Beovox RL 60.2

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

blondecharliefc
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
blondecharliefc posted on Tue, Dec 8 2015 9:33 PM

I want to connect my ipod via bluetooth, and my pc, whilst playing music through my pair of speakers. what amplifier do i need and with what cables? thanks!!

All Replies

runekock
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
I don't think you can get good quality audio from your iPod with Bluetooth. Normal Bluetooth has lousy quality, and only if both sender and receiver supports aptX does the sound get reasonable. And Apple doesn't appear to do that. How about using Wi-Fi instead?
blondecharliefc
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Or just a jack plug for my iPod, I just want to play party volume music, presumably going : iPod - amp - speaker??

runekock
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
Yes, a cable is the easiest way. I don't have these loudspeakers myself, but from what I read, you can use any amplifier you want. If you are going to play loud, it's a good idea to get an amp that is more powerful than the speakers. Because if the amp is overloaded, it starts clipping, and that will probably destroy the speakers.
blondecharliefc
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

ok great! what sort of cables and amp would i nee, do you have an example/links to them? :) thanks

runekock
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
If you want a cheap solution, you can find a lot of great, used amps going very cheaply. Just look around. If you want to start a B&O collection, something like a used beomaster 3500 or 4500 would match the speakers.
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
917 Posts
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Dec 10 2015 7:32 AM

I used to use them in my younger years for parties with a Harmon Kardon amp and they were excellent with Dance/Electro music - it was an HK6150 I think, probably you could get one second hand on eBay if you chose not to go the B&O receiver route, but there are plenty of others out there. You will need speaker cable and if using a B&O amp DIN speaker plugs on the end - most likely you would need Din to Jack as well with B&O - but well worth the effort.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL