Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
57 Posts
Bronze Member
Douglas posted on Sun, Jul 19 2015 1:55 PM

Hi All,

Obviously the Beolab for a BV7-55 determines the stand but what stand makes the TV look better, I have the tall stand at the moment but I have a nagging feeling that the 7-55 might look a lot better at a lower level with a BL7.6 Not so intimidating?

Your thoughts Please

Regards Douglas

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,148 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jul 19 2015 3:53 PM

I have a 7-55 at home. On the Motorised Table Stand, with my 7.6, it's the perfect height for sitting on the sofa and watching in my opinion..

Lee

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,280 Posts
Gold Member
As Lee intimates, it depends on what you sit on when you watch and the height it is. We have the tall stand with a BL7.4 underneath but it is the perfect height for watching. We prefer to look straight ahead or slightly upwards when watching - depending on if we sit or slouch!. A lower stand would mean us looking down which we don't want to do. Dave.
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Hi there

Mine is on the tall stand and at the right height for me on my sofa.

If it was on a low stand I would loose the 7-4 and have to look down also.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Douglas
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks everyone because I have a large and low sofa, I think Lee could be right, I had the TV provisionally on an 7-40 low stand before I

bought the 7-55 high stand. With the high stand I find the furniture looks to small, I suppose Ill have to save up for a 7.6.

Photo:

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Hi I think it looks fine but that is subjective.

I would go for bigger front speakers rather than bigger furniture over a smaller stand and loss of the 7-4

But I would miss my 7-4 because I have lab9's with the acoustic lens and the clarity it brings to voice.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
437 Posts
Gold Member
beolion replied on Tue, Jul 21 2015 12:29 PM

I have the low stand and the BL7-2 speaker.

We have a relatively low couch and we dont feel that we look down at all.

In our living room the tv would become too dominant if we had the high stand. It is really about taste.

Now you got three different suggestion :-)

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
437 Posts
Gold Member
beolion replied on Tue, Jul 21 2015 12:33 PM

Douglas
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Bronze Member

Super idea with the Red BL7 Cover!

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Jul 21 2015 3:45 PM

It is a personal choice of course, but I think one of the hallmarks of B&O televisions is that their stand / placement options are at eye level or low (except for the Beovision 1 tall floorstand). Yes, I do realize that wall brackets can be placed anywhere and however high. That being said, I think Beovisions look their best when they're relatively low compared with "normal" televisions. Even the David Lewis Avant could be considered a "low" placed television as it was barely at eye level when seated. 

B&O televisions, to me are all works of art that, when placed low, really catch the eye as a part of the home. Heck, even when Beovision 11's and 5's and 10's are hung on the wall, to me, their most aesthetically pleasing placement is relatively low compared with other televisions I've seen on the wall, high, or above a fireplace mantle or something. Maybe it is just my neck prefers not to be looking up all that much. I do it enough how short I am ! LOL

Back to the question, I think the BV7 looks great on the low floorstand.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,349 Posts
Gold Member

I find looking slightly downwards far more relaxing than looking upwards. I believe it is also a medical fact (the latter hinders blood flow). I have actually had my smaller MXs placed on the floor in the past; it was nice to watch and also looks great as long as the surroundings are mostly empty.

Now that much of the content we watch is HD and you can thus sit closer to the screen, the top edge of a 55" TV can actually end up really high if the TV is placed on as high a stand than the former smaller TVs were.

--mika

Douglas
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes I had my MXs on the floor as well, I think the height thing started with the 32" Avant which I got

used to but knew in my heart that it was a bit to high for comfortable viewing, anyway Folks thanks very much for your input I am going to have to find a Low Stand first before I buy a BL 7.6 just to be absolutely SURE!

Douglas C

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

There were stands (with wheels) for the MX-series as well.

Maybe not as high as the old Avant, but not every MX was on the floor.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,807 Posts
Bronze Member

The beauty of the low stand is that it hides the cables Yes - thumbs up

x:________________________

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL