rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
184 Posts
Gold Member

Hi to all

Came across this blast from the past in very good cosmetic condition, the tv was working very well but now when I switch on the sound fades to nothing after 10 seconds of more and at the same time the picture loses some of it colour, if switched off and back on again all is ok for a bit until symptoms repeat again.

The beocord 8802 also was working well but now when switched on it starts winding on its own and then switches itself off.

Would appreciate any help as when working they are a great combo.

Marc

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Dec 8 2015 7:06 PM

Contact Tim Jarman through Beocentral and see if he will help. He likes this era of equipment and the models you have are some of the best. I do have an 8802 I believe - if you cannot get yours working, I would give it up!

Peter

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
184 Posts
Gold Member
marc replied on Tue, Dec 8 2015 8:57 PM

Peter

thanks for info, i have already done as you say earlier just waiting on reply, just to try and cover all ground i posted here as well.

Got to say picture on tv for its age is equal if not better than my beocenter 1 and as for the beocord 8802 when working correctly is as good as any of the beocord vcr made, search functions are second to none.

marc 

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
764 Posts
Gold Member

Lovely old tellies,these!

They are very reliable,but of course at this age,your's is probably suffering some dried out caps,and also poor soldering.

The weight of components like transformers and wotnot,put a strain on their soldered connections,which eventually become intermittent.

A "scientific" test would be to (respectfully!)tap the tv cabinet when the fault occurs,to see if this has any effect.If the fault clears,you know it's poor soldering somewhere,and well worth investigating further

As you say,if the picture produced is still good,the set is worth saving,but you will need some help from someone with experience of these.

There isn't a "quick fix" that I could suggest,but from your description,the problem doesn't seem too major.

I have technical info,if you can find a local "old un" Engineer with B&O telly experience to have a look for you?

As to the video recorder,these were remodelled Philips machines,and very good too.The Philips video recording system was argueably the best of the three available at the  time,but of course ,overshadowed by the enormous success of VHS,argueably the worst of the three?

Again,expert knowledge of these machines is needed,and sadly rare nowaday's.

Good luck with it all.

Regards,

Nick

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
184 Posts
Gold Member
marc replied on Wed, Dec 9 2015 5:59 PM

Hi Nick

thanks for your reply, i hope its nothing major but if in the end  it tuns out to be a lost cause i will try to remove tv from cabinet and maybe put a lcd tv in its place, only because for its age and bulk the cabinet is in fab condition.

marc

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL