complete beosystem 5500 winth penta 1's

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

cee
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
cee posted on Mon, Jul 20 2015 7:55 AM

I recently found myself a nice complete beosystem 5500 with active beolab penta 1's.

And allthough I have no real complaints, even the opposite, I'm thrilled about them, there are some little issues.

Allthough the speakers play perfectly I find it a pitty that I only had one 4 pin DIN speaker plug included, and for that reason only one of the two penta displays is working, Anyone who could offer me a spare 4 PIN DIN would get my eternal gratitude, they seem to be really hard to find?

Furthermore the CD50 that was included plays well, but doesn't open anymore, I still need to do some research on the exact reason for that.

The beogram turntable works but the driving belt is too loose, so that one I will need to replace aswell. It shouldn't be to hard to find a matching belt for that.

The foam and rubber speaker borders are all fine, allthough they are ancient. Especially the four mid range speakers look quite brittle. So replacement parts for those I will order aswell so I can give them a maintenance when the time comes they break. That I can find without problems, and look forward to that hands on job.

The casette deck works perfectly!

Tips, tricks and manuals are certainly more than welcome.

PS: I really LOVE the master control panel, so much more than a remote control ;)

All Replies

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,277 Posts
Gold Member

Do you mean this:

http://soundsheavenly.com/speakerlink-4-pin-din-cables/19-speakerlink-compatible-4-pin-din-cables-for-older-bo-speakers-sold-as-a-pair.html?search_query=speakerlink&results=1

As for the CD drawer could be a couple of things but if you search the Forum you will find a multitude of answers on belts, motors etc.

If you upgrade (strongly suggested) to Silver or Gold membership, you will have access to all of the user and service manuals here on Beoworld.

Enjoy your new system.

Dave.

cee
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
cee replied on Mon, Jul 20 2015 11:44 AM

Yes,

Those are the ones I mean.

But as I only need one I find it quite expensive to buy two of them, transport included it would cost me about 70€ for one cable, therefore I was hoping to find one somewhere a little cheaper...

Concerning the CD-player issues, I will look into some threads of the forum to see if someone has encountered a similar problem.

thanks for your reply!

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,277 Posts
Gold Member

If you just need the DIN plug to attach to a cable, just contact Steve at Sounds Heavenly and he may be able to supply just the plug.  Free shipping is already included in his pricing so no extra transport costs.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL