rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 38 Replies | 2 Followers

liberal
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
liberal posted on Mon, May 4 2015 2:39 PM

My Moment updated its software today. 

As far as I can tell there is now a numerical volume indicator that  appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and you can now move the white dot on the moodwheel  around the coloured spectrum by holding your finger on it. 

Does anyone have an more information as to what features are either fixed or new?

Best

Paul

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,249 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, May 6 2019 8:47 PM
There is a thread regarding problems people have encountered with this upgrade. So maybe you should wait with the upgrade.

What I have heard is that there will be only silent updates, more to keep eg Deezer and Tunein going.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sun, May 12 2019 11:23 AM

I asked B&O Support, what are the changes behind the Software update for the Beosound Moment

The answer was: "The changes from the previous version to this version are mainly bug-fixes, especially in the context of TuneIn."

I did not experience any TuneIn problems with my current ("old") version. Did anybody else?
Is a new update available fixing all the mentioned new problems (see https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/36507.aspx?PageIndex=2) due to update 2.2.2.3900 - 2.2.29827?

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,452 Posts
Silver Member

This has been horrible. BOTH of my BeoSound Moments have been rendered unusable by the recent update. Even though they are connected wired to the network, they both start getting drop-outs -- both with the DLNA server and Deezer -- until the connection is completely lost.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,474 Posts
Founder

How’s that possible then? My BSM works flawless, wired with Deezer HiFi. No dropouts. 

With both BSM having troubles, you would think of a network related problem. 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,452 Posts
Silver Member

The problems started happening exactly after the update. The coincidence here is too strong. Also, others have been having the very same problems. I have no problem with my other B&O devices -- such as the BeoSound 1, BeoPlay A6, M5, and 35.

Tomvdw
Top 500 Contributor
172 Posts
Founder
Tomvdw replied on Wed, May 15 2019 9:53 AM

Hi Jeff,

the same with my Moment - thats total annoying as this problem makes the Moment not longer usable (again).

Hope, that there will be a bug fixing bug fix released soon.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
527 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem with both my Moments stuttering with playback in Deezer and DLNA, have reported the bug as well.

Hope they fix this soon.

On the plus side been using my Beosound 5 more and forgot how much I like MOTS!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,452 Posts
Silver Member
beojeff replied on Wed, May 15 2019 11:11 AM

I've had both of my Moments submit their logs and encourage others to do the same and provide beocare with the log ID. They need to know that this problem is widespread. They should at least roll back the software until they get this fixed.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
649 Posts
Silver Member
This is the version after update yesterday 16th May:

This is the version after update this morning 17th May:

Is this the rolled back version all hope for?

Made no difference as Moment stuck on DLNA harvesting at 10% since yesterday afternoon.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
929 Posts
Gold Member
seethroughyou:

Is this the rolled back version all hope for?

29827 is the last one that I showed you yesterday. Buggy for some, working well for others! Chose your camp

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,452 Posts
Silver Member

Sadly, it seems that our camp chooses us.

To shed some light on this: it seems that the problem is with Moments in an integrated setup where the Moment uses the speakers of the TV -- both NL TVs and TVs using an NL/ML converter. The sound starts stuttering and then completely cuts out. However, the music from the Moment will continue to play via multi-room on my BeoSound 35 in another room.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
929 Posts
Gold Member
beojeff:

Unfortunately yes Sad

At least through the forum you can collect impacted setups, this will be very valuable for B&O to isolate the issue.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
265 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

To shed some light on this: it seems that the problem is with Moments in an integrated setup where the Moment uses the speakers of the TV -- both NL TVs and TVs using an NL/ML converter. The sound starts stuttering and then completely cuts out. However, the music from the Moment will continue to play via multi-room on my BeoSound 35 in another room.

Hi Beojeff,

I can confirm this, my moment is connected to my horizon and uses the speakers connected to the tv. No problem with dropouts. Also any nl source I add through multiroom is fine. Only my BS3000 through the NL/ML converter is acting up. Will play for a few minutes and then drops out and will not play again until I power off the BS3000 and rejoin the session. And dropout sequence starts again.

Might be a problem in the app though, not related to the moment update. Cannot recall but the app is almost twice a week updated (i’m on the beta test track, you?). Maybe coincidentally with the BSM update?
Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
265 Posts
Bronze Member
Gave it a try with this session (see picture):

The BS3000 is now playing through the moment and no drop outs for about 10minutes so far.

I’m on app version 2.6.1 (2.6.1.20021) from 2 days ago.

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
265 Posts
Bronze Member
Oke, after 20 minutes or so the BS3000 dropped out and even after power on/off not able to rejoin the session. I give up for now. Not clear what is causing the problems.

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL