rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
90 Posts
Bronze Member
MARKFS posted on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:55 PM

Hi There BeoWorld.

I have a Beovision 7 MK2, but i'm starting to think that the picture quality of it just ain't that great anymore compared to other tv's. 

I have talked to my retailer, and he says that he can install a HD-module which will enable me to watch HD-channels.

But will the module improve the picture quality?

All Replies

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
90 Posts
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:48 PM

Well, my tv-signal goes through the antenna connection on the back, not the DVI-I

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:56 AM

MARKFS:

Well, my tv-signal goes through the antenna connection on the back, not the DVI-I

most likely you will need an HD arial as well :-)

BeoNut since '75

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

wooooaaaaaahhhhh slow down.  Re-read the original post and looks like there has been a misunderstanding.  It appears you are referring to the DVB-HD tuner upgrade and not the DVI-I scaler board which your TV lacks.

No, I think the DVB-HD tuner upgrade isn't worth it, better to get the scaler board upgraded and to use with an HD PVR, use the component input with HD FURY 3 for 2 x HDMI to Component 1080i.......... or just change the screen

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
90 Posts
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:20 AM

But it's not that I need HDMI ports or anything like that.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get the picture to look sharper.

My TV signal goes through the Antenna connection, and I believe that there is a DVI connection on the back. 

alain6578
Not Ranked
47 Posts
Bronze Member

hello,

Very best picture with HDFURY3 but not for the sound.The sound is very best with sd picture and scart cable.

It's impossible to use it with cox cables and  it's  a dilema  best sound  and poor picture or good picture but poor sound.

Alain Schrobiltgen

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
699 Posts
Founder

As i have been there some years ago i would suggest you do the step if you are not willing to change your B&O TV in the near future. An HD-KIT is installed on your BV and then you can use your DVI-I soccket with HDMI-DVI adapter. The quality of the picture improves drastically even on 32'' on HD broadcast content and on Blurays. It is more than worth doing it, IF you are not willing to spend some thousands on a new B&O TV set.

Dimitris-

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL