rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Wiggster
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Gold Member
Wiggster posted on Fri, Jun 8 2012 5:17 PM

Hi there,

Have a request from my boss- he has recently moved to a new house, and has some nice b and o penta speakers, a broken b&o 6 cd system...

He needs some repairs, and advice on how to connect them all, and is happy to pay...

Any ideas of any suitable companies/people in the area?

cheers

Jeff

All Replies

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,145 Posts
Founder

AVA Services in Crawley have a good reputation.

01293 611 590

Regards Graham

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
3,896 Posts
Bronze Member

Is your boss the laziest person in the world? Has he never heard of Google or using a telephone?

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Ditto Graham, AVA are located next door to ********AV who are always happy to help out.

Would appear this young man has been given this task to complete by his Boss, not that his boss if inordinately lazy!

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
3,896 Posts
Bronze Member

If my boss asked me to sort out what is obviously a personal matter then I would politey remind him where my job ends - unless this is part of a paid remit in work time from the company owner of course. BTW there is absolutely no indication from the OP whether he is young or old downtrodden or simply lazy himself. That's what happens when one makes assumptions or relies on appearances, invariably assumptions or appearances turn out to be wrong!

Chris.

Michael Sean
Not Ranked
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
31 Posts
Bronze Member

As a member of BeoWorld, I am absolutely appalled at the unnecessary mean spiritedness and hostility of this response! And from a site moderator at that!

I can't even believe that any member of this site, never mind a moderator, would extend such a condescending and critical response to any fellow member who obviously, just for the first time, reached out to us for some simple and obviously much needed guidance! In checking inquiring member Wiggster's profile, it appears that he or she is a new member and that this post is their first. Nice welcome, huh!

Furthermore, if you've ever wondered why, among a membership that reaches into the thousands and a daily view count of 5,000, comparatively few members post questions to the BeoWorld Forum, then perhaps this is a good example of why.

I've been a member of BeoWorld for a few years now and it is my opinion that there are far too many instances of unnecessary criticism being included with responses at members who are simply asking questions. And is that not what the Forum is for?

Member and Moderator Medogsfat/Chris should do the right thing and extend and apology to member Wiggster. And as for those who own and/or manage this site, perhaps it's time for this guy to be stripped of his moderator status.

Michael

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,304 Posts
Gold Member

Well said, Michael Yes - thumbs up

Comments like that (Medogsfat's) would be expected from some members -but a moderator..? Huh?

Sometimes it's better to just shut up...

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member

Chris is always getting nasty whenever KOS shows up! Not sure why but is there any competition/hostility between "resellers" here on this forum?

Brengen & Ophalen

Wiggster
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Gold Member

No, he's quite capable in fact. He has looked around, but when talking to him over a coffee last week, I mentioned that I was a member of a b and o community, and I would ask for any advice or recommendations.  Previously whenever I have posted, the replies have been useful and insightful. 

I would wonder why you would feel the need to respond at all, seeing as you evidently have nothing to add. 

Best, 

Jeff

Wiggster
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the support Michael, I was a little surprised at the hostility received. 

I have actually been a member for a number of years, and have contributed questions and answers, mostly in relation to vintage equipment I have owned over the years. I have contributed with manuals and schematics when I saw requests, and have in turn asked for help locating various odds and ends, including speaker cone replacement kits and mmc20 stylus. 

I was also a gold member for a number of years, and enjoyed participating in various discussions when I had more time and equipment to tinker with. 

He spirit of the members was always very helpful, hence the reason for my post, after chatting to one of my senior managers about various equipment he owned, and his desire to get them connected again, I thought what better place to ask for some friendly advice. 

I won't take it personally though, and hope its not indicative of the membership attitude. All the best,

Jeff

Wiggster
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the tip, joeyboygolf

Jeff

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
1,078 Posts
Founder
h1npw replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:19 PM

I have to say Chris is usually extremely helpful and friendly. Maybe just a bad day at the office....

Cheers

Nigel

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,145 Posts
Founder

Wiggster:

I won't take it personally though, and hope its not indicative of the membership attitude. All the best,

Jeff

I have edited this post as my intentions have been misunderstood

Regards Graham

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

I have removed this post as Graham has modified his - other Members took offence to a statement made by Medogsfat (Chris) before I had even posted anything!

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

I have removed this post as Graham has modified his - other Members took offence to a statement made by Medogsfat (Chris) before I had even posted anything!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL