rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 90 Replies | 5 Followers

Mace
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Mace posted on Sun, Nov 8 2015 4:24 PM

Hello all

Currently i'm considering a BV 11-46 - it's an amazing television, but it was released in 2012. So, my question is, does anybody know anything of a replacement? Or maybe just a new panel?

I bare no interest in the BF Avant, the design is just not to my likings (the spec's though are..)

Looking retrospectively, how long is the life cycle on a TV like this?

Many thanks in advance..

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

Dave Farr:
Facel:

@Millemissen

Don't be sorry, just try to be more respectfull, don't argue like a kitchen salesman who is seeing that he will not finalize his deal

Let's all behave.

@Facel, I think what MM was trying to get across is that B&O have a very good and tailored video and audio engine that is designed to give a much better video and audio package than some other manufacturers. Integration with other devices is improving, connectivity to B&O's own equipment, multi room, placement options etc, etc is possible, WISA and so on.

LG and B&O are in different markets. That doesn't make one any better or worse than the other in my opinion. They are just different. I still don't like that rectangular window at the bottom no matter how good the picture may be.

Dave.

That is pretty much how I feel about it.

After all, what I am interested in, is the overall concept behind the B&O devices.

To me that is at a level, that by far is not reached by any other manufacturer (of A/V gear), no matter how good the picture of an OLED tv is, or how intriguing it might be to have a soundbar beneath it.

When it comes to choosing, I would rather live with the superb FullHD picture/screen and the exceptional audio solution of a BV(11), than with an OLED 4K tv (of todays standart) with a wanna-be surround sound solution in a box connected to it.

This is not about behaving or not.

This is about the overall experience, you can have from a B&O setup, which - i thought - we as Beoworlders should applaude.

I am perfectly fine with someone not caring for it - that is his choice..

But after all this is a B&O forum - and we were discussing a 'BeoVision 11 replacement'.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,250 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Nov 10 2015 10:55 PM
Millemissen:

That is pretty much how I feel about it.

After all, what I am interested in, is the overall concept behind the B&O devices.

To me that is at a level, that by far is not reached by any other manufacturer (of A/V gear), no matter how good the picture of an OLED tv is, or how intriguing it might be to have a soundbar beneath it.

When it comes to choosing, I would rather live with the superb FullHD picture/screen and the exceptional audio solution of a BV(11), than with an OLED 4K tv (of todays standart) with a wanna-be surround sound solution in a box connected to it.

+1

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

James
Not Ranked
Melbourne
48 Posts
Bronze Member
James replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 7:26 AM
I have an early 55" Beovision 11. My partner has just brought a new expensive Other brand 65" curved LCD UHD set. The B&O kicks the UHD hands down in perceived image quality stakes unless the UHD set is being fed a Bluray HD signal, in which case it's similar. I was truly surprised at this as the UHD set is it least 2 years 'newer'. The B&O might not have the fancy apps of the 65" either, but it's a much slicker operation to drive around the menus than the UHD. I love my B&O Big Smile
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,527 Posts
Bronze Member
I don't understand what any of this about the future technology in the next 11. Based upon some of the comments, B&O may as well have just kept making the CRT Avant.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Chris Townsend:
I don't understand what any of this about the future technology in the next 11. Based upon some of the comments, B&O may as well have just kept making the CRT Avant.

I did love my Avant CRT - the sound and picture were superb.  But, it was a monster of a TV in comparison to todays thinner/less deep panel TV's whether they are LCD, LED, Plasma or OLED.  Stick an old Avant in a corner and it was great but against a wall and it stuck out a mile, especially if you wanted the stand to rotate.

Having gone to the BV7_55, I haven't looked back.  I don't miss the old Avant but it was still one of the best CRT's available in its time.  That time has long gone now.

B&O were on the brink of pulling out of TV productuion completely last year.  Leaving only speakers, streaming devices and the Beoplay range (having sold the auto sound section).  I'm glad they didn't pull the plug and we can still have our fully integrated/smart TV's with the rest of our old and newer sound equipment.

As the BV11 is available in 3 sizes currently, do we need a 'replacement' or simply and enhancement of the BV11 range?  e.g. larger screen, improved features etc.

Dave.

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member

In my eyes the problem is to get an 46' screen for less than +/- 7000€ (including DVB T/C/S and a stand solution) right now...... made by B&O.

The V1 with a motorised bracket, like the BV11...... I would have bought it, but the stand solutions were not my taste

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,527 Posts
Bronze Member
Dave Farr:

I did love my Avant CRT - the sound and picture were superb. But, it was a monster of a TV in comparison to todays thinner/less deep panel TV's whether they are LCD, LED, Plasma or OLED. Stick an old Avant in a corner and it was great but against a wall and it stuck out a mile, especially if you wanted the stand to rotate.

Having gone to the BV7_55, I haven't looked back. I don't miss the old Avant but it was still one of the best CRT's available in its time. That time has long gone now.

B&O were on the brink of pulling out of TV productuion completely last year. Leaving only speakers, streaming devices and the Beoplay range (having sold the auto sound section). I'm glad they didn't pull the plug and we can still have our fully integrated/smart TV's with the rest of our old and newer sound equipment.

As the BV11 is available in 3 sizes currently, do we need a 'replacement' or simply and enhancement of the BV11 range? e.g. larger screen, improved features etc.

Dave.

I agree. Only recently have I heard products with that lovely full sound(bass)

Just enhance or update the 11, nothing else. A 55 inch 11 with UHD OLED, and I'd trade in my 7-55. Until then I'll keep the best HD TV I've ever seen.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 3:31 PM

Chris Townsend:
Just enhance or update the 11, nothing else.

Although I just got my 11 earlier this year, I'd say that an update to the 11 would make me seriously consider upgrading. Too bad here in the States B&O don't do as robust a "trade-in" as overseas.

Secondly, Count me in as one of those who loved the old Avant. Even here in the States where we didn't have the RealFlat version, my old Black Lacquer CRT was the Rolls Royce of televisions. You can fetch them on eBay for close to nothing, but they were a bear to move. My friend and I almost lost our backs once when we attempted to move it down a flight of stairs. The handle grips below the front of the CRT "ledge" were barely there as opposed to the wide and deep openings in the back. Built like a tank it was.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,250 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 4:20 PM
Sal:

Although I just got my 11 earlier this year, I'd say that an update to the 11 would make me seriously consider upgrading. Too bad here in the States B&O don't do as robust a "trade-in" as overseas.

Secondly, Count me in as one of those who loved the old Avant. Even here in the States where we didn't have the RealFlat version, my old Black Lacquer CRT was the Rolls Royce of televisions. You can fetch them on eBay for close to nothing, but they were a bear to move. My friend and I almost lost our backs once when we attempted to move it down a flight of stairs. The handle grips below the front of the CRT "ledge" were barely there as opposed to the wide and deep openings in the back. Built like a tank it was.

I agree completely. Very much wish trade ins were possible here in the USA.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 8:29 PM

Sal and Razlaw,

I am also looking forward to a new Beovision.  However I am starting to wonder if Bang & Olufsen is ultimately going to leave the United States.  There have been many store closings lately.  There is now only one dealer in Chicago and it is Abt electronics.  It is one of the best dealers there is but it is in the suburbs.  Most customers live in the city and don't have a car like me.  Maybe B&O shouldn't make a TV but still have a way a way of connecting speakers and players to a networked TV like the LG oled.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,250 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 8:49 PM
There is a new B and O dealer in the Chicago area, in the southern suburbs.

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 9:33 PM

Razlaw:
There is a new B and O dealer in the Chicago area, in the southern suburbs.

It is not listed on the map.  The next closest to Chicago is Cincinnati.  http://stores.bang-olufsen.com/united-states/bang-olufsen-fountain-square/

At least 4 stores were closed recently I think in Colorado, Chicago, and Minnesota.  Maybe there is a plan to open a new store in downtown Chicago.  Apple is putting in a new store on Michigan ave which is going to be really cool.  The old Apple store was just too crowded.  I find it completely strange the B&O doesn't have a store in the downtown are.  The metro area has a population of about 8 million.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,250 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:51 PM

The store you mention were part of a group of stores that changed their name to sell home automation. When the Chicago store closed, I received an email from Bang and Olufsen directing me to the new dealer.

http://www.sounddesigninc.com/

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 11:10 PM

That sounds interesting Erik but gosh, they are taking their time in a super sonic fast paced environment.

It's interesting how Loewe have only 4K Tvs in their range. Hamstring or whatever that funny TV panel company is called are supplying the panels - is that good or really really bad???? but still all assembly is kept in house at Loewe in Germany.

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 11:18 PM

Razlaw:

The store you mention were part of a group of stores that changed their name to sell home automation. When the Chicago store closed, I received an email from Bang and Olufsen directing me to the new dealer.

http://www.sounddesigninc.com/

Thanks for the information.  I have never heard of Plainfield, Illinois which is where this dealer is.  I think I will continue with Abt electronics and see what happens. 

Page 3 of 7 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL