rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 47 Replies | 1 Follower

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun posted on Fri, Apr 3 2015 9:44 PM

Dear all,

I have the following configuration. Please refer to the image below.

I need you help to configure the Beolink NL/ML. Mainly I want to have the sound of the Beovision 11 in the Beolink passive.

1. Which ML role must be set-up?

2. Which option shall be set for the Beovision 8? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

3. Which option shall be set for the Beolink passive? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

4. How do I need to set the "experience mapped to NL" panel? 

5. How must the Beovision be configured?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Didier

All Replies

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 12:28 PM

Hello,

I solved a big part of my issue by adding a Beolink Converter 1611 on the ML side. Now I can listen to music from my Beovision 11 on the Beolink passive. But I still have a issue.

Is it possible to listen to a audio source from the Beovision 11 (for example DVD) on the Beolink passive and in the same time watching in different source (V.mem) on the Beovision 11 ?

I am not able for the moment to reach that goal. What are the settings I have to set on the BLC NL/ML and what is the option I need to set on the Beolink passive?

Thanks for your help.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
I don't know that you'll be able to do that.
doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 8:02 PM

Thanks for your answer.

I was able to do it with my old Beovision 7 but I was only in ML. Perhaps you are right, it is not possible to do it with the BLC NL/ML.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
I am very bad surprised about your experience with the NL/ML converter. I always thought that with this converter a new BS4-based BV (Avant, BV 11) would work like a BS3-based BV in a Masterlink environment.

I use a BV 7 as videomaster in my masterlink setup. If a source is used at BV 7 it is a key feature for me to get access to another source of BV 7 (inbuilt or directly connected) from my linkrooms with masterlinked BVs or Beolink passive/active. I use this feature every day. If this doesn't work with the converter anymore it would be worthless for me and I wouldn't have a chance to replace my BV 7 by an Avant/BV 11 in the future.

Can anybody confirm that this feature is not possible anymore with the NL/ML converter?

Regards

Räuber
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
I guess I need a better xplanation of exactly what you're trying to do.

I.E do you want av1 on video on thebv11

And sounds from av2 on another system?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Apr 5 2015 8:16 PM
I don't think BV11 can play two of its own sources simultaneously i.e one in linkroom and one in main room.

Hope someone can confirm.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
I agree

It cannot ... At least that I've figured out.

Was that possible with the bsys3?

Hiort:

I don't think BV11 can play two of its own sources simultaneously i.e one in linkroom and one in main room.

Hope someone can confirm.

Happy owner of: BV11 46", NL/ML Converter, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beosound Moment, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, BeoremoteOne, Beolab 11, Beolab 3500, 2 x Beolit 12

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo:

I agree

It cannot ... At least that I've figured out.

Was that possible with the bsys3?

Yes, of course!

Only one great feature of masterlink.

And it works not only with Beosys3-based TVs. It also worked with my good old Avant from the year 1998!

Regards

Räuber
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
So you're playing the hdmi source in one room and then playing the audio from hdmi 3 in another?

Previously .. With the sys3?
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo:

So you're playing the hdmi source in one room and then playing the audio from hdmi 3 in another?

Previously .. With the sys3?

If you want to hear the sound from another source in linkroom you have to connect this source not only digital (HDMI) but also analogue to mainroom TV, because Masterlink is an analogue system.

First I thought the new Netlink system is a full successor of Masterlink. So I was very disappointed that Netlink can only distribute sound but not video. With Masterlink you can watch videos from any mainroom source on a linkroom Beovision while another person can watch a video from (another or the same) source in mainroom.

And now it seems to be that you can't listen to another source connected to mainroom TV than the source actually working in mainroom. If this is true the NL/ML converter is nearly worthless, it's only a connection of analogue Masterlink sources to a Netlink Beovision. Very disappointing.

Regards

Räuber
doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun replied on Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:28 AM

Hello everyone,

I try to have the confirmation of B&O.

I tried to have two different audio sources from the Beovision 11 connected to the Beolink NL/ML (one for the link room and another directly for the Beovision 11) but unfortunately until now I am not able to do it. Perhaps not the right setting!!! I hope so!!!!!

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun replied on Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:28 AM

Hello everyone,

I try to have the confirmation of B&O.

I tried to have two different audio sources from the Beovision 11 connected to the Beolink NL/ML (one for the link room and another directly for the Beovision 11) but unfortunately until now I am not able to do it. Perhaps not the right setting!!! I hope so!!!!!

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun replied on Tue, Apr 7 2015 2:59 PM

Dear all,

I received the answer from B&O. The Beovision 11 is not able to handle two different sources. Therefore it  is not possible to listen to a source on the Beolink NL/ML and watching another source on the Beovision 11. As soon as you will select a Beovision 11 source from the Masterlink, the TV will switch to this source.

I lost a big feature...Angry

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Unbelievable and very poor. If my BV 7 dies some day I have to look for a second hand BV 7 or 10, I would never go for an Avant/BV 11 then without this feature.

Thank for your info though!

Räuber
Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL