rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 126 Replies | 3 Followers

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W posted on Thu, Sep 3 2015 5:04 PM

Well that was a surprize! No rumours of it here and just this second launched on their Instagram.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,574 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Daniel replied on Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:40 AM
Verified by reprosteve

I've been out from BeoWorld for a while. Had forgotten the hilarious reactions to coming products just based on a photo. Please hold the heavy artillery until you've seen it and heard it in real life.

All Replies

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
267 Posts
Bronze Member

This is perfect.

Essence MK2, A6, Multiroom. A6 was the missing piece to me, now I have a reason to visit my dealer .....

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
267 Posts
Bronze Member

Let me correct. No Wifi. Arggggghhhhh

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Sep 3 2015 6:14 PM

Agreed about this being a modern take on the Beosound 1. I think B&O have a winner here. Especially for those who don't have the room for an A9, this is an elegant solution. I'd have loved to see a few aluminum touches here and there, though. The fact that this has multiroom capability at it's price point is very enticing.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
1,234 Posts
Bronze Member

Another boring streaming Boom Boom Box Embarrassed Made in China.

Where is aluminum ? The trademark of Bang & Olufsen.

JanB
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
JanB replied on Thu, Sep 3 2015 6:44 PM

Burn it! Send it to hell! Ick!

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

You can't send it to hell JanB, it never lived! It's a product!

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

I think that the elegant classy lady in the H8 page would own one in her vintage apartment. She'd caress the soft touch volume panel before whizzing off in her pearly white Fiat 500 to pick up Norwegian VOSS bottled water. In the glass bottle, of course :)

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

The video on YouTube is beautifully art directed and as I mentioned, the web page looks fantastic. Probably one of the best websites around. 

lupend88
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

How do you all think this stacks up musically to the A8? I'm thinking about selling mine for this!

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
397 Posts
Bronze Member
It looks a nice bit of kit, but it's another of what we already have. It would be nice to get something that looks "b&o"

It's all blending into this " a couple of months and I will change" ... Ikea syndrome , which is fine for some .

But to me , when you bought b&o ...... People would know it was b&o.... This could be any manufactured speaker .. Which ain't looking like it should cost $1000Sad.......

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

bramble:
It looks a nice bit of kit, but it's another of what we already have. It would be nice to get something that looks "b&o"

It's all blending into this " a couple of months and I will change" ... Ikea syndrome , which is fine for some .

But to me , when you bought b&o ...... People would know it was b&o.... This could be any manufactured speaker .. Which ain't looking like it should cost $1000Sad.......

I like this a lot. It is easier to integrate than an A9 visually.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
616 Posts
Bronze Member

I like it as well and I'm curious to see the floor stand.

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
397 Posts
Bronze Member
Sorry folks but I am with beoboy68 on this...... Where is the aluminium that b&o are masters at crafting.

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
157 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't get why people are complaining about Beoplay products lacking aluminium or Bang & Olufsen design. Of course it doesn't look like Bang&Olufsen products, its a different brand with a different audience. Expecting Beoplay to be cheap version of the Bang&Olufsen products is naive. That would be a terrible buisiness plan.

Beoplay products shouldn't look like Bang&Olufsen products but sound and function like a scaled down version of them. Beoplay does this brilliantly at the moment. The multiroom gives the user a taste of the real Bang&Olufsen products, and the design and build quality should inspire the Beoplay customer to go look at Bang&Olufsen.

I have said this before, but it is very important for Beoplay to offer a scaled down Bang&Olufsen TV, just like the V1. The design of the V1 might have divided people too much with it's design, but the functionality is superb, and does a very good job at showcasing B&Os forces and strengths. It's a sure way of convincing people to buy a true Bang&Olufsen TV, and with that comes the speakers etc. 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,355 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Sep 3 2015 7:55 PM

Here is the review on Engadget http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/03/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-a6/

They seem to like it.

Page 2 of 9 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL