rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 48 Replies | 4 Followers

JD26
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
JD26 posted on Thu, Oct 1 2015 7:50 AM

Hi!

I recently bought a pair of BeoLab 18 speakers. After one month with the BeoLab 18, sometimes the speakers won't connect, red light. Sometimes only one of the speakers are connected. I find the WISA connection a little bit unstable.

BeoLab 18

Sony TV

Transmitter 1 (Airport Express RCA, Sony TV TOSLINK)

I wonder if people find WISA stable?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Luke
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Luke replied on Thu, Oct 1 2015 9:14 PM
Verified by JD26

Hi all, just registered here and thought it was about time to start share stuff and participate in the discussions on this great forum.

I can more or less confirm that the connectivity issues that is reported in this thread are all due to disturbances from wi-fi router communication. Probably from the 5ghz band which is quite close to the bandwidth that WISA is using. I experienced the same with my setup and the solution is very simple. Configure your router (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz) to a fixed channel instead of using the default that is "automatic" I for instance choose channel 11 for 2.4ghz and 44 for 5ghz. I experienced A LOT of drop-outs when I installed my setup and I also initially blaimed the WISA. But since the above change/config was mad I haven't experienced one single drop-out and have been running flawless the last couple of months.

The main problem was i my living room where I have the following setup:

- Beovision 11
- 4 x Beolab 18
- Beolab 19

All connected through WISA via the built in module in the BV 11

So all of you that encounter problems - try the above and I would bet it fixes the problem. Try different channels also and focus on the 5ghz band. Could be worth mentioning that I'm running Time Capsule and Airport Extreem that extends my wifi. But should be the same for all routers

Cheers,
Lukas 

JD26
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) JD26 replied on Sat, Oct 3 2015 10:55 AM
Verified by JD26

I tried with fixed channels, but the problem is still there. I haven't tried with all the different channels, but I have decided to use cables. The Bang & Olufsen Store suggested using the BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub. It fits my needs, and it will most likely not cause any connection trouble.

In other words, WISA is not stable in my opinion. Hopefully this will change in the future.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,114 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by JoostdenEngelsman

JoostdenEngelsman:

My dealer blames the 5ghz band on my router (Apple Extreme) which cannot be switched off, causing interference with the WiSA connection. Does anyone have a solution for this (other than switching to wires)?

I have experimented the AE in the same area as my Moment, BL 18 & 19 ..... not good at all, event after testing several channel combinations. I move ithe AE  to another area of my house and installed a Linksys WAP300N as it only services 2.4Ghz.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

All Replies

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Silver Member

Edit: Nevermind. I quoted by mistake stuff that I thought was recent..

orca99
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
orca99 replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 4:09 AM

After updating the BL18/19/receiver1 software to the latest software version 2.0.6 ( believe)  I have had rock steady Wisa connections to my Klipsch wisa hub for 6 months.

The SQ is also immaculate :)); fully as good as a wired optical connection.

I have no issues with wifi interference, and the wisa and wifi hubs are mounted only 20 cm apart.

Orca99

orca99
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
orca99 replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 4:10 AM

After updating the BL18/19/receiver1 software to the latest software version 2.0.6 ( believe)  I have had rock steady Wisa connections to my Klipsch wisa hub for 6 months.

The SQ is also immaculate :)); fully as good as a wired optical connection.

I have no issues with wifi interference, and the wisa and wifi hubs are mounted only 20 cm apart.

Orca99

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

Here you can see WiSA transmitter in BeoVision Avant 2014.

Maybe it is possible to create a better 'antenna' if there are problems.

Page 4 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL