mean dealers don't pay for demo BL90s until they sell them as 'demo'/discounted price).

This is not quite  the case. Dealers tell me that when paying for showroom items they have a fixed term of extended credit, then they pay for the item whether it was sold or not.

One of my pals still has one of the original BeoSound 5 Encore units boxed stiil in stock! Surprise

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,770 Posts
Bronze Member

If they've sold 200 pairs, (Which I doubt without official data from B&O) it is selling well. 

Can't wait to see what these will be priced at on the used market a few years from now. 

It's an amazing speaker no doubt. 

Too long to list.... 

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,770 Posts
Bronze Member

If they've sold 200 pairs, (Which I doubt without official data from B&O) it is selling well. 

Can't wait to see what these will be priced at on the used market a few years from now. 

It's an amazing speaker no doubt. 

Too long to list.... 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,758 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Thu, Feb 25 2016 12:16 PM

bayerische:

200 pairs means about 1 per country in the world.

This doesn't seem unrealistic...

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,770 Posts
Bronze Member

CB:

bayerische:

200 pairs means about 1 per country in the world.

This doesn't seem unrealistic...

Sure, but that statistic don't mean much. 

Too long to list.... 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL