beomaster 8000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 0 Followers

lotus73jps
Top 500 Contributor
141 Posts
Bronze Member
lotus73jps posted on Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:31 AM

hi can I add a subwoofer to my beomaster 8000 ? if so were would you connect the subwoofer to the 8000 thanks

All Replies

j0hnbarker
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Bronze Member

Presumably to the Speaker 2 output?

For a laugh I added a spare Cona this way that was switchable in and out with my Pentas if I wanted more boom.

lotus73jps
Top 500 Contributor
141 Posts
Bronze Member

hi speaker 1 and 2 are both in use with 2 pairs off beovox 500 ? is there any other way ? it can be done thanks

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Just use a Cona (or 2).  It's placed inline before your Beovox 5000's.

Dave.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,119 Posts
Gold Member

I am trying - horrors of horrors - a pair of Ditton 66s at the moment. Who needs a subwoofer anyway? Big Smile

Trouble is, such a device always lives its own life and for me it does nothing for the music.

That said, the B&O circuit is very sturdy and you should be able to drive a Cona without any problems. But don't expect subsonics here!

Jacques

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Sep 7 2015 8:23 AM

Use the MS150s designed for the system and you don't need a sub woofer!

Peter

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Cooker replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 12:18 AM

Hi, can you explain exactly how to place it inline before the speakers?

Whats the exact routing from the amp? Wouldn't you have to have both speaker inputs going to the subwoofer (left and right)?

Sorry, If this question comes across as a bit dumb. 

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
728 Posts
Bronze Member
BO replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:22 AM

lotus73jps:
"Beomaster 8000" "beovox 500"

Odd combination

//Bo.
A long list...

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Cooker replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 3:32 PM

I have just done some research into the Cona and I now understand how to connect it.

An odd ball question, I have 1 set of M75's connected to my Beomaster 8000. They are great, but really lack low down Bass. I would love a set of MS150's to replace them, but being in Western Australia, they are as rare as hens teeth. Until I finally get my hands on a pair, how would connecting 2 Conas go. Would I notice much difference with them complementing my M75's? Better to use 2 other passive non B&O sub woofers instead of the Cona, as the Conas arnt really massive powerful subs and wouldn't really help M75's?

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,405 Posts
Bronze Member

The M75s goes down to 27 Hz, the Cona to 40 Hz, so the Cona will wont help much. Did you check the crossovers on the M75s, I have a pair of M70s and no problems with bass what so ever.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,701 Posts
Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

The S75s goes down to 36 Hz, the Cona to 40 Hz, so the Cona will not help much. Did you check the crossovers on the S70s

I am with Søren. The M75's really should produce good bass for you. Something isn't right if they aren't. Have you checked that the Filter switch is operating correctly on your Beomaster 8000 ?

I have the Cona subwoofer paired with a pair of CX-100 speakers. It does a nice job and looks really good but my experience has been that the Cona doesn't really pump out the bass if that is what you are after. The best bass I have got from vintage B&O speakers are from the M100 speakers. In one of my rooms I have the M100's paired with some MS150's. Those do provide a very loud experience ... and the bass is good of course.  Another option to try is a dbx 120x-DS Subharmonic synthesizer. It could go between the Beomaster 8000 filter out and in plugs. The dbx allows you to dial in as much bass oomph as you like. 

sonavor

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Are you sure the woofer is operating correctly on the 75's?  Sounds odd to have little bass.

Dave.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,119 Posts
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 5:02 PM
I have older M70 speakers which are roughly the same cabinet size and have the same woofer and they do produce fantastic bass. Placement is everything, however.

Jacques

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Cooker replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 11:25 PM

Yes, they are all working correctly, no problems with them. I just notice they they Bass they produce isn't as deep as I would want. B&O did make the M100's for a reason after all in the M lineup in the late 70's.

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
728 Posts
Bronze Member
BO replied on Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:58 AM

Cooker:
I just notice they they Bass they produce isn't as deep as I would want. B&O did make the M100's for a reason after all in the M lineup in the late 70's.

The M75 and M100 share the same low frequency specs. I have the M100 and M70 and the both produce very low and precise bass (if stronger bass is needed, use the tone controls). 

//Bo.
A long list...

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL