Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

lundmark
Top 500 Contributor
Stockholm, Sweden
104 Posts
Bronze Member
lundmark posted on Thu, Oct 15 2015 9:50 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased a pair of Beolab 17 for use with my 55" Beovision 11 mk2 and it's built-in wireless transmitter.

I've only had them for a few days now, but twice I've experienced one of the speakers not transmitting audio after having activated its speaker group. This is not very reassuring. 

I don't think it was the same speaker both times. (A bit hard to remember which is which because they're identical and I mounted them on the wall in another position between the two occasions.)

When this happens, no sound is transmitted and this is resolved by either toggling power to the speaker or searching for new wireless speakers on the TV. What is *really* interesting though is that the speakers do wake up and go to sleep when the TV does, as you can tell by the green/red LEDs on the speakers. So clearly, it’s not an issue of the TV not being able to communicate with them.

Even when one of the speakers is "missing" and produces no sound, the turning off the TV still puts the speaker to sleep and turns on its red LED. So, the communication seems to be working, but not always the sound.

Have you guys experienced something similar and managed to solve the issue? 

All Replies

Luke
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 7:47 PM

Hej!

I did experience the same behaviour like you report. I also have a BV11 mk2 and use the internal wisa-module to communicate with my speakers. I Beolab 18 and Beolab 19 connected wireless to my TV, but the behaviour of the green/red leds and the sound issue was the same in my setup.

After some trial and error trying many different things I came to the conclusion that the problem was inteference with my Wifi-router. Probably mostly the 5ghz band that communicate on frequencies quite close to WiSA. I solved it by changing to a fixed channel instead of "automatic". For reference I have Airport time capsule and airport extreme in my network. Just select any fixed channel for the comm on your router and see if the problem disappear. For me it did and I haven't had a single drop-out since that and it has now worked flawless for several months.

maybe this is a Stockholm syndrome Big Smile

Good luck and hope that this also solves your problem!

Depardiue
Not Ranked
Sweden
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your suggestion! This has to be a clear Stockholms syndrome, as I Have the same very enoying problem! However my limited wireless network skills Prevents me from testing your great Idea  at the timebeing, How do I change it to fixed channel as suggested! Thanks again and appologies for My limited network skills😬

lundmark
Top 500 Contributor
Stockholm, Sweden
104 Posts
Bronze Member
lundmark replied on Wed, Nov 18 2015 12:59 PM

Thanks! This is what I did after talking to my dealer, but I'm still having the issue. It's not frequent or predictable, but even once is too much. Which channel did you settle on? I too have AirPort routers in my house. 

Do you use the scheduled standby feature of your TV? I'm curious if disabling that would make a difference (i.e. a full power-on instead of merely waking from sleep).

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL