Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beolab Penta Mk1 Mk2 Mk3. Why do you love them so much? Please share! Tell your story.

This post has 48 Replies | 4 Followers

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Bronze Member

@PeterPan:

so you changed the chassis to visaton?

Did you change the crossover, too? I don't know much about crossovers, but as far as I know, you have to modificate the crossover?

The visaton chassis should have a better quality, is the sound different from the ITT chassis?

@ Steve:

Do you still have the redline speakers? Did you compare the rl 140 with the Pentas?

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 958
Bronze Member

@ Stereomensch

My speakers are from the start BeoVox Penta.

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Bronze Member

Has anyone of you ever tried the modifications of our member "die Bogener"?

I think he changed the crossover a bit?

hfinette
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Silver Member
hfinette replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 6:44 PM

Der Umbau ist der Hammer...

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 91
Bronze Member

Hi BeoWorlders,

I'm glad to see this thread, I'm the happy owner of a pair of BeoVox Pentas that I bought 6 years ago, paired with a Rotel IcePower amplifier until .. 2 days ago. The Rotel RB1510 was a 2x60 W power amp and was already delivering - I thought -  beautiful sound to the Pentas. 

And then 2 days ago, a hi-fi dealer came to my place to make me try 2 other amps, a NAD2700 rated at 150 W and THX certified, and another esoteric amplifier from Vatiros (made in Thailand, huge mono blocks rated at 120 W).

After trying the Nad, then the Vatiros, I paid him for the Vatiros mono blocks and am rediscovering all my albums ! The dealer was with me when I played my test playlist and was looking for a sub all around the place.. I told him "there's no sub, just a DSP with room correction", much like what BeoLab 5 does.

My Pentas were renovated inside and outside: of course the midrange drivers were reconed, all drivers were silver-soldered to the internal wires, all filters were upgraded with new and better capacitors, and the black frets were replaced as well.

I'm using a DSPEAKER Anti-Mode DSP/room correction DAC that makes the Pentas go down to 35 Hz at -3 dB, and also removed their typical 100 Hz "bump".

The stellar prices on the new BeoLab speakers makes me want to keep them for as long as possible, not to mention the fact that they seem to have been designed to fit my windows..!

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Thu, Jul 12 2018 4:35 PM

Would love to hear more about your DAC setup!

Beoplay A2 Black
Beoplay H6 Black (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 Black (x2)
Beovox CX50 White (with Beocreate 4CA)
Beovox CX50 Aluminium/Black

Howzit
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Howzit replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 9:22 AM
I second that, would love to hear more about the DSP and DAC setup!

Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, S75, S45.2 | Beolab 9 | Beoplay A9

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 10,577
Bronze Member

Howzit:
I second that, would love to hear more about the DSP and DAC setup!

You can read more about the DSPeaker here:

http://www.dspeaker.com/

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/dspeaker-anti-mode-20-dualcore-digital-signal-processor/

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Bronze Member

I want to repair my new old pentas.

Audiofriends from the netherlands sells sicken made of foam and of gummi (rubber)?

Which one should I take? Is there any difference between them?

Gummi (Rubber):

https://www.repairyourspeakers.com/index.php?item=bang--amp--olufsen-beovox-beolab-penta---reparaturset-gummi&action=article&group_id=10000016&aid=410&lang=de

Foam: (Schaumstoff)

https://www.repairyourspeakers.com/index.php?item=b-o-bang--amp--olufsen-penta---reparaturset-schaumstoff-sicken&action=article&group_id=10000016&aid=2184&lang=de

Page 2 of 2 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL