Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin posted on Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:22 PM

Hello!

I currently own a pair of BL5s connected to a Playmaker. I am looking to upgrade my non B&O TV to a BV Avant 55". I am wondering what are my options for playing my music to the new Avant/BL5s from iTunes or iPhone. Will the AirPlay streaming from my iPhone/iTunes with an Apple TV be the same sound quality as the Playmaker? Are there other options built into the TV other than Spotify or Deezer? 

Also, does someone know if the new Apple TV (4th gen) will fit on the back on the Avant since it is thicker?

This will be my first B&O TV so I am unsure of what to expect. Any help would be great!

All Replies

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Fri, May 22 2020 10:50 AM

Getting out after an almost 5-year confinement Big Smile

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
307 Posts
Bronze Member

Two of my friends have B&O TVs and both have Apple TV 4Ks mounted to the back of their TVs and last time. I am not sure if it's whether the B&O remote doesn't work or not, but he used his Apple TV remote but it was able to turn on and off the TV as well as send audio to any speaker using AirPlay. Basically replaced the B&O Smart TV feature with an Apple TV. His TV is on a floor stand. My other friend has it on the wall, also with an Apple TV, so I am assuming it is easy to do and can't be seen. 

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home with Google Wi-fi (mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K];  Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core [LG UST Projector, Apple TV 4K]; Beoplay M5 Dining: Apple HomePod; Portable: Beosound 1, Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen). 

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
152 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, May 22 2020 11:13 AM
CasperI:

OK, i have no idea how this old thread came up on the front page

Old threads often reappear when a spammer posts a „reply“ containing a link to some dubious website.

The admins then delete the spam.
EvWolse
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I bought BeoVision Avant 55 LCD television that is ultra HD and its graphic are awesome. I saw this tv the first time in my friend’s home and show my rush my essay review and interest about it then I also bought it for my home.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
152 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, May 29 2020 6:41 AM
QED
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL