Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BS3200 Hard Drive

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

mfirst
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
mfirst posted on Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:08 AM

I know this might be an old topic - but I have been using my BS3200 more and more and worry about the hard drive failing....granted it is old technology - which is concerning as I am afraid that if (when?) the drive fails then replacement is a problem......i have searched for solutions, but have not found anything other than spending a lot of money and sending the unit back to B&O...... anyone replace their own HDD...dare I ask about a SSD?

thanks

-michael

All Replies

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beosound 3200 hard drive is likely just an ordinary 2.5" PATA drive, used often for laptops at the time. It can be a bit difficult to source a new drive, but new old stock should be easy; the issue is that we don't know how the drive is formatted and any possible software contained in the disk. These things becomes clear if mounted to a computer (A Linux partition is only recognizable on a Linux distribution though.)

You can't use a modern SSD with the Beosound as they use a different interface, called SATA. The reliability of modern HDD's is very good and should last a long time, they tolerate huge amounts of reads and writes.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,399 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Oct 19 2015 11:07 AM

easiest and safest way would be to clone the drive.

There are docking stations availabe that can clone harddrives with the push of a button. This way you can make a complete backup of the original drive without the need to know how it is formatted or what's on it.

s.th. like this: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdd+clone+station

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL