Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Control of Beovision 7-40 floor stand

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 47 Replies | 10 Followers

achangtrakul
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
achangtrakul posted on Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:31 AM

Time has come to retire my Beovision 7-40 (MK II). I am going for a none B&O flatscreen, that I was thinking of mounting on the B&O floor stand, keeping the Beolab 7-2 as a sound bar for the new TV. I would like to be able to continue to control the motor in the stand with the BEO4 remote. Anybody here with previous experience or suggestions with this proposed set-up?

All Replies

UffeT
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member
UffeT replied on Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:59 PM

What has happened with this project..?

I have the floorstand and the Beolab mounted to my Samsung UE55H7205U but it would be nice to be able to control the stand via a remotecontrol.

Is there a ready solution for this?

I´m not so much into building a box myself.

Best regards from Sweden.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi all,

I subscribe to Michael from Lintronic’s news letter and the following info was included. Just in case of interest someone has developed a product to control the BV7 32 and 40 stands without the beovision. It requires the Lintronic box, plus an additional unit. Full info here 

http://lintronic.dk/AppNote_PulsingOutput.pdf

I’m in no way affiliated with either product.

apologies if this is the same solution as was being developed here!

emabonacchi
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

Has someone decoded correct wiring?

After connecting +12v and -12v, how can i turn left and right the stand?

Ravsted
Not Ranked
74 Posts
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Sun, Jun 14 2020 10:18 PM

5V to pin 2 and 3 should turn it left/right respectively.

I have not tried myself. See diagram below (copy from page 2)

Did not have the courage, yet, even though I don't expect to use neither my low or high stand with a BeoVision again....

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
242 Posts
Bronze Member

Ravsted:

5V to pin 2 and 3 should turn it left/right respectively.

I have not tried myself. See diagram below (copy from page 2)

Did not have the courage, yet, even though I don't expect to use neither my low or high stand with a BeoVision again....

Plesse neverever connect 5Volt two the pins 2 and 3 or the Stand!!!!!

A PWM Signal is needed two turn the stand! 

wilfried

Teyelvis
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Has anyone successfully made the stand remote control usable without beovision yet?

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
242 Posts
Bronze Member

definitely yes!

take a look at this LinTronic brochure,  http://lintronic.dk/AppNote_PulsingOutput.pdf

Here Mr. Erik Prehn from ep-elektronic from Copenhagen presents his adapter box.

With the BEO4 and the LinTronik control unit, the engine status of the Beovision 7 can be controlled!

I did without the LinTronik control box and developed a controller with an Arduino for me that passes the commands of the BEO4 to the interface box from Erik ..... it also works !!!

wilfried

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
242 Posts
Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

Has someone decoded correct wiring?

After connecting +12v and -12v, how can i turn left and right the stand?

probably never again, because the PWM electronics of the engine stand will be defective!

wilfried

emabonacchi
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

I really hope i have not damaged motorized stand applying 12v. However, i am trying to "rebuild" a Beovision5 with a new monitor and a Beosystem3. I have upgraded this with a new decoder and i am controlling this from Beo4 and Arduino connected on the original IR in top of the Beovision.

Everything works fine, Arduino receive Ir signal simultaneously with Beosystem3 and can control decoder and led (red and green) into the upper box where receiver is in. The last thing to make working again, is the stand.

I would be happy if you can share your Arduino project related to control motorized stand.

Thank you.

Ravsted
Not Ranked
74 Posts
Bronze Member

@emabonacchi

Can you share the information about the connection of the original ir eye of the BeoVision 5

Currently I have an extra link eye connected to my Lintronic, but I would like to use the original eye simultaneously like you do.

Which pin is data and which is ground ?

emabonacchi
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

Sure! It is really simple! You only need to share Gnd and take "signal". As soon as posible, i will post the wiring....... It is really simple. You need to connect the gnd in Lintronic receiver to gnd in the original receiver. Then you onli connec the signal, no more + connections. For "red" and "green" lights, you only need to power up "+5v" on related pin.

emabonacchi
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

THIS POST WAS CONTAINING THE WIRING ABOUT ORIGINAL IR RECEIVER OF BEOVISION. This post was removed because in this forum not sharing own success..... thanks to everybody!

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
242 Posts
Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

And i hope someone can help me for controlling the stand, i have read "Gandalf" has done this and i would be very happy if he can share his arduino project.

Hello, my Arduion solution is directly related to the converter box from Eri Prehn ep-teknik copenhagen.

Erik gave me the control codes so that I can control the engine status of the BV7-32 and BV7-40.

I have received the information about the control codes confidentially and am not authorized to pass them on, please understand.

Since the control codes could be read directly from my Arduino sketch, I can of course not simply pass on the sketch.

anyway, i can only assume that the motor control of the BV5 works the same as that of the BV7.

Erik's converter box expects a "pulsing input" as noted in the LinTronik brochure.

The BEO4 remote control codes can be easily read out with an Ardfuino sketch, so you can write a sketch that, depending on the key pressed, passes on the associated pulse code to the converter box.

It can go something like this:

case beocode = "rotate left" pulsout (left) ..

and so on

I would be happy to provide further support for the Arduinosketch, but only without Erik's stand codes, which I would then indicate as xxxxx, which would make the sketch incomprehensible.

best regards

wilfried

Teyelvis
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

So even if I get the arduino repeater, without the proper codes from Erik, I will not be able to control the stand, lg oled tv and beosystem 3 with 1 single beo4/6 remote right?

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
242 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, I think so.

Without the codes, no Arduino sketch can control the engine stand.

A LinTronik box would also be necessary to make the signals of the BEO4 usable for the converter box.

But if you buy a converter box from Erik Prehn, he will surely deliver the one with the control codes.

With the control code and an Arduino basic knowledge, you can control the engine stand with ANY remote control!

wilfried

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL