rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

SiloDweller
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
SiloDweller posted on Wed, Jan 20 2016 8:39 AM

Hi there,

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I was given a pair of 5700s and unfortunately the tweeter on the one is not very well.  I am looking for a suitable replacement but technically I am no wonder kid.  What sort of tweeter nowadays would anyone here recommend using?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance!

All Replies

ipaul
Top 200 Contributor
410 Posts
Founder
ipaul replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:26 AM

Hi, i don't know if you found the answer by now, but...the tweeter is a Celestion one and i heard from a local vintage speaker expert that the 5700's are wanted largely because of this tweeter: hard to find (as they were used in some high end speakers) and thus pricey.

However: i had one not working on my 5700's and it was quite easy to fix (resoldering the wire to the voice coil).

So: depending on what is wrong with it, it may very well be worthwhile to fix it or to get it fixed ('not very well' in your case means ?).

Either way: broken or not: never throw these tweeters away i would say..:)

Teddy_fr
Not Ranked
near ANGOULEME FRANCE
31 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello all,

If you are still looking for a Beovox 5700 tweeter, there is an original one at this link :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/1030148117.htm?ca=12_s

Not cheap but not very often seen. Wink

Marc

Teddy_fr
Not Ranked
near ANGOULEME FRANCE
31 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,611 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:15 PM

Interesting name, SiloDweller...grain or missile? Big Smile

Over here I've seen numerous articles on people who have converted old ICBM silos to homes, pretty secure from the zombie apocalypse!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
587 Posts
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:29 PM

Does anyone have experience with the product below? 

https://nino-music.pswebshop.com/en/home/169-replacement-diaphragm-tweeter-celestion-hf2000-beovox-5700-gale401-imft-ls80.html

They also have diaphragms for BeoVox M100. I have a M100 with a supertweeter that doesn't seem to be performing 100 % as intended, so if these reproductions are of a quality identical to the original ones, that would be fantastic.

/Dennis 

ipaul
Top 200 Contributor
410 Posts
Founder
ipaul replied on Sun, Nov 13 2016 9:15 AM

Interesting...but i am always very suspicious about these remakes.

what i miss on the site is any technical info (test or measurement results, specs) to show it is actually identical.

In general: once you order enough of whatever you want reproduced in the Far East, they make it for you, but never the same, it looks the same...:), google on the fake B&O A8 earplugs...

i am sure if you bring your HF2000 to Chinatown Bangkok they can fix it for you (and glue in a replace,ent coil with the correct diameter),

i have done so with Beolit speakers, ending up sometimes with a 4 ohm or a 8 ohm version :)

not saying that this is such a product, but that is why i am always suspicious.

i guess someone with a broken HF2000 can test and compare...

but ok: there is lots of repro electronic parts around these days but it is better than nothing.

Hope we can read some test results here one day :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL