rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 48 Replies | 6 Followers

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 posted on Sun, Oct 4 2015 7:21 PM

I would like to know if I'm the only customer to have MoodWheel issues, particularly since the August upgrade?

My configuration:
Moment + QNAP &Twonky
31200 tracks

Issues:
* Average of 10 tracks are played per MoodWheel point.
* Some tracks are repeated in the list, seed included.
* Sometimes, 30 seconds or more to start playing after pressing a MoodWheel point.
* For a each MoodWheel point, the tracks to be played have a title starting with numbers, special characters or the letter A.

Facts:
* The MoodWheel has 99 points per circle
* Only 10000 tracks are considered in the MoodWheel process

Thanks for providing your feedback

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

All Replies

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
272 Posts
Silver Member

Hi, 

my configuration: 

- Beosound Moment :-) 

- QNAP NAS with Twonky

- 5000 Songs NAS

- Deezer Account

I have the problem, that the Moodwheel only plays songs on Deezer in the second circle. The inner circle plays only a few songs of my NAS library.  

I thought, that the middle circle will mix NAS+Deezer. 

Greetings from Germany,

Mirco

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
272 Posts
Silver Member

Hi, 

my configuration: 

- Beosound Moment :-) 

- QNAP NAS with Twonky

- 5000 Songs NAS

- Deezer Account

I have the problem, that the Moodwheel only plays songs on Deezer in the second circle. The inner circle plays only a few songs of my NAS library.  

Greetings from Germany,

Mirco

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,205 Posts
Bronze Member

How do you get  31200 tracks  ......Whatcd?

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member
koning:

How do you get 31200 tracks ......Whatcd?

35 years of listening !

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,671 Posts
Bronze Member

That is 2 1/2 albums a day ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member

Millemissen:

That is 2 1/2 albums a day ;-))

MM

I'm impressed too ! Sharing my S/N :-)

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member

MircoHH:

Greetings from Germany,
Mirco

Mirco, you are right, in one B&O documentation you can find:

• Middle ring is playing tracks of the mood chosen. Tracks are chosen from own collection and from the outer ring

Own collection being NAS + Deezer

Thanks for the feedback, I understand that the number of tracks does not drive the issue

Grretings from France

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
272 Posts
Silver Member

Thank you very much for your answer.

So it have to be an error in the software. 

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member
I have tested the MoodWheel behavior with only DLNA content and it has worked better and better day after day, like If the system was continuously adding more proposal for one seed, but still progressing in the track alphabetical order and repeat in many tracks.

After almost 10 days with DLNA content only, I have added Deezer to the picture ... guess what? The MoodWheel does not work anymore as expected: maximum 3 tracks are played before the music stops, most of the time only one track is played independently of the circle chosen, music stops before the end of the track. The only moment the MoodWheel seems to behave correctly is after a power off/on but not for a sustained period.

I have reported this behavior many times to Beocare and response I get is that my ISP provider router may be the cause.

I'm a network certified engineer and where i can understand that some boxes are not performing as well as other, I find this answer very strange.

That said, an to park this statement, i changed my wifi hotspot (used only by the JukeBox) and this had no effect at all.

I'm really looking for the forum feedback

Cheers

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 5:38 PM

Hi Mbolo01

You wrote in a reaction above:

• Middle ring is playing tracks of the mood chosen. Tracks are chosen from own collection and from the outer ring

According to the promo on the website: Streams music from Deezer similar to your own collection.

mbolo01:
I have tested the MoodWheel behavior with only DLNA content and it has worked better and better day after day, like If the system was continuously adding more proposal for one seed, but still progressing in the track alphabetical order and repeat in many tracks.
After almost 10 days with DLNA content only, I have added Deezer to the picture ... guess what? The MoodWheel does not work anymore as expected.
This looks to be a very interesting test, have to do it myself. I will deactivate Deezer in the Moment.
mbolo01:
maximum 3 tracks are played before the music stops, most of the time only one track is played independently of the circle chosen, music stops before the end of the track. The only moment the MoodWheel seems to behave correctly is after a power off/on but not for a sustained period. I have reported this behavior many times to Beocare and response I get is that my ISP provider router may be the cause.
Again a very easy answer from Struer, I know in adding a playlist to Deezer it sometimes happens some tracks are not playable in my country, and its giving me a fault message (track not found....) in the about menu.
It happens that the Moment, when this occurs gets a completely crazy behaviour and if your have a closer look you notice that out of nowhere the Soundhub suddenly starts searching again for the network connection? White light starts blinking and also the green Power button.
It has happened with me, although not to often. Soundhub has been hard wired with a fixed address, and got a MAC-DHCP reservation in the router. What a strange behaviour!

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,783 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Oct 30 2015 11:29 AM
To close this thread: latest software update has solved all the MoodWheel issues I was facing.

i4ict
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
i4ict replied on Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:16 AM

You're most certainly not the only one experiencing problems with 'the fantastic' Mood Wheel (or Pattern Play) function. It's been rubbish from the start!

As a music lover and a sound purist I only use DLNA (WAV / FLAC) and have been asking Bang & Olufsen for a solution to the following issues:

- Loud ticking noise at the end of playing each WAV file. Which makes it impossible to rip in WAV format on my high end music server.

- Mood wheel ignores compilation albums (Various Artists albums, which is more than half of music collection are just being ignored... WTF?)

- Very sluggish response after being in use for a few days. You have to reboot the system all the time.

- No regular updates whatsoever as promised by the dealership /  B&O. Only the iOS App is being updated regularly which doesn't add anything. I WANT TO USE THE MOOD WHEEL!! That's why I bought the Moment!!

- No response whatsoever after asking to become a beta software tester. I'm really a heavy user and have found glitches in the system no one else has. B&O should encourage this and use this information to improve their products.

- The list goes on and on... Beosound Moment looks the part, but inside it's just a rubbish overpriced Samsung tablet with really bad software. It should be taken of the market in it's current state.

I've been trying to get through to B&O for more than a year now. Without any result. They just don't take their customers serious and I'm really fed up with them. Especially after being a very loyal customer since the 1986.

My advise: DO NOT BUY Beosound Moment. Just stick with Apple and use iTunes (with the excellent Genius function) and an Apple TV for streaming. 

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
339 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, if you buy an Auralic Aries or Auralic Mini then you have a nice peace if high end streaming mashine that works 100 percent!!!

Best Regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5, Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. Beoremote HALO (new), 3xBeoplay Charging pad

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,205 Posts
Bronze Member

Is it possible to use an Auralic Mini in combination with a T1656 amp.

Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL