rated by 0 users
This post has 85 Replies | 4 Followers

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:30 PM

That's shocking and rather cheeky news Sheffield. 

Maybe the PLAY brand has to be viewed as an on-line sales brand along with being able to buy it practically anywhere even in Sainsburys (for the A8). 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,427
Gold Member
SHEFFIELD:

A couple of weeks ago I sold a regular customer (already bought Avant etc) a pair of H8. He emailed me this morning saying he wanted to return them for a refund as he could now get 20% of from the B&O having completed a questionnaire....

Living the retail dream??!!

If they aren't defective or of merchantable quality then no, you can't have a refund.

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,392
Bronze Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:32 PM

Signed-up for BeoPlay emails earlier today, but did not get the survey invitation, so it may be that the survey/discount offer is over.

Hope that 'Sheffield' resolve things with their customer; surely there's no need to give a refund..... just a need to consider whether to match the discount on a further purchase.

Graham

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 991
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:09 AM

SHEFFIELD:

A couple of weeks ago I sold a regular customer (already bought Avant etc) a pair of H8. He emailed me this morning saying he wanted to return them for a refund as he could now get 20% of from the B&O having completed a questionnaire....

Don't worry once you splash out on the new store concept, customers will flock to you to see the main product range.............

Then the same customers could go to a registered custom installer (with perhaps a direct account with B&O ) to buy the very same thing you just superbly demonstrated.

It could all be a very convenient experience for the prospective clients. as the custom installer may only be YARDS from your front door,

What is so good and adds totally to the great customer experience is that once you have brilliantly demonstrated the BeoPlay product, which the client then purchases from the BeosPlay website, he can come back and benefit from your experience and skill in a beautiful demo and product proposal for a system based on the brilliant new Avant 55, which he can conveniently by from the custom installer maybe next door.....

To totally fulfil this superb customer experience is when the customer has an issue he can come and see you and expect the best in after sales service in you lavish and expensive retail store.

Does anybody thnk there is a future for my vision of solus B&O stores?

Playdrv4me
Top 150 Contributor
USA
Posts 477
Bronze Member

Too bad that other than the A9 and maybe the V1 none of the play line is of interest to me anyway. I signed up for the newsletter but didn't get crap, either. 

30-35 percent off the A9 would be a treat though ;)

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,392
Bronze Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:58 PM

StUrrock:

SHEFFIELD:

Don't worry once you splash out on the new store concept, customers will flock to you to see the main product range.............

Then the same customers could go to a registered custom installer (with perhaps a direct account with B&O ) to buy the very same thing you just superbly demonstrated.

It could all be a very convenient experience for the prospective clients. as the custom installer may only be YARDS from your front door,

What is so good and adds totally to the great customer experience is that once you have brilliantly demonstrated the BeoPlay product, which the client then purchases from the BeosPlay website, he can come back and benefit from your experience and skill in a beautiful demo and product proposal for a system based on the brilliant new Avant 55, which he can conveniently by from the custom installer maybe next door.....

To totally fulfil this superb customer experience is when the customer has an issue he can come and see you and expect the best in after sales service in you lavish and expensive retail store.

Does anybody thnk there is a future for my vision of solus B&O stores?

Some years ago I heard that a certain footballer then playing for Liverpool was able to get the team B&O equipment direct from Denmark at a discount, and did so on a large scale.

Later, the Liverpool B&O store would be called on to sort out guarantee and connectivity issues. I have no idea whether this story was true, but if it was it just strikes me how people who can afford the best will still exploit retailers to save a few pounds, even though it puts at risk the local dealer they might need for help!

Graham

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 201
Bronze Member
Marcello replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:11 PM

vikinger:

Some years ago I heard that a certain footballer then playing for Liverpool was able to get the team B&O equipment direct from Denmark at a discount, and did so on a large scale.

Later, the Liverpool B&O store would be called on to sort out guarantee and connectivity issues. I have no idea whether this story was true, but if it was it just strikes me how people who can afford the best will still exploit retailers to save a few pounds, even though it puts at risk the local dealer they might need for help!

Graham

You should ask Swiss dealers what happened when the Swiss National Bank dropped the EUR/CHF peg at 1.2... Italian, French and German dealers made hundreds of sales to swiss customers. Before the price drop which occurred in spring, I told my local dealer I would have got my BV11-55 in Italy instead of CH. I ended up paying 6400 EUR (total sum including deduction of IT VAT and addition of 8% CH VAT) instead of around 11'000 CHF. My local dealer could not blame me, and blamed B&O for their policy in applying the same price in different countries regardless of different VAT tax (the SNB decision only made things worse).

So it's not a matter of how much money you have. When savings approach 40% it's hard to say no.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,612
Bronze Member

Order A2 black copperSmile

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beosound Stage....Beoplay S3....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,147
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:28 PM

StUrrock:

This is known as "Showrooming" apparently !!!!

LINK TO THE PHRASE

There's a name for everything these days..  LOL

Lee

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Sat, Aug 15 2015 12:19 AM

9 LEE:

StUrrock:

LINK TO THE PHRASE

There's a name for everything these days..  LOL

Lee

There are companies that are very successful at selling products online but also have stores.  Apple has over 400 stores which do sell products but their stores are mostly for demonstrating products and customer support.  The majority of their products are purchased online.

A friend just purchased a Tesla Model S online and it was delivered to his home,  Tesla has a store nearby where you can test drive the car and get an explanation of the various features by a Tesla representative who is salaried.  In less than 3 years, they have sold 55000 cars.

I just purchased the black and copper A2 on Amazon.  I can send it back for any reason.  If I were to go to the B&O store, I would have to pay $15 for parking and deal with an uninterested sales person who would rather I buy something else for at least $10,000.

The point I am trying to make is that there are many ways to sell a product and that most people don't really care about a traditional dealer.  

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 520
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

LINK TO THE PHRASE

There's a name for everything these days.. LOL

Lee

Showrooming is....

Theft of service.

Pure and simple.

Sorry if you don't agree. Facts are facts.

Bottom feeders.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Sat, Aug 15 2015 8:58 AM

linder:
The point I am trying to make is that there are many ways to sell a product and that most people don't really care about a traditional dealer.  

And the point is also as you say indirectly, there are also many ways for a customer to buy a product.

Almost instinctively, people in general will try to find the best deal they can get - this is otherwise called 'market forces' and is a result of competition (fairly or unfairly).  I always look for the best deal on an item I know I want to buy.  This usually involves internet searches and selection of a provider.  If I think I know what I want to buy, I first research using online reviews and also, I will go to a high street showroom and look at the item to see if it is exactly what I want/need or expect from it.  I don't ask for help or advice from the shop so don't take up their time and they can deal with another customer.

It is up to the shop to be competative or offer additions that can't be found online - i.e. customer service.  Unfortunately, a lot of sales people don't know the meaning of this phrase or are completely indifferent.  Some shops of course offer the best of both worlds - have a store and products available online - sometimes at a discounted price.  A sensible approach.

I have also looked at the Tesla Model S in Birmingham with my son on a recent visit to the UK.  The staff were awesome and extremely helpful and knowledgable about the product they represented.  It was my sons third visit and he obviously had no way of buying one (yet) but he was still welcomed like a friend.  My understanding from them is that they do not earn commission so there wasn't one word about 'selling' or 'buying' the car and we were there over an hour.  This seems to be a different approach to some B&O stores where even on this site, there have been so many complaints about the lack of product knowledge or complete lack of interest towards a potential customer - to the extent that people have just turned around and walked out of the store.  Not surprising then that B&O have taken to the online store concept.  If some of their salespeople won't sell things, or even relate with a customer, why not sell directly to the customer with free shipping to their home and an extended warranty!

The high street is changing as shopping habits change.  It's up to companies to try to keep up.

I don't believe many people would give up the chance to save 20% on an item if they could - especially a high value item such as Hi-Fi, furniture, a car etc.  Some will battle over pennies as a discount.

If you go and view a car you fancy in one showroom and are given a price, I don't know anyone who would accept that offer.  First thing you do is go to another showroom and try to discount the same car with them.  This doesn't make people low lifes.  It's how things work and are expected to work by those sales people themselves.  They then have to adapt to that circumstance.

Anyhow, my 20% discounted A9 is shipped and will be here on Monday.  Before I bought it, I noticed that online I can still actually buy a new A9 for slightly less but from an unknown seller.  In that case, I'd rather support the B&O brand.

Dave.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sat, Aug 15 2015 2:06 PM
Went to see a dealer when the Avant was launched took my name Ect but no ongoing info on anything new,invites ect and they are closeish to me and I have been a 2nd time to.Asked for my info to keep me informed which was given so on email.

I get info, invites from two other dealers which are 80 to 150 miles away and I have been to them twice but not for a few years.wish I could travel to pop in as always keep me informed and would like to support them!

If you feel welcomed you go back I guess and know you would get the support for the products you bought.

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 262
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD replied on Sun, Aug 16 2015 2:39 PM

A young guy came in the shop on Saturday, new to the brand and interested in buying A2. I gave him an engaging demonstration along with Beolit 15. He then mentioned something about 20% discount for filling in a survey, I said I had heard something about it but couldn't participate in the offer - he said he'd be back later....

Unbelievable I know, but 30 mins later came back and purchased the A2 for £299!

What were the chances of that happening???

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:51 PM

SHEFFIELD:
I gave him an engaging demonstration along with Beolit 15. ...  but 30 mins later came back and purchased the A2 for £299! 

There is always something to be said for a welcoming store, and good customer interactions. Lets have a Party !!!

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Sun, Aug 16 2015 4:03 PM

SHEFFIELD:

A young guy came in the shop on Saturday, new to the brand and interested in buying A2. I gave him an engaging demonstration along with Beolit 15. He then mentioned something about 20% discount for filling in a survey, I said I had heard something about it but couldn't participate in the offer - he said he'd be back later....

Unbelievable I know, but 30 mins later came back and purchased the A2 for £299!

What were the chances of that happening???

Great news.  You obviously engaged him well and met or exceeded his expectations for customer service.  A nice story.  Hopefully he'll be back in the future if he can expand his range of products.  Can't blame him either for mentioning the 20% in the hope that you'd match it.  I'd do the same!

Dave.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Aug 16 2015 4:27 PM

There's also something to be said for instant gratification. The customer got what he wanted right then and there, instead of waiting a few days - and was willing to pay for getting it right away.

Playdrv4me
Top 150 Contributor
USA
Posts 477
Bronze Member
Playdrv4me replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 11:00 AM

The dealership network in the U.S. is *much* different than it is in the UK and Europe in general. 75 percent of this country, if not more, doesn't even have a B&O shop within 100 miles. Most B&O here is traded second hand or purchased online. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,147
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 11:34 AM

I think customers should be given a print-out voucher for 20% off to take to their local dealer providing they have one within a set radius.  I then think B&O should partner up and subsidise 10%.

That way the dealer gets a new customer for taking a small hit on profit, B&O make a sale, and someone to actually gets to see the products they make in real life... hopefully to buy more kit on the spot, or in the future.

Many an electrical chain has gone bust thanks to people seeing it in store then buying it cheaper online.  This model only favours the customer and the manufacturer - not the retailer.

Maybe it's me, but also I'd never buy an audio or video product on the strength of an online review!!

Lee

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 12:40 PM

9 LEE:
Maybe it's me, but also I'd never buy an audio or video product on the strength of an online review!!

I agree Lee, me neither!  In fact I'd expand that to any electrical product above a certain value.

I think your suggestion is a perfectly reasonable one regarding the printable voucher.  I suppose that one thing limiting/prohibiting that is people may run off multiple copies and dish them out to anyone who wants one (some would actually be tempted to sell them!).  B&O only want one voucher to be used per person.  This of course could be solved easily  but maybe too much bother for them to do?  It's also been aimed at people who have already registered for the newsletters or further information so is targetted to those who are interested in the brand and not available to all.

Dave.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,504
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

I think customers should be given a print-out voucher for 20% off to take to their local dealer providing they have one within a set radius. I then think B&O should partner up and subsidise 10%.

That way the dealer gets a new customer for taking a small hit on profit, B&O make a sale, and someone to actually gets to see the products they make in real life... hopefully to buy more kit on the spot, or in the future.

Many an electrical chain has gone bust thanks to people seeing it in store then buying it cheaper online. This model only favours the customer and the manufacturer - not the retailer.

Lee

Exactly. I'd rather go in to a store too as if something goes wrong you also know where you can get it fixed and have contact with people. Appreciate that others prefer online only.
David Andel
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:
Exactly. I'd rather go in to a store too as if something goes wrong you also know where you can get it fixed and have contact with people. Appreciate that others prefer online only.

This only works if you never move to another place or your dealer is never giving up. Quite seldom in our days.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:52 PM

9 LEE:

I think customers should be given a print-out voucher for 20% off to take to their local dealer providing they have one within a set radius.  I then think B&O should partner up and subsidise 10%.

Many an electrical chain has gone bust thanks to people seeing it in store then buying it cheaper online.  This model only favours the customer and the manufacturer - not the retailer.

Lee

That's the big issue, the retailer. This kind of thing works for Apple, look at the store, if you decide to buy do it online, because all Apple stores are company owned and operated. Apple books the sale regardless. B&O books the sale regardless of if they buy online or from a store, and for a B&O owned store this is in line with Apple's model. However, since a large percentage of B&O stores are owned by individual franchisees, things like this and encouraging people to go look and then buy online thru outlets with a discount completely screws over the independent dealer.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 596
Bronze Member

I tend to buy online if I believe there is no added value a B&O shop can provide, and price difference from online or electronic retailers is substantial.

So for sure Avant or Moment would not qualify for online shopping. Beoplay A2 very much yes.

I think in this fully interconnected world of transparent global pricing, B&O stores might also want to reconsider when keeping a list price on highly transactional products is sustainable and when it is not. 

And no, I will not shop around for 30 EUR price difference, but 100 EUR difference on H8 (499 EUR list price product) is - sorry to say that - tempting.

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 262
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 9:48 PM

Speaking from a dealers perspective, it is all about relationships. The one with the customer who walks in for the store for first time and is bowled over by the performance of the A2, to the long standing customer that has everything apart from the Lab5s. They all deserve and receive the same courteous and enthusiastic reception from myself and my staff.

I'm sure that there aren't any B&O dealers in the UK that are so busy that they can't manage customer expectation to the level deserved?

I personally like to support real shops, and will pay for good customer service - I will never buy a book from Amazon whilst Waterstones exists...

I guess being a store owner I have a different perspective to that of the purchaser looking for the best deal?

Better climb down from the pulpit before I get shot down!

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 10:04 PM

I hope nobody shoots you down.  You are correct in that 'real shops' are vitally important for the people who work in them, own them, rely on them etc and the high street would vanish without them.  That doesn't mean there isn't a place for online stores.

My memories of B&O stores albeit from 25 years ago was one of too many sales people and too few customers (who thought B&O too unreachable for them) so the sales people were kicking their heels yet still had no real interest in potential clients.  To be fair, I last went into the Manchester shop with my kids last year and was made most welcome there.  It was the same in the old Horsham store where again their service was exceptional.  They both knew of my interest in B&O because of my collection and past buying so maybe the attitude towards me was different to someone else coming in off the street.

A salesperson should never judge a person by their looks and should anticipate the unexpected.  My father was a car salesman and when a scruffy and dirty Irish 'worker' appeared in the showroom carrying a shovel, a pick and two plastic bags everyone except my father ran for cover.  My father sold him a car on the spot for cash (in the two bags) and he then ordered several more cars for the guys that worked for him in a big roadworking company of which he was the owner.  Similar happened to me when I wanted to buy a BMW estate car in Manchester  I had the money in the bank but when I went into the dealership to order one (having just parked my Ford Sierra estate on the forecourt) I was completely ignored even when I tried to approach the salespeople.  Talk about snobbery.  I walked straight out and have never looked at a BMW again.

Nice to know that Sheffield have the right attitude.  I must pay them a visit some day when I'm back in the UK.

Dave.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Aug 17 2015 10:15 PM

My nearest, albeit not very near, dealer is located in a very high end shopping mall, the rent must be eye bleeding. Often I'm the only person in there though, and I am not a snappy dresser, too many years of being an engineering lab rat and diver means I'm definitely on the sloppy casual side of things. Have always been treated very well, and in the last 3 times I've been there I've bought something two of the times, H8 once, Beolit 15 the last time.

They are very service oriented, and it's a shame when dealers aren't. I think when I lived back in Florida many businesses didn't really dare to judge people too much by their dress, as it was a very casual part of the country. The dude wandering in wearing shorts and flip flops might be a beach bum, might be a well off business owner or such, or might be a laid back, very wealthy drug dealer. Stick out tongue

Jeff

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,504
Bronze Member

David Andel:

Aussie Michael:

This only works if you never move to another place or your dealer is never giving up. Quite seldom in our days.

Well yes, this is also true. 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,504
Bronze Member

Jeff:
That's the big issue, the retailer. This kind of thing works for Apple, look at the store, if you decide to buy do it online, because all Apple stores are company owned and operated. Apple books the sale regardless. B&O books the sale regardless of if they buy online or from a store, and for a B&O owned store this is in line with Apple's model. However, since a large percentage of B&O stores are owned by individual franchisees, things like this and encouraging people to go look and then buy online thru outlets with a discount completely screws over the independent dealer.

It's interesting as Apple is now trying to get people to purchase online and pick it up in store - we saw this with the Apple watch. 

I also never rely on peoples reviews - especially online ones.  I always go on what I feel is better for me.  

Interestingly I have just come back from Japan and in Haneda airport they had just 1 BL15 in pink left and the other colours with stickers over the top of the price list "sold out".  There were a few A2s and the Black Copper one was a lot cheaper than the others... but they didn't have any stock, otherwise I would have bought one.

I consider a retailer, not only a B&O shop, but a shop that stocks B&O. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:08 PM

I agree about online reviews, even reviews in magazines. If you read enough online reviews you come to inescapable conclusion that a lot of people out there are either barking at the moon insane or dumber than a bag full of hammers, or both! Surprise

Especially true for AV equipment, what one person finds acceptable will usually be what I consider atrocious. I want eyes and ears on it, at least for displays and speakers. Other electronics aren't that critical other than functionality in my experience. I bought my Oppo sight unseen due to it's reputation and specs, and have not been disappointed at all!

Jeff

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,807
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Wed, Aug 19 2015 5:51 AM

Aussie Michael:

Jeff:

It's interesting as Apple is now trying to get people to purchase online and pick it up in store - we saw this with the Apple watch. 

I also never rely on peoples reviews - especially online ones.  I always go on what I feel is better for me.  

Interestingly I have just come back from Japan and in Haneda airport they had just 1 BL15 in pink left and the other colours with stickers over the top of the price list "sold out".  There were a few A2s and the Black Copper one was a lot cheaper than the others... but they didn't have any stock, otherwise I would have bought one.

I consider a retailer, not only a B&O shop, but a shop that stocks B&O. 

I'll be there in two weeks, I'll have a look!

x:________________________

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,504
Bronze Member
There's only one of the duty frees there that offer B&O. It's the larger one that is sort of U shaped
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,574
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 8:16 PM

With three hours left of the 20 % discount offer I ordered a pair of H8.

Even if I needed a new pair of headphones as my Form 1's from late 80's (first B&O for me) is beyond salvation (foam parts are dissolving) I'm not sure I would buy any headphones right now. The offer for 20 % made the decision, so no shop missed a sale.

There's a good chance (if bluetooth works) I will recommend them to others and they can buy from nearby shop without discount. So I believe it was a good move from BeoPlay with this survey and discount.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 9:03 PM

With my enclosed 15% vouchers, I've just ordered 2 more A2's.  One to pair at home for stereo playing with an existing A2 and another for my wife to take to work as it's small enough to hide in a drawer at the end of the day.  So a good marketing ploy too.

Dave.

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Leif replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 9:27 PM

Hi, you would not be disappointed. I recently trade in my new H6, a gift from my lovely wife, to a pair of H8. And I will never regret.

It's just a delicious headset. Both to use - the way they sound, the look, the touch and the feeling - awesome.
My colleaques envy me.
I love the noise reduction function, it simply takes the life - litterary - of my co-workers dayli noise  (phone talking, smalltalk, radio listening e.g.)
I remember Herman Hermits call it The roaring Silence for one of their album

Very easy to switch on / off if you become curious for what happens around you.  
The bluetooth connect rapidly to whatever I have tried. Nice to be without a cable - the one with H6 is a really short one. Ok for phones and players
but not for domestic use.
The battery last well enough for a - even long - work day - great.
William from the old Pioneer ads would be rotating in his grave if he were told about them.
(I don't know if foreigners know him, but he was very popular in the old Danish radio & televison / electronic magazines back in the early 1970).
If appreciated I will scan some and attached one of the coming days.
Going through a review to B&O I wrote the following wishes for the next update:
1) Auto cut off after some time without sound - to spare battery life.
2) Better sound in the middle area with Noise-reduction on - Some kind of loudness or lack of volumes could occur. Just a little work with the
    equellizer cure it.
3) Less sensitivity for the calling button - twisting around with the fingers for volume regulation could make a call. Just some training and it never
    happens again.
4) Volume regulation doesn't work with cable - my old 1967 Beolab 5000 hasn't either remote or Bluetooth ;-)

Best rgds, Leif
Please don't kick me for spelling mistakes - it's getting late and dark.

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 10:52 PM

Just ordered my second A2.. Another early christmas gift from me, to me :)

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,504
Bronze Member

Very well Lief i agree with you.  I thought the H8 wouldn't be great and i just love it.  I also find that the on ear controls don't work with the cable, but I think that's how it is supposed to be.  Those are the controls with bluetooth - and i love the noise cancelling.

Norman, love your style: I love a present to me, from me, too :-) 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
Speaking of loving the H8, I fielded a phone call today, and the caller said "that's the most mellow I have heard you in ages - what's up?"

I said that I had been working quietly for several hours while listening to streaming music.

I should have added that they were H8s wired and with ANC on Laughing instead of Apple's white ear buds Whistle

BeoNut since '75

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:52 PM
I'm green with envy. Never received a survey from Play and a 20 % reduction. Could have gone with an alu Beolit 15 and extra black handle now available on site.

Can you use your 20 % in store or is it just on the site ?
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,574
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Tue, Sep 1 2015 4:11 PM

BeoGreg:
I'm green with envy. Never received a survey from Play and a 20 % reduction. Could have gone with an alu Beolit 15 and extra black handle now available on site.

Can you use your 20 % in store or is it just on the site ?

It was just on Beoplay.com, just once  (even if you then could buy several items), and it ended August 31.

Page 2 of 3 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL