Beolink Video Type 1615

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member
david707 posted on Wed, Dec 2 2015 12:17 PM

Can the Beolink Video 1615 be used as an alternative to the 1611 converter? I have an Avant 32DVD not quite compatible with the MCL2AV using a 1611 converter. (it will not switch the audio master over to 'aux' for stereo sound on video sources so I am stuck with RF sound).  The best way  would be to connect the Avant to the video master (BV8-40) using ML but this would not be easy. Can the Beolink Video work as a converter for MCL> ML or only the other way round? 

Advice appreciated

David

All Replies

Fod
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Silver Member
Fod replied on Sat, Feb 6 2016 5:26 PM

David,

Did you ever find out? I've tried to post a similar question today...

-- 

Jakob

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,862 Posts
Founder

david707:

Can the Beolink Video 1615 be used as an alternative to the 1611 converter? I have an Avant 32DVD not quite compatible with the MCL2AV using a 1611 converter. (it will not switch the audio master over to 'aux' for stereo sound on video sources so I am stuck with RF sound).  The best way  would be to connect the Avant to the video master (BV8-40) using ML but this would not be easy. Can the Beolink Video work as a converter for MCL> ML or only the other way round? 

Advice appreciated

David

As said some time ago in another thread Beolink Video (1615) was built to connect an MCL Beovision (LX, MX..) as a link-BV to a ML setup.

So it`s a quite different product, but in your setup it may work, although usually you connect the ML side to the mainroom and the AAL side to your link TV. In your case it´s just the opposite.

Sorry, that I didn`t reply to your latest post, but I`m getting out of ideas here, because some of the functionality (or non-functionality) in your setup is quite confusing and indicates that a few things are really working wrong...

But if you can get a BL video, try it in your setup instead of the BL converter.

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member

I will try to obtain a 1615. I notice that Jakob also has a powerlink cable (shown on his diagram) in addition to datalink between his 9300 and 1611. I do not. What function does the PL perform? I have tried a PL between my MCL2AV and 1611 in the link room and it made no difference.

Should a PL cable be mounted between my BC9500>1611>ML (BV8-40)? If I run the config guide it says not."No powerlink may be mounted between the Beolink converter and audio master"

Thanks again and I will try a beolink video as a last resort!

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member
david707 replied on Thu, Feb 18 2016 10:03 PM

Stefan, I tried a Beolink video and there was no control at all to either audio or video link sources, The TV would not come out of standby. This converter must be ML>MCL only and not the other way round. So barring some sort of home made interface I don't think there's another option.

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,862 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Mon, Feb 22 2016 3:18 PM

Yes, that`s what we expected, but thanks for testing it, might help other Beoworlders...

So, you give up? Sorry, I don`t have any further ideas..:(

BTW - the Powerlink cable is used in an AV setup between an audiomaster and 1611 converter to "tell" the system via PIN4 (on/off) whether the audiomaster is on or in stdby mode. It also will activate the whole system, when you activate the audio directly on the front panel buttons.

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member
david707 replied on Tue, Feb 23 2016 10:07 PM

Yes I give up!

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

David.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL