Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Does a Bang and Olufsen 7000 VCR work with any TV?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Ryan
Not Ranked
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Ryan posted on Mon, Aug 3 2015 8:36 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this.

I've just ordered a B&O 7000 VCR as I wanted something relatively high quality to transfer video content from my Milgia Directors Cut Take 2. I thought the 7000 would fit the bill as it has seven tape heads. However, I've been told by someone that these units only work with Bang and Olufsen TV's and that it will not work with anything else. I also wanted to use it on my 50" Samsung Plasma via SCART with the unit after i've finished transferring. My Sony VCR packed up last year. I don't really want it for recording to be honest, just for play back.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work though, the unit appears to have a figure of 8 power cable and all standard RCA, SCART and RF too. It doesn't appear to have anything proprietary.

Hope someone can help

Ryan

All Replies

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
630 Posts
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 8:41 PM

It should work fine, obviously you won't be able to use all of the functions from a Beo4 remote with a Beovision TV though.

Ben

Ryan
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 8:49 PM

Thats fine, the unit didn't actually come with a remote annoyingly. I am bidding on an older B&O 1000 remote for it. Fingers cross this actually works. As long as I am able to play, pause and rewind etc I'm not too fussed.

Ryan
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 9:10 PM

I've just checked and apparently online it says Upon its release the VX7000 was controlled via a Beolink 1000 when connected to a suitable BeoVision TV.  Does this mean the remote isn't going to work with the unit unless its connected to a B&O TV?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

It was originally made for the BeoLink 1000, and later modified for the Beo4.

But it can only be (remote) controlled through a BeoVision.

The VX5000 had the possibility of connecting an external ir-eye - the VX Sensor.

It could this way be controlled with BL1000, when connected to an older B&O-tv respectively to a non-B&O tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 10:15 PM

I know all about this. I have a DVD1 which originally I bought with a BV6. I use the DVD1 with a Panasonic TV in my library room and all I can control on the DVD1 is 'PLAY/PAUSE" so frustrating!

Panasonic are generally regarded as the best manufacturer of VHS machines rjnicko so if you don't have any luck with your 7000 (which I believe is Hitachi sourced), try for a Panasonic on Ebay.

Ryan
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 6:46 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone its been a huge help. I'll keep the B&O for the meantime, have to use an old crappy VCR for rewinding etc. However, if anyone in the UK wants to buy a B&O 1000 Remote control, as its obviously not going to work with this unit. Then they can have what I paid which was £33.00

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,807 Posts
Bronze Member

Note B&O DVD players and VCRs do not have Infrared sensors, so they cannot receive commands from a remote control. The B&O television does this job.

x:________________________

Ryan
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 7:57 AM

Thanks for the info. The guy I ordered this from was luckily selling a V6000 unit with manual controls on the front, so I've bought that one now instead. 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,968 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 9:56 AM

This is a problem - the VX7000 is a good machine - probably better than the V6000 which is a completely difference device. The VX5000 and 5500 are possibly the best but have all sorts of reliability issues. The VX5000 has a full set of controls on it which makes life a lot easier. I have a fair collection, none of which are used any more!

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,968 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 10:11 AM

Of course the other issue is that with most HD sets, VCR pictures are going to be a bit rubbish!! Smile

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL