rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 2 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2016 4:49 PM

First up, I must apologise to Gavin here as he sent me two of these over a fortnight ago and I promised to post my thoughts in a timely fashion.  However, time is a commodity I'm very short of lately - but hopefully things will quieten down enough for me to actually be active on here a little more!!

So, here I am - better late than never, with my 'mini review' of the new BeoRemote One Wall Holder.

I wouldn't normally do a review of a static piece of plastic, but looking at what the Beo4 Wall Holders sell for on eBay and the interest they create - plus the fact I've just taken home a BeoRemote One for my BV12 (it took some soul-searching to ditch the Beo4 I can tell you...) I thought it may be interesting.. to those with BeoRemote One's anyway!

Here we go..

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

The holder has two magnets behind it.  The bottom one being the largest - which uses the batteries in the remote to create a strong enough force to hold it safely and securely.  I was a little underwhelmed with the holder when I broke out my "box fresh" BeoRemote One and held it to the holder.. and nothing happened.  However, after adding the batteries it thunked into place, and stayed there.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

The top magnet will hold no purpose at the moment, but a future generation of BeoRemote One will have a small piece of metal in the top - which this magnet will use for extra-strength grip.  I would imagine you'd then have to hang off your remote like an ape to budge it, which is no bad thing : we all need a bit of exercise.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

Size wise, it's slightly shorter than the BeoRemote one.  It's made of plastic, so doesn't weight much - and quality is as you'd expect from STB. It comes with a little circular rubber cover for when the single screw is in place. Not sure why only one screw hole though - two is probably over-egging it as the BeoRemote One is feather light, but I just can't help thinking two are better than one..

Anyway, here is a comparison. I've stuck a standard sized credit card next to them to give an idea of scale.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

Once mounted the BR1 (I'm tiring of typing it in full now!) obscures the holder. From the front it looks like the BR1 is floating.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

Better view from the side to show the angle it sits at :

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder

And finally, the arty-shot.  In my kitchen below my favourite clock Wink

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Feb 9 2016 8:46 PM

So, there you go.  I don't think share prices in STB Brackets will climb on sales of remote control holders - but as mentioned I think the BR1 is a very pretty remote, and this is a very neat solution.  We at BeoWorld like neat solutions!

If you want to buy one, the link is HERE 

Gavin has offered a FREE one to a BeoWorld Member to review and keep. Just reply to this thread saying you'd like it and he'll pick someone at random. All it'll cost you is a picture on this thread once you have it and it's in place (that's my ask, not his).  We all love pics on here - that's the rools.. !!

Lee

Smile

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,643
Founder

Yeah I like it and will test and make some great shots:-)

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,586
Gold Member

I'd like it and have the perfect spot for it - and happy to provide a review. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,718
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 7:56 AM

Same here!

Glad if I would get one.

Will promote it widely!

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
Posts 2,242
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 9:55 AM

I'd love one, but can you send me a BR1 to go with it? Smile

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member

Gentlemen, this new bracket is for me.

I've been waitng for it for ages and thanks for STBrackets to make it happen.

It will replace that one...

Michael
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 65
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 7:22 PM

Very nice, I just bought a black one Cool

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 8:39 PM

Not a physicist here, but should one be concerned about the fact that the large magnet is using the remote's batteries as the attraction point per the description in this thread?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,586
Gold Member

Hi Sal

I thought the same thing but i think it should be ok, it's using the batteries metal as opposed to their charge.

:-)

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,405
Bronze Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Feb 13 2016 8:42 AM

Sal:

Not a physicist here, but should one be concerned about the fact that the large magnet is using the remote's batteries as the attraction point per the description in this thread?

Same as the Beotime flute.

Makes you wonder how many devices you could hold to the wall just using a very powerful magnet. Even the BeoRemote could be held by a 50p magnet as long as you had some sort of stop or ledge to prevent it sliding down the wall.

Graham

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,561
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Feb 13 2016 4:01 PM

I wouldn't worry about the magnets, they should work for years.

You can even stick your car to a wall if you use the right magnet (e.g. with a magnetic resonance tomography machine) :-)

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,586
Gold Member

vikinger:

Sal:

Same as the Beotime flute.

Makes you wonder how many devices you could hold to the wall just using a very powerful magnet. Even the BeoRemote could be held by a 50p magnet as long as you had some sort of stop or ledge to prevent it sliding down the wall.

Graham

That's true, I tested that last night with the BeoTime. :-) 

TEL
Not Ranked
Taunton, Somerset UK
Posts 48
Founder
TEL replied on Mon, Feb 15 2016 11:11 AM

Lee

Like the clock...where did you get and is it still available?

TEL

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Feb 15 2016 11:19 AM

Arne Jacobsen.  I bought mine in Copenhagen Airport last December as a little Christmas present to myself..

LINK 

Smile

TEL
Not Ranked
Taunton, Somerset UK
Posts 48
Founder
TEL replied on Mon, Feb 15 2016 12:58 PM

Many thanks LEE, I'll start saving up and let you know when I get one. Wink

TEL

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Feb 15 2016 2:17 PM

TEL:

Many thanks LEE, I'll start saving up and let you know when I get one. Wink

I have to admit, my eyes welled up as I handed over my credit card...  Laughing

Lee

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,586
Gold Member

Hi 

Has a winner been chosen? :-) 

Aegnor
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
Aegnor replied on Wed, Feb 17 2016 4:31 PM

Indeed, if the winner has not been chosen yet, I would like to participate!

Gavin Sykes - STBbrackets
Not Ranked
Lincoln England
Posts 12
Gold Member

Hi Aegnor - you are 'in the hat'

I will be picking the winner(s) first thing tomorrow and I'll inform Lee - which is how this usually works.

So its not too late - Just as a possible point of interest, my plan was to give a free BeoRemote One wall bracket to the 34th person who said that they wanted one. Nothing more complex than that. I obviously overestimated demand for free stuff :-)

I will be basing my 'winners' on an alternative precept now.

There is Video on the bracket here:            http://www.stbbrackets.co.uk/en-GB/product/BeoRemote-One/BeoRemote-One-Wall-Bracket 

Best of Luck :-)

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,155
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Feb 22 2016 12:48 PM

As mentioned above, winner has become plural. One has become two : thanks Gavin!

The winners are :

mr_anders_son

BeoGreg

If you two guys can drop me an email I'll give you Gavin's contact details and he can get a wall holder sent out to each of you.

Lee

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Mon, Feb 22 2016 3:47 PM

Wow unbelievable ! Thanks so much Lee and Gavin !! No more excuse now to get a BR1.

I got my first beo4 in 1996 with the beovision MX and never used an other remote since. Twenty years.

Hope my wife and I won't have to many headaches...

Again thanks so much for Beoworld and STB maker of the two brackets on the back of my BV11.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,643
Founder

Wow thats nice!! Thanx.

I will make some good pictures with my rose golden Beoremote:-)

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member

Here it is already. The Holder.

Very nice and well made. I have to install it with double sided tape on an iron structure (like my actual one for Beo4) and hope it's possible because the inside of the holder is hollow.

Thanks to STBBrakets and Beoworld.

Got it with two mouse pads "made in uk".

Now the dilemna, should I wait untill the new tv comes out (the excuse to get a BeoRemote One) or should I go to my dealer and get a Beoremote One for my BV11 ?

I'm shaking at the idea of changing my Beo4 but have no excuses now !

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member

The Holder.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member

The cavity, not easy for double sided tape.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Feb 24 2016 3:16 PM

BeoGreg:

The cavity, not easy for double sided tape.

Can you carefully cut double sided tape and place it around the edges of the holder? Or, if you're not intending to move it, use rubber cement or something *ahem* slightly less removable to affix it to the iron structure? Or even affix another magnet in the cavity to attract it to the iron structure you're intending to place it on -- especially on the top end of the holder where the cavity is at its shallowest.

I only wish I had a wall in a convenient enough place in my living room to have a remote holder of any kind. Unfortunately, one has to walk past the sofa, or moderately out of the way to get at a place where a holder would even make sense. Alas, sofa end table it is.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Feb 24 2016 4:12 PM

I will try a mix of thin and thick double sided foam tape.

It should do the trick.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member

Houston, I have a problem with the holder.

As I said, it needs to sit on an iron part of my wall, but I had a problem last night.

The magnets are not glued strong enough to the plastic part so they stick directly to the (iron) wall leaving the plastic holder on the floor !

I think that the magnets should be in a closed plastic compartment (with tiny screws for example) so that they don't go away attracted with iron or whatever.

Some of us may want a STBBrackets BeoRemote One holder to fix with double sided tape on a steel furniture or a Pole dance bar (why not !).

Before the next tv arrives with a fresh Beoremote One, I need to figure out how to glue the magnets much stronger than they are without loosing strengh for the remote to hold on.

Before.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,415
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,586
Gold Member

Congrats to the winners 

I really had a great spot to use it with my BeoRemote One :-( 

Looks like I will buy one anyway - always great service with all the other products I have purchased from STB Brackets.

I was happy to be the winner of the competition that time for my idea about the upright stand for the V1, i do have many other ideas that I will send through. 

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,643
Founder

Here some fast picture of the holder!

Thanx to Gavin at STB and Lee!

I really like it...Nice!!

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,643
Founder

one more...

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,643
Founder

another shot..

Page 1 of 2 (48 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL