rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Neil
Not Ranked
Dubai
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Neil posted on Fri, Nov 20 2015 3:49 PM

Hi, I recently bought a pair of Beolab 18's as rear speakers ( 9's at the front, working with a BV12 ) and have an intermittent popping sound coming from them. I had B&O service team out but of course there were no issues when they were here but next day I got the popping sound again and now most days it happens. The speakers are connected wirelessly to the system.

Any advice or guidance on what I should try to resolve ? Is this an issue with wireless connectivity ? Also, I am wondering whether it is related to the power lead as the speakers are right by the sockets ? But really I have no idea hence the request for help.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Record a video for them with the sounds so it is visible and audible in your home.
smuehli
Top 500 Contributor
Ludwigsburg, Germany
97 Posts
Bronze Member
Is it one popping during switch on ore more often? Or is it switching on and off and does this sound? Does then LED Change colour? Both Labs or only one? If both are popping, same time or different?
Neil
Not Ranked
Dubai
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:33 AM

Hi, The popping is ongoing on both speakers and not just when they are turned on. It is also intermittent ... Does not always happen and will start / stop at various times whilst operating. I do not see the lights changing color when it happens.

I have tried switching between 3 and 5 speakers to see if that helps but it does not ... No popping when set to three but when I switch back to 5 the popping comes back.

Thanks.

Neil
Not Ranked
Dubai
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:33 AM

Hi, The popping is ongoing on both speakers and not just when they are turned on. It is also intermittent ... Does not always happen and will start / stop at various times whilst operating. I do not see the lights changing color when it happens.

I have tried switching between 3 and 5 speakers to see if that helps but it does not ... No popping when set to three but when I switch back to 5 the popping comes back.

Thanks.

Heribert
Top 100 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
804 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Neil,

I do have a similar sound on my rear BL12.

Mine are connected with CAT7 wires. do you already have a solution for your problem?

Thanks, Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

oli
Not Ranked
Southeast of France
53 Posts
Bronze Member
oli replied on Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:02 PM

It makes me think to something related to your electricity installation. You should try to connect your BL to some surge protectors to avoid any power variation which can makes popping.

Does it appear too when switching a light on or off in the same room (ideally same wall where the BL are connected) ?

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
954 Posts
Bronze Member
does the popping sound only happen when you use the remote?

if so it maybe data signals are finding there way onto the audio signal.

Check the ground of the cat 7 and interconnects.
ed7
Top 500 Contributor
76 Posts
Bronze Member
ed7 replied on Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:57 PM

It could be an issue  with 4G interference ,not sure if  beolab 18 have them incorporated!.but a filter may solve the problem?!

Neil
Not Ranked
Dubai
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Mon, Dec 7 2015 2:06 PM

Heribert, I had the B&O service team out last week and thought they had fixed the problem by changing the output used on my Beosystem 3 for the speakers as the issue went away.

However, a few days later the problem came back although it is happening less frequently now and only when I initially turn the system on.

it is very frustrating and I will probably try a surge protector as someone has proposed to see whether it is the power supply somehow.

Neil

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
24 Posts
Bronze Member

This is an old thread but for what it’s worth, here is what I found with BL 8000s. I initially had them connected using RCA from my TV’s variable output jack to line-in. No pops. I later added a BL 2 to the mix to improve the bass. To do this, I made a stereo jack to Powerlink and then connected the BL 8000s to the BL 2s using PowerLink. I now have occasional pops. I believe it is caused by the Powerlink connection. I am using a Furman Power Conditioner and also the power cables were upgraded with Shunyata Venom 14 cables. 

In my case the pops are irritating but I can tolerate them for now. 

Beolab 8000 (BL 18 style grills), BL 2, BL 6000, BL 3, BeoPlay A9 MKII, BeoSound 2, BeoPlay H9i

Neil
Not Ranked
Dubai
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Wed, Jun 12 2019 10:28 AM

Thanks for feedback. Somewhere between moving from Dubai to Tokyo and now to Hong Kong the issue has gone away. I think it was probably a connection somewhere which got resolved with all the unplugging and replugging

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL