Original price back in part exchange?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Hubbe
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
Hubbe posted on Mon, Jan 18 2016 11:19 PM

Got an offer to part exchange my V1 40´ against a new Avant 55´. Just pay the difference between what I payed for my V1 three years ago and the new Avant 55´. Since I am quite happy with my V1 I might just let the deal fall. At the moment B&O have no tv in the V1 original price range. I guess the dealer have a buyer for the V1 and he gets to sell a new Avant 55´. Even if he sells the V1 with "loss". I guess the total deal is quite good even for him.

I need to think about what I want to do. Is there anyone here who has changed from the V1/BV10/BV11 to the Avant? What are your thoughts?

All Replies

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,448 Posts
Bronze Member

There was a loyalty voucher offer recently which was equivalent to the depreciation on your V1. They may have a buyer for your TV too. My dealer said there are more enquiries for 32" sets.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Hubbe
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
Hubbe replied on Tue, Jan 19 2016 7:29 PM

Is it B&O or the dealers that has made the deal to cover the depreciation so that they may sell more newer more expensive Beovisions? Smart move I guess either way.

As I understand it many customers are asking for a smaller tv to put in the bedroom or kitchen. The V1 32" cover that nicely. The dealer also said that he misses a tv in the V1´s price range. A lot of customers are not ready pay the new price of an BV11 or Avant. 

Hubbe
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
Hubbe replied on Tue, Jan 19 2016 7:29 PM

Is it B&O or the dealers that has made the deal to cover the depreciation so that they may sell more newer more expensive Beovisions? Smart move I guess either way.

As I understand it many customers are asking for a smaller tv to put in the bedroom or kitchen. The V1 32" cover that nicely. The dealer also said that he misses a tv in the V1´s price range. A lot of customers are not ready pay the new price of an BV11 or Avant. 

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,448 Posts
Bronze Member

Hubbe:

Customers are also not ready if they fear the tv is half way through its lifecycle on the market? In reality it's a fantastic TV for a few years yet. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Jan 19 2016 8:44 PM

I'm a 3x TV set household and due to the age of my home and design I really struggle with anything over 32" as it becomes over powering so I champion this size and wish B&O would bring this size back to their line-up.

Are we seeing a trend for customers to own a 2nd or 3rd 55" for the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom etc or are new owners just 1 set households because I struggle to understand.

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,359 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't think you need to struggle to understand it.

it is very individual.

If people have big rooms (some have), they tend to put big (as big as it gets) tv's in the rooms.

Personally a 55" tv would be the biggest I could have in our livingroom.

I am happy with our V1-32 in the library/guestroom.

Bath, dining-/livingroom-area and kitchen have none - except for occasionally the A3/iPad as a tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jan 19 2016 10:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years 32" TVs make a real come back as people turn away from these huge vulgar monsters. It's fashion, it goes around in circles. Even phones are starting to offer smaller screen sizes again. I totally agree with Mark 32" is an OK size. 

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:21 PM
Paul W 
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,429 Posts 
Bronze Member

I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years 32" TVs make a real come back as people turn away from these huge vulgar monsters. It's fashion, it goes around in circles. Even phones are starting to offer smaller screen sizes again. I totally agree with Mark 32" is an OK size.

You should have stuck in at school Paul! Then you could have  been in a position, were a 55" TV in your property looks like a 22".I like movies so I buy a large TV, I like big 4x4 so I buy them.

Tvs will not get smaller, so that's you out of the market then.Infact why do you comment on beovisions when you have only had one 22" ancient bv6 and you have only experienced them in a quick shop viewing?Most of us on here own them, probably several so know what we are talking about, all you moan about is their price or size.

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Jan 20 2016 12:17 PM

not sure that answer is in the spirit of this forum as we all champion the brand.

personally I have worked incredibly hard to get where I am, even funded myself through college for 6 years. my house is located in central London at an eye watering cost, I bought it as I enjoy the 1920's architectural design, although I have fully modernised it I have also tried to maintain it's period charm and character and thus would struggle incorporating a >55" set with our decor and furniture as it would upset the balance.

one of my neighbours owns an VW UP and another owns a Land Rover Defender 110 with full snorkel equipment and apart from my own car I also use a ZipCar and catch the bus...

what I'm getting at is we all have different tastes, needs and requirements which need to be catered.... or else life would be boring

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,313 Posts
Gold Member

@butch1, I have a pro tip: when replying to somebody's post, click on "quote" in the compose window instead of copypasting old stuff. That will make it easier for you, and everybody else will have a better chance of knowing who wrote what...

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL