rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

CR
Not Ranked
France
4 Posts
Bronze Member
CR posted on Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:31 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I hope you can help me answer a few questions I have about my RL 140 speakers.

I purchased the Beosystem 5500 a few month ago and it came with a pair of RL 140. It seems that a woofer needs refoaming and I'm planning on reclothing both speakers as the fabric is very worn out. I have found the thread on reclothing speakers so it shouldn't be a problem.

However, I have been looking on the forum but could not find an answer to the following question. Apologies in advance as it probably sounds silly: how do I remove the front part of the speakers?

I have unscrewed the back but I can't seem to understand how I am meant to take out the front.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

All Replies

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,357 Posts
Gold Member

Welcome! No need for apologies, it really isn't too obvious. After you are certain you have removed all the screws in the rear ( inside the connector bay, under the strap holders, around the perimeter), you can pry the speaker open around the edge. You will be removing the rear shell of the case, not the front cloth - the drivers and all will remain in the front part. There's a foam gasket in between and it can be very tight after sitting there for 25+ years.

--mika

CR
Not Ranked
France
4 Posts
Bronze Member
CR replied on Wed, Sep 30 2015 11:00 AM

Thank you for your answer!

I didn't have time to look much this morning when I left for work but it seems there are a couple of silver screws around the edges. These are the ones holding the front panel I'm assuming?

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,357 Posts
Gold Member

I seem to recall RL6000 has six screws around the edge, so RL140 may have even more. The "red line" around the speaker stays attached to the front panel when you remove the rear shell.

This old thread may be helpful, although some of the images are missing:

http://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/p/24303/183173.aspx

--mika

CR
Not Ranked
France
4 Posts
Bronze Member
CR replied on Wed, Sep 30 2015 1:22 PM

Thanks so much for the thread it's going to be very helpful! I'll try it out tonight when I come back from work.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL