B&O 'Play' Products 'Discounted'...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Gold Member
Beocat47 posted on Mon, Aug 31 2015 8:25 PM

Recently I have been following the prices of some 'Play' products, such as the A2 and particularly H8 Headphones on the usual UK auction sites, and I've seen 'Buy It Now' prices of up to 30% less on products claiming to be new and in sealed packaging...

Personally I'm extremely wary of buying these without knowing where they came from, and what their guarantee status is, and in fact I intend to support my dealer when I finally decide to buy some headphones anyway.  Nonetheless I'm curious as to the origin of these discounted products. Are they grey imports? refurbished products? stock from ex-dealers? Chinese-made fakes?!

I'd really like to know how these can be sold at such large discounts, as I imagine this trade must undermine the UK dealers' ability to compete on these products. 

All Replies

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
370 Posts
Gold Member

Agents/distributors buy direct off bang & olufsen. They can sell whatever price they want. There is a store in Melb/Preston that have every Play product at a reduced rate, currently the A2 is around 18% off. The S8 is only $1350~ AUD too.

full warranty is provided, it's not a grey import or surplus stock.

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sun, Sep 6 2015 1:11 PM

hopefully my stone mason will not misread discontinued and write discounted on my gravestone..... 

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,806 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W:

Hi Beocat WOW Congrats. Awesome colour too. I believe the H8 are much alive and exciting sounding than the H6 which are flat - good for classical but not much use for dance/RnB. I'm with you on the dealer purchase - I'd still feel happy buying with the 20% off on beoplay.com too.

I'm looking forward to trying these maybe the next time I pop into the Apple showroom in Covent Garden. I'd like some new headphones for my surf adventure trip next year for the long flights and these look really classy and still youthful too.

Best of luck with them. I hope you love them for many years :)

Where are you going surfing?

x:________________________

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Michael, thanks for that buddy :) It's a 3-5month holiday so these should be ideal.

Hi Jonathan - starting off in NZ as a friend has busted moved there and then playing Bali, Fiji and Tahiti. Possible doing Aus for a few weeks too as a best friend moved to Sydney a few years ago and we haven't caught up for a while :) It's going to be a trip of a lifetime :) :) :) 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Sep 6 2015 4:24 PM
Paul W:

Hey Michael, thanks for that buddy :) It's a 3-5month holiday so these should be ideal.

Hi Jonathan - starting off in NZ as a friend has busted moved there and then playing Bali, Fiji and Tahiti. Possible doing Aus for a few weeks too as a best friend moved to Sydney a few years ago and we haven't caught up for a while :) It's going to be a trip of a lifetime :) :) :)

What an absolutely amazing trip. The H8s will be well used on those flights.
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Duels,

Well, i've always loved surfing since I was a child so friends from university and gym friends have moved all over the world so it's kind of like a big get together surfing trip with a lot of beach parties that i'll DJ at :)

We'll probably cycle and motorbike around the places too which will be amazing :) But yes, the H8's will be fab for the flights :)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Paul W:

Do you remember Fabian ?

He was on Beoworld around 2002-2006 - based in Hawaii and an avid surfer

BeoNut since '75

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant. Sadly that was before my time on BeoWorld. He sounds a very cool dude. Hawaii must be an incredible place to live :) Thanks for that Mr Elephant :)

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,806 Posts
Bronze Member
I used to have a house about 20 minutes drive from Bells. The surfing down the coast there is world class.

Let me know if you need some local knowledge of surf spots in Victoria

x:________________________

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

OMG Jonathan, that's the life!!! Healthy Healthy Healthy :) Thank you very much - much appreciated :) Very excited for the whole trip :)

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,531 Posts
Bronze Member

elephant:
Paul W:

Do you remember Fabian ?

I do! He lived in NY before the move to Hawaii.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Daniel:

Do you remember Fabian ?

I do! He lived in NY before the move to Hawaii.

And Switzerland too ... mountains and surf ... and only a small commute Devil

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL