rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 2 Followers

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,531
Bronze Member
Daniel Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2015 4:45 PM

B&O Play posted a photo from a fashion magazine on Instagram. The photo will probably look OK in the magazine. But ripped out of context it's just looks so bad on Instagram. B&O don't need bare dressed girls to sell their products. Please B&O, remove the picture and you're comments that doesn't feel 2015.

https://instagram.com/p/6otqsFwh62/

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,291
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 4:58 PM

Well I have to say I'm very happy with the advert.  The idea is to get people's attention and it certainly does that.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Bronze Member
ari replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 4:59 PM

Was there a B&O product in that picture? Couldn't tell.

(Sorry Stick out tongue)

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:07 PM
very dated form of advertising and really has no place in the modern world we or B&O live in

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Bronze Member
ari replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:11 PM

well IMO it's no secret B&O and "B&O Play" are quite independent brands to an extent, and are thus marketed and targeted differently. and this is a prime example.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,531
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:12 PM

Well, I don't think it's an ad from B&O in the magazine. I guess the magazine just use the A2 in the fashion photo. Maybe OK, but B&O shouldn't use it on Instagram and shouldn't use that comment.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 921
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:23 PM
What's wrong with you people his is a great ad!
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,611
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:35 PM

Kind of cheeky...

Butt, I have no problem with it. maybe it'll help keep B&O's finances from being in arrears.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,327
Gold Member
But if it was a man that would be OK right. The fact that it is a bit un PC makes me support it.

Nice

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,654
Bronze Member

C'mon guys - great headphone!

M😻M

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Bronze Member
ari replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:47 PM

Jeff:

Kind of cheeky...

Butt, I have no problem with it. maybe it'll help keep B&O's finances from being in arrears.

Great :D

Chris Townsend:
But if it was a man that would be OK right. The fact that it is a bit un PC makes me support it.

My thoughts exactly.

Millemissen:

C'mon guys - great headphone!

M😻M

I must repeat, I don't see any headphones there :P

On a more serious note, the fact we're all talking about it now makes the ad work :)

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,291
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:50 PM
ari:

On a more serious note, the fact we're all talking about it now makes the ad work :)

Exactly

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,376
Silver Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:55 PM

Jeff:

Kind of cheeky...

For some reason 'arrears' now brings rears and ears to mind after viewing that ad!

Graham

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:41 PM

I think the advert is great and is inspiring. Today, certainly in the UK and USA, the world is full of lazy, obese television watching people eating junk food.

I think anything that portrays a sexy and healthy body image is great and should encourage people to play sports and ditch that fat making TV and live a healthy lifestyle. It seems all the norm now for people to accept humans as being huge when in reality, this huge generation are incredibly unfit, unhealthy and possible a reason why cancer is effecting 1 out of 2 people.

We need inspiring body images to encourage children to live a healthy lifestyle to get out there a ride or play or be creative instead of playing video games, iPads and computers!

I very much like the direction for the PLAY brand and I applaud this piece of photography!

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 587
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:47 PM

Better than the collaboration with DJ Khaled, that's for sure! I still feel sick when I think about the music video the headphones were featured in... Ick!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,611
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:54 PM

As Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. 

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,327
Gold Member
Dennis:

Better than the collaboration with DJ Khaled, that's for sure! I still feel sick when I think about the music video the headphones were featured in...

I've got to say, I was on the London underground about a year ago when I saw a rastafarian sporting a pair. In that context, they looked great.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,654
Bronze Member

ari:

I must repeat, I don't see any headphones there :P

So now we know, what you are focusing on 😇

MM

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,084
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Aug 21 2015 10:16 PM

I don't see an issue...  Really.

I think the pendulum of political correctness and gender equality has swung too far.  I didn't see men in uproar over the Diet Coke ads, and I didn't see women complaining about pictures of David Beckham in his Armani briefs.

Of course, there are parameters - but a picture of a physically fit lady's behind isn't exactly in bad taste.. unless you're female, and jealous.

What we find acceptable and unacceptable is individual. You can either decide to offend nobody and simply advertise in black and white text (but I'm sure someone, somewhere could trace the typeface back to something offensive) or you advertise with some decency and hope not to offend more people than you appeal to.

B&O did not design this advert, nor did they sanction it - they just put it on Instagram after someone else had.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,138
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:11 AM
It's not a B&O picture (although they reposted it). I don't find it interesting and it confuses me that they would think all their customers would. Not everyone is straight and/or interested in seeing their products like that. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like it if the butt was instead the butt of a man. Surprisingly bad choice and not with the times. Well, at least for you guys who enjoy it I guess you can stare away at it. Since, of course, butts like that isn't very common in reality.
Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,350
Gold Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:35 AM

Duels:

Well I have to say I'm very happy with the advert.  The idea is to get people's attention and it certainly does that.

You're absolutely right. I'm sick and tired of this so-called 'political correctness'. There's nothing wrong with this Picture. If any of those rediculous 'PC' people get offended, I couldn't care less.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,350
Gold Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:42 AM

Paul W:

I think the advert is great and is inspiring. Today, certainly in the UK and USA, the world is full of lazy, obese television watching people eating junk food.

I think anything that portrays a sexy and healthy body image is great and should encourage people to play sports and ditch that fat making TV and live a healthy lifestyle. It seems all the norm now for people to accept humans as being huge when in reality, this huge generation are incredibly unfit, unhealthy and possible a reason why cancer is effecting 1 out of 2 people.

We need inspiring body images to encourage children to live a healthy lifestyle to get out there a ride or play or be creative instead of playing video games, iPads and computers!

I very much like the direction for the PLAY brand and I applaud this piece of photography!

Now - who would have thought that... I absolutely agree with everything in your post, Paul 😊 Well said (or -written).

-and why am I not surprised that only Guys from Sweden seem to have a problem with that Picture..?

Pushkin
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Pushkin replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:52 AM
100% agree - political correctness creates a fake society - am sad for the state of B&o at the moment so great that someone had the courage to push it a little, in a world where freedom of thought and expression seems to be confined to history.
Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 370
Gold Member

Great display of product, gets people talking about the brand.... 

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,806
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 4:14 AM

It's a tasteful photograph, nothing wrong here

x:________________________

Playdrv4me
Top 150 Contributor
USA
Posts 477
Bronze Member

LOL. Right now they need any attention they can get. Much ado about nothing. 

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,806
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:39 AM

Chris Townsend:

Nice

How do you know it isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD94CV7kLHE

x:________________________

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 818
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:00 PM

Should have had a man and a woman - that way, maybe 75% of people would be happy, unless of course you object to people being fit, or object to their colour, creed or object on religious grounds - these days everything is just too politically correct and somewhere, adverts stopped being fun. I dont particularly want to see naked people in an advert or things I, imho consider distasteful but this isn't offensive it's fun.

Bad adverts imo are the McDonalds (why don't they feature obese people or an eat responsibly warning?) and Go_Compare (absolutely puts me off visiting the site) adverts on the radio, anything that is advertised as a cartoon, colour washed out TV adverts (the ones that have too much brightness), Volume too loud, preaching at us like we are kids, cartoon type adverts - I could go on but there are much worst adverts out there than this, which is meant to be light hearted.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 553
Bronze Member

I mean, this nudity level you see every day on the beach (and more). I find it tasteful and minimalistic.

And would think same if it was anyone's elses - equally good looking - derrière. Regardless of skin color, sex or whatever else.

H2 is targeting young audience and I'm not shocked this add's visuals are utilizing youthful reference. Thumb up, very B&O.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,611
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 2:26 PM

If it were truly minimalist she'd have been wearing a g-string. Whistle

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,327
Gold Member

Much better

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,654
Bronze Member

There are some for whom that is not minimalistic enough  

MM

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,084
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 4:17 PM

Laughing  Let that search term autofill and drop down as you type 'G' into the search bar - and watch the reaction of those around you...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,654
Bronze Member

Since there is so much attention on this certain body part, it might be time for a new thread called:

'Your latest butt-addi(c)tion'.

Still waiting for a picture of a real beo(world)-butt 😋

MM

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,376
Silver Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 8:39 PM

9 LEE:

Laughing  Let that search term autofill and drop down as you type 'G' into the search bar - and watch the reaction of those around you...

And both Google and Windows 10 will have captured that search for eternity............

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,320
Gold Member
tournedos replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 8:42 PM

I have found myself reassessing that picture each time this thread pops up.

--mika

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 9:25 PM

UK Musclemania bodybuilder posing with H6s!!! This is a very popular FB page for young fitness guys so great 'exposure' for B&O PLAY.

https://www.facebook.com/musclemania/photos/pb.137054429658332.-2207520000.1440274590./1003093549721078/?type=1&theater

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,384
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 9:54 PM
Posters tend to repeat that it's an ad by B&O. To my knowledge it's not. It's a picture from a fashion shoot, where they used the earphones as props.

The picture B&O posted is however probably a cutout from a bigger image.

I personally find it not that tasteful.

But it's not an ad.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,654
Bronze Member

It is just a photo from a fashion shoot.

No big deal.

Let's move on!

MM

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,384
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Aug 22 2015 9:59 PM
Millemissen:

It is just a photo from a fashion shoot.

No big deal.

Let's move on!

MM

Agree.

That's what I tried to say Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 1 of 2 (49 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL