rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 0 Followers

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
PapaJustify Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:34 PM

Hey everyone.
I opened a new topic to have a general discussion about the coming Multiroom feature update for several products.

Let me know your expectations, wishes and experiences (when it's finally here).

--------------------------
To start it off:
I've been trying MR for a while now and it works really great so far. I don't have that much use cases for it myself, but I could imagine that a lot of you guys already have lots of ideas how to use it with your setups at home. You can really look forward to it.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:41 PM
Great idea to start a general discussion about this feature.

But first of all I would like to know a definition of the term 'multiroom'.

Regards

Räuber
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:54 PM

Hi Raeuber, I believe PapaJustify means the same music or control for every room just like SONOS for example!

I'd love A8 style or smaller units of that design which I can control from a B&O app on my iPhone. And a little speaker like the SONOS 1 (I believe the S3 may be this one). And REALLY IMPORTANTLY the app MUST have a bass and treble adjustment or graphic equaliser as we all have different sound tastes! 

And i'd like it to be rock stable wifi wise (5GHZ?).

I won't comment on Apple Music as just like every other brand, that is totally out of their hands at this moment in time.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,605
Bronze Member

Raeuber:
Great idea to start a general discussion about this feature.

But first of all I would like to know a definition of the term 'multiroom'.

Regards

Räuber

I'd say, it is the ability to use all of your (audio) sources across the entire NL-network.

As an example: netradio on a tv, one Deezer-based song on a BS Essence (2nd) and another on a A9 (2nd) all at the same time.

Listening to the same song/radio on all devices at the same time will be the easiest task of 'multiroom'.

---

And yes, please - a NL-enabled A8 would be great.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Jun 12 2015 11:32 PM
Millemissen:

I'd say, it is the ability to use all of your (audio) sources across the entire NL-network.

As an example: netradio on a tv, one Deezer-based song on a BS Essence (2nd) and another on a A9 (2nd) all at the same time.

Listening to the same song/radio on all devices at the same time will be the easiest task of 'multiroom'.

---

Ok. Will this ability require network cables or will it also work if all NL-devices are connected wireless to a network router?

I think the cable solution would not be nothing special or new for me as an owner of a Masterlink solution.

The special kind of 'Listening the same music on all devices at the same time' is called Partymode, correct?

Regards

Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,605
Bronze Member

As far as I have understood, it can be mixed - with wired as the prefered connection.

NL is a network, that requires a router - best scenario is a dedicated router as a subnetwork.

mM

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,671
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Jun 13 2015 7:51 AM

Millemissen:

As far as I have understood, it can be mixed - with wired as the prefered connection. NL is a network, that requires a router - best scenario is a dedicated router as a subnetwork.

mM

your right. a wired network will be more stable though

I played with the beta Beomusic app for multiroom, it looks promising

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,712
Bronze Member
Paul W:

I'd love A8 style or smaller units of that design which I can control from a B&O app on my iPhone. And a little speaker like the SONOS 1 (I believe the S3 may be this one). And REALLY .

What about an A4 which is half an A8 which is one cone?
mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,705
Bronze Member
I heard that A8 is discontinued!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,712
Bronze Member
mr_anders_son:

I heard that A8 is discontinued! BeoVision 11-55....BeoLab 14 2.1 as REAR....BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoPlay S8....BL 6000....BV4-42....BV8-32....BV6-26....BeoRemote One....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....BeoSound Ouverture....BeoGram 4500....H6 Bronzed Hazel....Form 1....U70....BeoLit 600...

Yet it's the product that so many love
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,605
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:

That means, that there is hope for an A8 2nd Generation Smile

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Jun 13 2015 10:19 AM
mr_anders_son:

This would be sad because it's the only Beoplay product I like (and own).

Räuber
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 13 2015 1:04 PM

I agree with Raeuber. It's the only one whose design appealed - one of the last from David Lewis :( Maybe a new version will be launched to fill the gap between BeoLit 15 and A9.

Yes, Michael A4 good idea :) :) :) 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 672
Bronze Member

I wonder if it's reasonable to expect Moment will be able to utilize Beoplay A9 for music playback even if there are no speakers connected to the Moment itself? Confused

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,605
Bronze Member

Maybe through the BeoMusic app, but not from the Moment itself, I guess.

MM

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 548
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 12:05 PM
Millemissen:

MM

Then the moment is truly dead if one can't even do multiroom control from the momentSad
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,605
Bronze Member

vlohjr1:

Then the moment is truly dead if one can't even do multiroom control from the momentSad

The BS Moment is a BeoSound!

And it is accessable on the NL-network as different sources (PatternPlay..... etc).

How would you suppose, that you should control the netwrk from a player?

MM

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 12:51 PM

AnalogPlanet:

I wonder if it's reasonable to expect Moment will be able to utilize Beoplay A9 for music playback even if there are no speakers connected to the Moment itself? 

When I where at the Beosound Moment press launch in Las Vegas in January, B&O showed how Beosound Moment was playing and simply by touching the A9, you joined what was playing from the Moment. Same was shown using the Essence knob to join what was playing over the link.

I guess that is the simplest multiroom usecase that most people will use, i.e letting the music follow you around the house.

The other usecase would be to select and play a Moment source from any linkroom.

We probably have to wait for August to see what that update will bring us.

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,671
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 1:03 PM

vlohjr1:
Millemissen:

MM

After the update to Multiroom you can choose which room you want to join to each other with the Music app. Note: f.e. two different sources one in the living and bathroom the other in the kitchen and the study is possible. I do not know exactly what can be chosen on the Moment, but the menu will be extended with link. Presumably you can chose which source to follow.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 1:41 PM
Carolpa:

After the update to Multiroom you can choose which room you want to join to each other with the Music app. Note: f.e. two different sources one in the living and bathroom the other in the kitchen and the study is possible. I do not know exactly what can be chosen on the Moment, but the menu will be extended with link. Presumably you can chose which source to follow.

Interesting.

Is the Music app required or can one use the remote for these "join" commands?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,671
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 1:56 PM

Hiort:
Interesting.  Is the Music app required or can one use the remote for these "join" commands?

Not required; in my opinion makes it easier though

the join on the remote will do the trick also as well as " buttons"  on the Moment, Essence, A9 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 2:19 PM

Carolpa:

Hiort:
Interesting.  Is the Music app required or can one use the remote for these "join" commands?

Not required; in my opinion makes it easier though

the join on the remote will do the trick also as well as " buttons"  on the Moment, Essence, A9 

Cool.

So what would the command be, if I would like to play a Moment source (eg. Deezer Radio) over my Beolab3500?

Would I be able to map the Deezer Radio to "Radio" on my remote?   

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,671
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Jun 15 2015 6:23 PM

Hiort:
Would I be able to map the Deezer Radio to "Radio" on my remote?  

I presume you're working with a BLC, then in theory you already could program the BLC to start Deezer with the Radio command. But, are you able to test it? That would presumably depends on your set-up. For sure in a NL set-up it would not be possible

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL