Avant 32 Link compatibility

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 1 Follower

david707
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Bronze Member
david707 posted on Mon, Nov 30 2015 11:52 AM

Using an Avant 32DVD as a link TV on an MCL system but having problems as the TV won't switch the audio master to 'aux' for video sound sources. If I plug the audio master (BC9500) directly into the 1611 converter it switches over but not via the MCL2AV. I have an LX5500 which works fine via the MCL2AV. Is there a known issue with the Avant regarding this? The Audio side is no problem - only video sources.

All Replies

david707
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Bronze Member

>>Sorry, it`s been a long time, but I didn`t forget this little test...<<

Thanks for your tenacity and patience!

>>I`d try to set the MCL2 AV to L.OPT 0 and disconnect the transceiver. All IR controling should lead through your link-BV (Avant).

BTW: I don`t understand, why you have to press AV and at the same time hold Timer button on the transceiver. Usually in an MCL setup you simply mute the sound and press Stdby to shut down the link-BV. This should work in your setup...(?)<<

If I use L.OPT 0 there is no control even through the Avant. If I disconnect the tranceiver I am unable to execute the command AV.A.Aux.

If I need to change between local or entire system shutdown I can do this. It is on page 15 of the MCL2 setup guide. I have an LX5500 in another room which shuts down the entire system when put to standby (one press) and I would like to change it to local. As far as I know I need to attach a tranceiver to the MCL2AV to do this. A long press of the standby button will, regardless of programming, shut down the entire system. 

>>AV-A.AUX is a video command, which is working well. (can you hear the sound via the Avant speakers in stereo?)<<

Yes. The video source is selected e.g. V.Tape followed by AV.A.Aux gives stereo sound.

>>AV-V.TAPE is an audio command that does not work. So video sound is fine, audio sound is not working, right?<<

AV-V.TAPE brings only silence. CD Radio A Tape etc all work but the Avant needs to go to standby first. If AV-V.Tape is an audio command that explains the silence when the TV is in Video mode?

>>BTW: we all know, that the most simple way to get your setup working, would be to install a ML cable and use just a BL converter<<

Yes, One day, or...revert to an MCL link TV MX/LX for 100% compatibility. But I would like a 10-40 next as a link TV so will have the same problem!

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,905 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:06 PM

If you need the MCL IR eye in any case, did you try a separate setup for the linkroom with the Avant set to V.OPT 5 and MCL2 AV set to L.OPT 1.

Connect your Beolabs to MCL relay box. Maybe this will work better...(?)

BTW I had a look into the Beolink Handbook, because I had the idea to try an ML/MCL converter. But all setups I saw were Masterlink in mainroom and MCL to linkrooms. In your setup it`s quite the opposite...

Stefan

ps: I forgot: do you have video distibution in your setup?

david707
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Bronze Member

V.OPT 5 and L.OPT 1 still enable control but audio sources have to be prefixed with "AV". AV-V.TAPE gives silence/faint buzzing noise as before. Pressing AV-RADIO when the TV is on sends the Avant into standby. AV-RADIO with the LX enables you to listen to the radio while watching TV. I tried connecting the BL6000 directly to the MCL2AV unit and got no signal - only a loud buzzing noise. Video distribution is via an RF link amplifier.

David

david707
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Sat, Aug 13 2016 11:24 AM

This quandary is now solved by crossing pins 1/3 and 4/5 in the datalink cable between the MCL2AV and Beolink converter 1611 - as suggested by Stefan in another thread. Many thanks to Stefan and Beoworld!

David

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,905 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:27 PM

David,

gladt to hear that it - finally - works!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

BTW: it was not another thread - it was exact this one - see my first post here...

enjoy your setup!

Stefan

david707
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you Stefan,

Yes finally have the video sound! The crossed cable has created changes to the audio side as I predicted. To listen to the radio I have to turn on a video source then press AV-Radio. Then I can press Radio and the tube will turn off. However if I want to then listen to a CD I have to again turn the TV on and press AV-CD. So not perfect but for the most part I use video sources so a big improvement!

David  

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL