Beolab 8000 signal sense circuitry fail

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

OFFICERTOM
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
OFFICERTOM posted on Fri, Dec 18 2015 8:40 PM

I have had a pair of Beolab 8000 last 15 years working perfectly but suddenly one of them it has stopped working.

The red led is ON all the time.

When I turn on the music, the right  Beolab 8000 gets ON, led on green, and sounds but the left one remains OFF with the led on red. 

I have interchanged the wires between the speakers to check if it was a problem of the Beovision 5 powerlink output, but the right speaker works perfectly on both Beovision 5 powerlink outputs.

I have connected my iPhone to the LINE input on the broken left speaker (and turn the switch to LINE) and the speaker led remains red nevertheless it turns green and plays the iPhone music on the right speaker when connected to the LINE input.

Can it be a problem in the signal sense circuitry of the speaker? If so, is there a fuse or I must take the speaker to my dealer?

Please help

All Replies

bigbruggsy
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Officertom, did you ever get this fixed? I have the same issue with my beolab 8000's.

Beolab 8000 x 4

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound 3200 x 2

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
505 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Thu, May 9 2019 11:51 PM

It’s more than likely to do with the foam turning into sludge. The effect of this is that the edges of the circuit boards can corrode and paths are broken.

i fixed mine by opening the beolab, clearing out all the crud, then just looking closely at the circuit board edges (and using a meter) to look for broken links. Shouldn’t take long...

bigbruggsy
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Frog, I've looked inside and even though mine are mk1's they have nice white foam inside. Maybe changed previously? But it was all clean inside. I might check the circuit boards closer as previously I didn't notice any corrosion. I thought the issue might be the "switching" on in powerlink mode, as it works in "line in" mode. And the issue is not from the source as I've swapped speakers and the issue stays with the one speaker.

Beolab 8000 x 4

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound 3200 x 2

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,555 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, May 10 2019 11:35 AM

With what number starts your serielnumber?

I’ve seen several BL8000’s where they attemped to clean and placed new foam. But the cleaning wasn’t done properly with the same result. 

bigbruggsy
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beobuddy the serial numbers are 16811333 and 17693279 ( I have 2 pairs, with 3 of the 4 speakers having this issue)

Beolab 8000 x 4

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound 3200 x 2

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Tue, Aug 13 2019 10:35 AM

Did you manage to figure out what was causing the issue?

Beoplay A2
Beoplay Earset
Beoplay H6 (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 (pair)
Beovox CX50 (2 pairs)

Beovox RL 6000

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL