rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

clagros
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
clagros posted on Sun, Jul 12 2015 3:22 PM

Just  bought a pair of ex-demo BL9.

The first day they worked perfectly. The next day I just put the cables in a more esthetic way (no changes, no hard pulling or any other action whatsoever) then I noticed the right channel doesn't goes 'red' when shutting down the system.

Moreover, the speaker sounds a 'click' (like static spark)  when connecting to the 220V line, while the other doesn't make any  noise. Also a very  very low 'bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' (but not humming like when no gorounding)  is coming out when listen carefully  while the other one is completely silent.

Changin cables didn't help. When connected to the BS9000, they sound fantastic. But when powering off, one goes red and the other reamins green. Obviusly, the back of the 'green' one is warm, I iassume becasue it is powered on all the time. In the menatime, I disconnec it from the power line each time. Annoying tought. Any  ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

All Replies

Radiomekaniker
Not Ranked
49 Posts
Bronze Member
Check if you have the position switch set to "LINE" then it may not switch off.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jul 13 2015 9:05 PM

Changing cables didn't do it? I've had similar sounds from a pair of BL8000s when one of the PL plugs wasn't seated well, breaking ground and letting there be enough signal to turn the speaker on. Other than checking to make sure the cables aren't damaged and are plugged in solidly, I have no suggestions other than time to chat with the dealer.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

clagros
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Solved!

You're a genius.

Thanks soooooooooo much!
clagros
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Accidentally switched to 'line'- solved!

Thanks to Radiomechaniker.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL