Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 516
Bronze Member
frog replied on Mon, Dec 23 2019 1:42 AM

Does this actually work?

Aleksei replied on Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:30 AM 

Here's the link to the BS5Service Tool.

Since this is not a normal file sharing, I do not know how long the link itself will be active, but content should be there.

https://yadi.sk/d/VW3xnEWSWMiikw

https://yadi.sk/d/VW3xnEWSWMiikwhttps://yadi.sk/d/VW3xnEWSWMiikw

https://yadi.sk/d/VW3xnEWSWMiikw

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+BeoMaster900

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 271
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:07 AM
Yes

Option 2 contains only the service tool image of the USB-stick.

Option 1 has the same image and the software to create a bootable stick with the image.

There is also a Service Manual for the BS5/BM5 and a copy of the image tools website.
frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 516
Bronze Member
frog replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:38 AM

Thanks, but I get an error writing the USB. I’ve tried 3, though it seems the files are on the USBs. I haven’t tried booting it yet. 

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 516
Bronze Member
frog replied on Wed, Dec 25 2019 3:27 PM

Thanks Gérard,

got it now. Thanks again!

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 271
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Wed, Dec 25 2019 11:31 PM
Glad to hear that it worked!

here you have a listing of SSDs with the name of their controllers:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html
Micha01
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Micha01 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 9:50 AM

Hello,

my name is Micha, I'm from Germany. If any phrase sounds strange, sorry for that, a not native speaker can't do it as well as you can

I am a proud new owner of a Beosound 5 with Beomaster 5, which I could buy used at a good price. I didn't know that the Beomaster runs Win XP, so the first surprise was that I was able to get the system running on my network but couldn't get any internet access at all. All network settings were correct, the system was "visible" in the network but I couldn't get into the internet - no matter what I tried - so no software update for the system was possible, nor could I listen to net radio. The goal was the following:  I wanted to integrate the system in the master link, be able to access Net-Radio, and not use the internal hard disk of the Beomaster, but access my QNAP-NAS as DNLA server. 

I am not a very good network expert, but after a few tries I was able to get the whole thing working. If someone else has the problem to not access the internet, I'll post my solution here:

On the Beomaster, as I said, XP runs in the background with an outdated Internet Explorer version (the system was lying unused for 3 years before I bought it...) As soon as on the Windows XP a Firefox version (which is suitable for XP), in addition to the Internet-Explorer was installed, it is suddenly possible to get into the Internet. Then I was able to update the software and also access to the Net-Radio stations was suddenly possible.

The system is running now, I only have to connect it to the Avant 55 in the master link via the converter, then the side rooms should also be able to play music.

So: if someone buys an older Beosound 5 and Beomaster 5 combination and also has problems to get into the internet: in my case the installation of a Firefox fixed the problem.

Micha

bjc64
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 2
Silver Member
bjc64 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 11:10 AM

Micha01:
the installation of a Firefox fixed the problem.

Hello Micha

You must feel pleased and elated with your success. Congratulations!

It would be of great interest to know how you installed the software onto the Beomaster5, please. Also, whether you received a display asking to 'log on to Windows' with the user 'Administrator' plus a required password.

Thanks

Bernard

Micha01
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Micha01 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:44 PM

Hello,

Okay, let me try to explain. It was not as easy as it sounds now, because I tried different ways (also an update IE, but unfortunately it did not run). 

Finally I put the last Firefox that worked for XP (you can still find it on the internet) on a stick and plugged it into the USB port of the Beomaster. With ><>>Go to the service menu, call maintenance, then you have the Windows interface. The stick is recognized as an external drive, then drag the software to the desktop and install it. There is no query about the administrator or password.

Micha

Micha01
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Micha01 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:53 PM

Sorry: „><>< Go“ is correct

bjc64
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 2
Silver Member
bjc64 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:27 PM

Micha01:
><>< Go“ is correct

So you accessed the Windows Service Menu and by using a keyboard and/or mouse installed the software? Is windows service pack 2 or 3 installed?

When you exit the Service Menu does it load up the BeoSound5 user interface? For myself, when I exit the Service Menu  I have to 'log on to Windows' with the user 'Administrator' plus a required password. This is something that has happened in recent months.

Bernard

Micha01
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Micha01 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:41 PM

It is servicepack 2. After leaving  Windows the normal overview is shown. There is no need to lock in. I haven‘t had that situation to lock in as an admin with password.... sorry, but therefore i‘am not able to give you any help... maybe the systems are a litle different (i don‘t know). 

For me it was realy clear that the problem was the old version of the IE. So i thougth about how to bring the system online  - and Firefox was the way....

Micha01
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Micha01 replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:42 PM

It is servicepack 2. After leaving  Windows the normal overview is shown. There is no need to lock in. I haven‘t had that situation to lock in as an admin with password.... sorry, but therefore i‘am not able to give you any help... maybe the systems are a litle different (i don‘t know). 

For me it was realy clear that the problem was the old version of the IE. So i thougth about how to bring the system online  - and Firefox was the way....

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 379
Gold Member
beolion replied on Tue, Jan 14 2020 8:27 PM
Hi

I never connect a screen and keyboard to my system as the BS5 is in the kitchen and the BM5 is in the office and connected with 9 metre cables.

To manage the BM5 I am using TightVNC to make a remote connection to the system. It works very well and other users are doing the same.

You still need to start in Maintenance Mode on the BS5 though.
Sjock601
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 25
Gold Member
Sjock601 replied on Wed, Jan 15 2020 1:10 AM

My BeoSound 5 system is also getting close to 10 years old.  I still love the design and how it functions.  Love MOTS and  I am always listening to music from my personal collection as well as the radio. Really like not having to pay for a streaming service but still able to enjoy nice music.  My internet service was recently down (which tends to happen a lot and is totally unreliable) for 2 days.  I had no landline phone, internet or TV or radio for two days, but I could still enjoy music just like a streaming service.  I just hope that I can keep it running for a long time.  Would be nice if B&O would write new software to make it work it work even better, which can be done.  I thinks there are enough BeoSound 5 systems out there that it would be a source for a considerable monetary gain for them.  
        However, on the. negative side, there were so many software changes made to the system after it was introduced that it is really, really NOT THE SAME SYSTEM THAT I INITIALLY PURCHASED.  That is really frustrating and really makes me skeptical in regards to future investments into B&O products.  Some of the changes were for the better, but there were more things removed than added.  I am still trying to understand the thinking for these issues.  

Page 2 of 2 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL