Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

CDX no sound -griplets?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Garten
Not Ranked
Sweden
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Garten posted on Sun, Nov 15 2015 8:18 PM

Hi all,

Had my CDX suddenly stop outputting sound, everything is normal as before, spinning, lid, changing tracks...all is fine... just no goddam sound...

Did the regular forum searches and seems the via's (griplets) are the usual suspects for motor/spining problems,.. but as the servo pcb isn't involved in sound output, could it be as easy as griplest on the decoder board?

I read that there was a muting relay that could also be problematic? (like the beocenter 9500?) could I diagnose that in any non destructive way?

I know I can just open it up and sort the via's as a first measure...but i'd like to get some advice on alternate diagnosis before i heat up the ol' iron. ....decoder PCB caps?..or would they cause bad sound.,, and not my situation, which is NO sound whatsoever...

many thanks

/g

BM 2000 *1974, 2x BM 1200, BM 1001, BG 1200, BG CD X, BC9500,BM3300,Bcord 3300, BG CD3300, Beovox Cona, Beovox CX100, Beovox 1200, Beovox RL60.2

All Replies

RafH
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Silver Member
RafH replied on Wed, Jun 24 2020 10:15 PM

Thanks for quick answer, I have re soldered joints of those elements and CDx is back to life :) 

RafH
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Silver Member
RafH replied on Wed, Jun 24 2020 10:15 PM

Thanks for quick answer, I have re soldered joints of those elements and CDx is back to life :) 

RafH
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Silver Member
RafH replied on Wed, Jun 24 2020 10:20 PM

Thanks for quick response, I have re-soldered the joints of those elements and CDX is back to life Big Smile

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL