B&O Play Survey - or a 20% off sale

rated by 0 users
This post has 85 Replies | 4 Followers

Mark
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Mark Posted: Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:21 PM

Received an e-mall from Play today. For completing a 3 minute questionnaire I am rewarded with a 20% discount off everything on the site (previously reduced items excluded). Given the nature of the questions this feels like a sales promotion rather than an in depth effort to understand their customers.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 473
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:39 PM
Mark:

Received an e-mall from Play today. For completing a 3 minute questionnaire I am rewarded with a 20% discount off everything on the site (previously reduced items excluded). Given the nature of the questions this feels like a sales promotion rather than an in depth effort to understand their customers.

Off to get an a9Stick out tongue!
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 5:24 PM

I just completed my survey... I wonder what I want????

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 6:48 PM

Yes, I've just received mine. That's quite a decent discount isn't it! I hope that B&O look after their hard working dealers too with these offers or else it's very tough for them.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,234
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:09 PM
Really, it is not fair for BeoDealers.

I hate this marketing made by Tue Mantoni. No - thumbs down

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:34 PM
How do I get an email and a discount??????
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:38 PM

Hi Duels,

Sign up for their newsletter on beoplay.com and hopefully you'll receive an Email :)

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:41 PM
Cheers Paul. It's done.

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 267
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 8:12 PM

I think this may be a US promotion

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 473
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:00 PM
jk1002:

It applies to the UK
Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:35 PM

jk1002:

I'm in France and got it.  It seems to be everyone who has signed up for Beoplay info via the website.  I'm torn as to what to buy now!  20% is a huge chunk off some things.

Dave.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:13 PM
BeoBoy68:

Really, it is not fair for BeoDealers.

I hate this marketing made by Tue Mantoni.

Another nail in the coffin for B&O Play for B1 dealers. Complete lack of respect and communication from B&O once again towards their hard working dealer network.
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,234
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:19 AM
w5bno123:

Another nail in the coffin for B&O Play for B1 dealers. Complete lack of respect and communication from B&O once again towards their hard working dealer network.

Completely agree.

In the past, Bang & Olufsen never did those discount.

Very bad communication, not reserved for a premium brand.

Lack of respect for dealers and customers either. No - thumbs down

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 921
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:35 AM
Just to be clear... You all are complaining because in exchange for telling the company how they can do better you are offered a discount??

The members here are something else sometimes.
Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,807
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 6:17 AM

I get the impression the complaints are not about receiving a discount for simply answering a few questions, rather the ethics of cutting out the loyal B&O dealers who pay a fortune in franchising fees. B&O are directly undercutting their own resellers! It's a bit like throwing sand in their faces!

Perhaps they could provide the option of a single use discount voucher that can be presented in stores. It could have a unique barcode that tracks the purchase as well.

This promotion is not available in Australia, as the online store is not available to us....

x:________________________

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,368
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:20 AM

Perhaps the dealers are getting their stock of the discounted items at a slightly reduced rate from B&O?

It is possible.

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,368
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:20 AM

Perhaps the dealers are getting their stock of the discounted items at a slightly reduced rate from B&O?

It is possible.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:31 AM

It's interesting. The availability of this discount has got me wondering whether to treat my two boys to an A2 each. (They don't yet know that they want one but they do!!). If I do, then I will see if my local dealer wants to / is able to offer a similar discount. It's up to the dealers themselves to decide if they want to try to drive more volume using the discount structure.

But it is only the discount that has prompted me to consider the purchase in this case.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:35 AM

Jonathan:

Ithe online store is not available to us....

That's a bit rubbish.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,280
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:02 AM
It's actually a very clever psychological ploy. I'm about to hit the button on buying an A9 but wouldn't have done so otherwise. So, I'm not really saving 20%, I'm actually spending 80% that I wouldn't have beforehand!

Never mind, my wife is also suckered by this offer and is happy for me to get it. Happiness all around (unless you're in Oz).

Dave
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,539
Bronze Member

Happiness is a warm offer - as John Lennon used to sing 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:51 AM

I agree, it's a very very generous offer and very nice for a first time buyer that maybe would not use the traditional showroom approach. Maybe Beo Play should have its own separate boutique style compact shops like MINI does to BMW or those little Nespresso style shops. I bet one in Monoco would do very well :) 

It is great to see the H6 teamed with the highly respected Rapha cycling apparel. Cyclists are incredibly loyal to their sport and accessories, this may of opened up a new market for Play. Maybe A2s or the new S3 speaker should team with travel, something like Rimowa suitcases or should feature in a travel promotion in the worldwide Conde Nest Traveller magazines!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:07 PM
It would be interesting to see the results of this exercise. Offer 20% off to a whole bunch of people who may never have been into a store. Having captured their contact details through the questionnaire/email see how that converts into other possibly much larger purchases over the coming years. Anybody buying an avant or BV13 (or whatever it will be called in future) will be handing over their contact details.
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:45 PM

True Duels.

I'd like to see Tue Montani offer a real customer experience with Play. Starting with beautifully put together packing and wrapping following Apple's lead or ASSOS with their cycling shorts. Having a beautifully designed charging adaptor for the A2/S3/BeoLit 15 etc. AND a written insert - this is vital. I remember buying my first B&O, A Century and inside the box was a note from the CEO saying 'Now that we are going to live together'. It told about his first experience and made the customer really feel as though they'd bought into something really special. To me, things like this really go the extra thousand miles! AND, I remember my disappointment of not finding a note like that when I unboxed my BV6!!! Little things like that can go a long way!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,429
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 1:03 PM

I like the idea of some sort of note which gives the personal touch and agree stuff like this is important to the customer experience.  Perhaps a variety of messages would be required, as to get the same one when I bought my H2s, H3s and A2 within a few months might have negated the impact.

I most definitely do feel that I get this level of attention to detail from my dealer in Sheffield.

I'm going to check-out the packaging that my play stuff came in (I've still got the boxes for some reason) and compare it to the packaging for my ipad and macbook.  I've never felt that B&Os was inferior to Apples (I love both sets of products for the record) but am intrigued by your comments so need a side-by side comparison.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 1:11 PM

The guys at Sheffield are brilliant!

Packaging can be incredible, I'm just looking at ranges for an athlete that I mage who has now launched a clothing line, again, it's the personal touch that we are going for!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 1:45 PM
Jonathan:

I get the impression the complaints are not about receiving a discount for simply answering a few questions, rather the ethics of cutting out the loyal B&O dealers who pay a fortune in franchising fees. B&O are directly undercutting their own resellers! It's a bit like throwing sand in their faces!

Perhaps they could provide the option of a single use discount voucher that can be presented in stores. It could have a unique barcode that tracks the purchase as well.

This promotion is not available in Australia, as the online store is not available to us....

x:________________________

Got a survey today ... no discount as stated ... however I am now in the lottery for a BV11 ... Oops maybe I should not have told the whole of A/NZ about that Surprise

BeoNut since '75

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Bronze Member

The dealers are getting paid still. Every transaction online goes to the delivery address's local dealer. B&O isn't keeping anything. Come off it a little and enjoy a BeoPlay discount without inventing some sort of controversy. MJMedlo is right. This place is too much sometimes. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut on the 30%-35% off one time Play discounts I have. Wouldn't want the forums to ignite on the great value someone might get on a new Play product. Confused 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 615
Bronze Member

elephant:
... however I am now in the lottery for a BV11

Hey! Keeping fingers crossed for you. :)

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 5:15 PM

Offer 20%

What a pity, Essence is't on BeoPlay Sad

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,577
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 7:34 PM

Got my invitation to the survey and 20 % off today.

Mark
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 7:43 PM

Trouble is that I already have an A2 (great portable speaker), Beolit 12 - early adopter and replaced once under warranty (at 2yr 10 months as battery died) and a pair of H6s.  TV is a Beovision 10 (with some older TV's in spare bedroom and garage) coupled to a 3200 and a pair of 6000s. So not really sure what to do with my 20% discount.....Smile

Mark
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 7:43 PM

Trouble is that I already have an A2 (great portable speaker), Beolit 12 - early adopter and replaced once under warranty (at 2yr 10 months as battery died) and a pair of H6s.  TV is a Beovision 10 (with some older TV's in spare bedroom and garage) coupled to a 3200 and a pair of 6000s. So not really sure what to do with my 20% discount.....Smile

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,577
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 7:53 PM

Survey finished. The discount is a link to the Beoplay site with 20 % already cut from all the prices. Very tempting! Valid to 31 of August.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:12 PM

With the younger generation in mind I think it's a good offer.
They "live" online and have absolutely no problems with online sales and "experiences".
So, 20% discount is a nice idea and much better than most of those silly discounts where other companies advertise "10%" but with a footnote that you have to buy a minimum of X combined with C before getting the discount. Smile

I think the packaging does NOT need to be special. You don't buy a watch. Improving the packaging or delivering a "designer packaging" only increases the cost unnecassary and it's dumb because 99% of the people will throw the packaging into the garbage.And I seriously don't know anybody that keeps his TV packaging because it's so beautiful. Big Smile The costs need to flow into research and development of the product!
"Bling bling" packaging does not fit into the discreet appearance of Bang & Olufsen products.

Martin
Not Ranked
Sweden, Skövde
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:14 PM

Thought about the beolit 15 out of stock and the buy button is just a contact me when it's back. What a left down.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:36 PM

Not sure I agree with you TWG. Bling Bling packaging is the opposite of great packaging. If you look at the Apple minimalist packaging you'll see exactly what I mean. To me, it's an extension of good craftsmanship. Assos is a great example for their cycling bib shorts as opposed to Caselli which come in a cheap plastic bag which for a premium brand is rather unforgivable.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:38 PM

However, I do agree with you about the youngsters on line. I buy everything on line and have for the last 10+ years. For me, it's great as I can buy from anywhere in the world and support small communities.

Martin
Not Ranked
Sweden, Skövde
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:40 PM

H8 out of stock also.

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 262
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD replied on Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:49 PM

A couple of weeks ago I sold a regular customer (already bought Avant etc) a pair of H8. He emailed me this morning saying he wanted to return them for a refund as he could now get 20% of from the B&O having completed a questionnaire....

Living the retail dream??!!

Page 1 of 3 (86 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL