rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 123 Replies | 1 Follower

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal posted on Mon, Sep 14 2015 1:55 AM

Can folks with some experience with the following devices please let me know if the following behaviors are possible based on what my use case may likely be.

I’m planning on having the Moment (or) Essence in a dedicated music listening area directly connected to a set of Beolab speakers.

I have an always on Mac mini with an iTunes Library, and twonky server running. I also have a NAS with Plex running, but that NAS currently doesn’t have much music on it. I can confirm that the Beovision 11 can “see” both servers in HOMEMEDIA, both Plex and Twonky, and I can choose from media between the two.

1. Can the Moment or Essence be connected to two servers at once (ie. Twonky on the Mac Mini and Plex on the NAS. I don’t need either device to consolidate the media or anything like that, but it would be nice if they could.

2. I have no experience with the Beomusic app, how does it access media located on servers on the same network, or does it?

3. If I select some media from the Beomusic app, and click Play, is it streaming from the phone to the Moment or Essence via what -- WiFi or Bluetooth? How does that work?

4. Let’s say I have a Moment or Essence in a different room, but on the same network, ie. they’re netlinked to the Beovision 11 which has a pair of speakers connected to it. What do I need to do in order to listen to music from the speakers connected to the Beovision 11, and exactly what, if anything will show on the Beovision 11 screen?

5. If I’m playing a piece of music selected on the screen of the Moment’s tablet, and I open the Beomusic App, will I see the piece of music playing on the Moment? With the album artwork? Is it basically like a two-way remote?

6. Let’s say I have both an essence and a Moment, how would I control both from the same remote, that is, what function key / button would I require for the Essence, which for the Moment? Or would one keypress operate both?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

That’s all for now. Thanks for all your help!

All Replies

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Razlaw,

contact your dealer to install software build 229 (the last version) on your BV 10 and all will be fine!

Build 229 solved problems when BV 10 is set to V.OPT 6 regarding switching off sources in masterlink system. I had these problems too and reported them to Beocare some years ago. Then they worked at the software and Build 229 appeared some months later.

This way you can stay with the timer features of BV 7 that I also like very much and use every day.

Regards

Räuber
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Sep 27 2015 7:23 PM
Thanks! Much appreciated.
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
You are welcome, Razlaw.

BTW: I think we both had a discussion some years ago regarding the switching off issues., do you remember? At that time I thought the problems were caused by BV 7, but the software of BV 10 was the reason!

Good luck!

Räuber
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Sep 27 2015 9:16 PM
I remember discussing it and finally gave up and disconnected the 3000. I don't listen to CDs anymore. Trying again now as I want to connect an Essence and may be easier to connect to the 3000 than the 5 due to placement. I probably should just take advantage of the trade in offer B and O has now and trade the 3000 in on a Moment, but

I like the fact that the Essence has Spotify as well as the lower cost.
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sun, Sep 27 2015 10:40 PM
I also plan to upgrade my Masterlink system. I didn't make a dicision between these two options:

1. Beosound Essence without the Essence Remote connecting to A.AUX of BS 9000 or to an anolugue input of BV 7 (switch on BV 7 without screen by using AV command). I like Spotify Connect and TuneIn (and I don't like the Moment). Using BeoMusic app and Spotify app as remote.

2. New Apple TV 4 by using Apple Music. I guess ATV 4 has an App for Apple Music. Using Apple Remote as remote.

Actually I'm using ATV 2 connected to BV 7 and use Spotify app on IPad mini and Airplay. Very happy with this solution.

Regards

Räuber
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
I think there is a third possible solution, Chromecast audio:

https://www.google.com/intl/de_de/chromecast/?utm_source=chromecast.com

If I look to all opportunities and (soon) available Apps I guess connecting this small device e.g. to A.AUX of a Beosound could be a perfect and very cheap solution, even with an Iphone or Ipad.

Regards

Räuber
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:39 PM

Millemissen:

Beroli:
 If your BV was switched on, than the Screen should display the said informations as well - if your BV is a newer NL TV

If the Moment is set to use the speakers of the NL-BV, it will turn on the tv, playing the requested 'source'.

The problem (!) with the BS Essence is, that you can't set it to use the speakers of the NL-BV.

Would be nice, if we could - wonder if they will change that some day.

I don't see any technical reason, why it should not be possible - will be a matter of sw.

I have reported that as a request to Beocare - maybe someone else should do that as well!

MM 

So I could not listen to to Essence sources through the speakers connected to my V1?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:46 PM

Millemissen:

3: Yes - but not Spotify Connect and AirPlay. (However, if you can connect to the BS/BM5 using a NL/ML converter, the Essence will just be the A.Aux from your BS/BM5.)

If you - by 'connects fine' - mean, that your V1 can see (and use) the music from the BM5 server, it is another question (your V1 is standalone, right). You can use any DLNA control app (e.g. PlugPlayer or 8Player on an iPad) to choose, what to play from the BM5-server to your V1. N.B. You can not use the BeoMusic app for that!

MM

If I connect an Essence to the Beosound 5 Aux In, with the Behringer device, select A.Aux to start playing in a room connected via Masterlink to the BS5, select source/music for the Essence to play, would I be able to use the "join" function on the Beo 4 to turn on my stand alone V1 and have it start playing the same music wirelessly from the Essence that is being sent by the Essence via the Aux In to the Masterlink products?

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
I don't think it would be join.

I think you'd simply press a.aux on the v1
Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
839 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw:

If I connect an Essence to the Beosound 5 Aux In, with the Behringer device, select A.Aux to start playing in a room connected via Masterlink to the BS5, select source/music for the Essence to play, would I be able to use the "join" function on the Beo 4 to turn on my stand alone V1 and have it start playing the same music wirelessly from the Essence that is being sent by the Essence via the Aux In to the Masterlink products?

If the V1 and the Essence are in the same network you can use the join function. Then the V1 isn't standalone anymore.

The A.aux command on the BS5 won't start the Essence. You need to control it separately with the beoremote essence or the Beomusic app
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 25 2015 8:50 PM

Carolpa:
Razlaw:

If the V1 and the Essence are in the same network you can use the join function. Then the V1 isn't standalone anymore.

The A.aux command on the BS5 won't start the Essence. You need to control it separately with the beoremote essence or the Beomusic app

Thanks. That is how I thought it would work and was hoping I could use the join function. Using the join function will it play through the speakers connected to the V1? The post I copied a couple posts ago seemed to mention some problem with using connected speakers on a NL tv to play music from an Essence.

Luke
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Mon, Oct 26 2015 10:53 AM

Razlaw:

Carolpa:
Razlaw:

Thanks. That is how I thought it would work and was hoping I could use the join function. Using the join function will it play through the speakers connected to the V1? The post I copied a couple posts ago seemed to mention some problem with using connected speakers on a NL tv to play music from an Essence.

I run my V1-40 that I have in my bedroom (with connected BL17) without any issues at all. I have both one Essence mk2 and a Moment and I run these two scenarios and it works flawless:

- Scenario 1: Music playing on the Moment (same scenario with the Essence)... Hit "Join" on the BeoOne remote for the V1-40 and the music streams perfect through the BL17. Of course you need to assign the NL-link source (Music) to the speaker group where you external speakers are setup.

- Scenario 2: My moment is turned off (in stand-by). I relax in my bedroom where my V1 is located. Have assigned a shortcut on the BR One to start the NL-Music source. When the button is pushed the V1 instantly starts to play the music from the Moment (where it was left of when turned off. eg. the playlist or album that I had running on the Moment when hitting the pause-button). I can switch to next/previous track with the BR One which is very convenient. The moment still is not turned on (on the Moment display it just displays "Distributing").

If I want to add in other sources it is so simple. Can hit join in my living room and the BL18 and BV11 is instantly joining the show. Actually... I have been reading a lot on here and have seen many ppl experience problems. I must say that it works perfect in my setup and have been perfectly stable when I got all my network setup correct (running 5ghz and on fixed channel).

Just let me know if you want to have more input

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,271 Posts
Bronze Member

What if:

The Moment AND the Essence are both playing (in seperate rooms) and you want to listen to, what is playing from the Essence in the bedroom/V1/BL17?

Which command would you use? The Moment (PatternPlay) - as you wrote - was connected and assigned to 'Music'. How are the sources of the Essence connected/assigned to the V1? I guess the 'Join' command would not do the job there.(?)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,702 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Oct 26 2015 1:37 PM
Thanks! Sounds like it will work for me the way I want it to. And just to confirm, no NL converter is needed for Essence to work with V1?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,271 Posts
Bronze Member

There is no 'conversion' involded, so: no!

Two NL-devices = multiroom.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 6 of 9 (124 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL