Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Updated PUC table for Avant and ATV+decoder?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 0 Followers

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari posted on Wed, Apr 8 2015 7:01 PM

Hi all

Recently acquired an Avant and want to control my Apple TV and decoder with the BeoRemote One.

I have plugged in the Ethernet to IR cable into the PUC 1A+B port on the Avant. 

I have an Apple TV 3rd generation and have peeled off the sticky tape from the infrared sensor and stuck it to the front of the Apple TV, but cannot control it using the beoremote. I have checked setup a few times. I have a feeling nothing is being transmitted through the infrared port as I have selected AppleTV 3rd generation PUC. 

Also, for my satellite decoder, the model is not listed in the current PUC table. Does anyone have a newer/more comprehensive PUC table? I see there is one on the local site Wiki but it's from 2013.

any advice?

thanks

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,942 Posts
Bronze Member

New or old Avant???

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
572 Posts
Bronze Member
Move the IR around on the Apple TV. They can be tricky. Hold it around the white light area till you hit the sweet spot. The decoder box may have the same codes as other similar models. I would play around with them till you find the one that works. Or try the generic code base that is in the available downloads.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Wed, Apr 8 2015 7:24 PM

Thanks guys will try. New avant MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,942 Posts
Bronze Member

The puc's are online - what you see in the list in the setup menu (of the Avant) is, what is available.

N.B. Do remember to use the right ir-blaster (A or B) - if you have the cable with two signals.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Wed, Apr 8 2015 7:37 PM

Thanks. What if my set top box isnt listed? Can I request B&O to make me a puc table so I can load it via USB?

I got the AppleTV working. Had to plug it in PUC 3 for some reason PUC1 wasn't working. 

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
572 Posts
Bronze Member
B&O will capture and make the code for a fee if requested. What box is it? Try Scientific Atlantic codes or Motorola codes. You'd be surprised how many boxes out in the wild are using those codes despite what may be on the outside label. Also, try generic as a search in the code database. There are a number of them in there.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:00 AM

That's the problem, it's re-branded from the cable provider so not sure what the original brand is. Will try out some different ones or contact my dealer if I don't come right. Thanks for the help.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Sun, Apr 12 2015 6:03 PM

Ok so I found the model -

Pace TDS865IMC

Now to find a code that works for it.. As it's not listed on the PUC table, and other models don't seem to work hmm.

lano
Top 500 Contributor
161 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 3:31 PM

Do you know whom to contact to have a PUC created?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
ari:

Ok so I found the model -

Pace TDS865IMC Now to find a code that works for it.. As it's not listed on the PUC table, and other models don't seem to work hmm.

Try Foxtel puc
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL