Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 63 Replies | 2 Followers

Steve
Not Ranked
Cape Town
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Steve posted on Thu, Jan 21 2016 5:24 AM

Hi everyone

I have a Beogram 4004 - she's beautiful but old, and has a few small problems. im struggling to solve one of the issues:

The tone arm does not lift fast enough when either moving the tone arm using > and < buttons or when ending play. It means that the needle is dragged across the record for a second as the tone arm moves and lifts at the same time. I've lubricated all the parts around and below the tone arm mechanism (at first the tone arm wouldn't always drop either - this problem seems to have disappeared).

any thoughts or suggestions?

Steve 

All Replies

Steve
Not Ranked
Cape Town
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Steve replied on Sat, Jan 30 2016 2:02 PM

Problem solved. Found the problem - thank you!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,398 Posts
Bronze Member

What was the problem ?

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Steve
Not Ranked
Cape Town
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Steve replied on Sat, Jan 30 2016 8:06 PM

More damper woes affecting tonearm. I've managed to find a damper which is fantastic! Cannot wait to have her working again. She's all cleaned up, and all other elements are working. I've had to remove the two DIN pins though.. Beocenter trying to control Beogram using Datalink was odd: the keys on Beocenter - left and right - weren't controlling the system correctly.. And it was just behaving a little strange (suddenly the tonearm up/down key wouldn't function. Began functioning again when unplugged). Are there incompatibilities between Datalink on these two systems?

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
364 Posts
Bronze Member

Steve:

the keys on Beocenter - left and right - weren't controlling the system correctly.. And it was just behaving a little strange (suddenly the tonearm up/down key wouldn't function. Began functioning again when unplugged). Are there incompatibilities between Datalink on these two systems?

Yes, these first decks with remote control are not compatible with the Datalink, which age began a few years later. The 4004 is made to be controlled via Beomaster 2400-2, which has ultrasonic remote.

Chris

Page 5 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL